Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hi guys I’m wanting to start another grow but need to convince the wife!

Thanks

Default Hi guys I’m wanting to start another grow but need to convince the wife!

Hi guys, basically I’m wanting to start another grow but have just moved property, only to find out from my next door neighbour (who’s now widow and around 60years old and lives with her daughter around 25years old and neither have a partner) but she’s had 2years of hell with the previous property owners who turned out to be a “cocaine” dealer and was kicked out of the property after drug raid etc, but the neighbour had rang the police on them a few times over various things/runs etc, my property is detached but grow would be again in the garage (which is built into the house), I have access to the garage from in the home (unlike last house which was again built in but had no inside access to garage so that grow was a bit more obvious) so neighbours etc don’t know if I’m in garage, going in, coming out etc, I’ve got a grow tent, HID light, carbon filter, but the wife’s kinda dug heels in a little bit because of the smell and neighbours, is their anyway to eliminate all odours or almost all (my last house the tent was open mainly due to very high temps their so obviously had a smell as filter/fan weren’t big enough for garage), so guys any ideas?
    Thanks kindly guys
    Gary!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gasher90 For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (14-04-19), GEORGE (14-04-19), millwall115 (14-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

A good carbon filter & get the heat sorted so the tent doesn't need to stay open!
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Bin man (15-04-19), British green (14-04-19), Cleargreen (14-04-19), gardro (14-04-19), GEORGE (14-04-19), IceCalibur (14-04-19), UpT0wn (14-04-19), Valentina (15-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,141 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Gasher90 View Post
    Hi guys, basically I’m wanting to start another grow but have just moved property, only to find out from my next door neighbour (who’s now widow and around 60years old and lives with her daughter around 25years old and neither have a partner) but she’s had 2years of hell with the previous property owners who turned out to be a “cocaine” dealer and was kicked out of the property after drug raid etc, but the neighbour had rang the police on them a few times over various things/runs etc, my property is detached but grow would be again in the garage (which is built into the house), I have access to the garage from in the home (unlike last house which was again built in but had no inside access to garage so that grow was a bit more obvious) so neighbours etc don’t know if I’m in garage, going in, coming out etc, I’ve got a grow tent, HID light, carbon filter, but the wife’s kinda dug heels in a little bit because of the smell and neighbours, is their anyway to eliminate all odours or almost all (my last house the tent was open mainly due to very high temps their so obviously had a smell as filter/fan weren’t big enough for garage), so guys any ideas?
    Thanks kindly guys
    Gary!
    Make sure you fans and CF are adequate and that you have negative pressure in the tent. When mine are in full flower you can’t smell a thing even when ur stood outside the tent.

Please check out my diary.

Millwall Does G13 Gigabud under QB’s using Biotabs
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...8&share_type=t

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to millwall115 For This Useful Post:

British green (14-04-19), Cleargreen (14-04-19), gardro (14-04-19), GEORGE (14-04-19), IceCalibur (14-04-19), Valentina (15-04-19)

7. Default

Well Gary I'm gonna be honest with you and say, your issue as far as I can see isn't with the smell, temps or anything else...those are things you CAN control with the right set-up which many here can advise you with...BUT (and it's a massive but)..in my experience once the wife digs her heels in with something it's a struggle to bring them around, it's gonna need a lot of massages, chores around the house, taking her out for dinner and basically treating her like a queen (which we all should do anyway truth be told without wanting anything) lol..

Good luck with it and hope you get the outcome you're after

On a side note, I'd personally be a little wary after hearing about what was going on previously, but that's just me.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (14-04-19), gardro (14-04-19), Gaz (14-04-19), GEORGE (14-04-19), skunkybudmans (14-04-19), Subterranean Man (14-04-19), UpT0wn (14-04-19), Valentina (15-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Partition off / build a stud wall or a full timber room inside the garage if you want to eliminate smell altogether. You need two stages of negative pressure, akin to an airlock on submarine.

When the grow room opens, the smell will get everywhere so thats where the filter on the garage itself will come into play. All draughts will be inwards.

Insulate the grow room very well and it will be miles cheaper to run and stop condensation in the colder months.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (14-04-19), GEORGE (14-04-19), IceCalibur (14-04-19), jumpman233345 (14-04-19), Valentina (15-04-19)

Thanks

How could I keep smell away when drying and curing etc, and tell me about the whole wife thing, women’s heels are like anchors, I just thought someone might have had an idea on how I could kick the anchor over to my side of the fence if you like lol!

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gasher90 For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (14-04-19), gardro (14-04-19), GEORGE (14-04-19), IceCalibur (14-04-19)

13. Default

How could I keep smell away when drying and curing etc, and tell me about the whole wife thing, women’s heels are like anchors, I just thought someone might have had an idea on how I could kick the anchor over to my side of the fence if you like lol!

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (14-04-19), gardro (14-04-19), GEORGE (14-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,174 Times

Women tend to be more sensible when it comes to long term financial planning so if you can make it clear that growing your own will save a tonne of money then that would probably help.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cleargreen For This Useful Post:

gardro (14-04-19), GEORGE (14-04-19), IceCalibur (14-04-19), UpT0wn (14-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Does she puff the herb?

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (14-04-19), GEORGE (14-04-19)

small plantation outside kingston jamaica
    Thanks

Yeah as G said, two stage extraction would be ideal to be as smell free as possible. Build a wooden box around a tent with enough space to stand inside to close the door.. good in-line fan and filter on both the tent and box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New PC Build coming soon

20. The Following User Says Thank You to jumpman233345 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-04-19)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast