Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ballast issue

Thanks

Unhappy Answered: Ballast issue

Hi, I bought some new Sunmaster dual spectrum bulbs for my Adjusta watt 1000 watt ballasts & they wont fire up.

The old bulbs work..

This is the second lot ive tried so obviously is the ballast thats the problem.

Just wondered if anyone had a similar problem & knew some bulbs that will work without having to buy new ballasts.

2. "
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
    Just want to let people know what happened with these.

I contacted the company that make adjusta watt "Soldigital" & told them the issue..as these ballasts come with a 5 year warranty & he refused to admit theres an issue & claimed I should just buy 2 soldigital bulbs & the sunmaster hps bulbs were somehow no good.

I bought 2 Lumatek 1000 watt ballast replacement & the bulbs fired up straight away as youde expect.

I had to replace the adjusta watt ballasts in the past because they died twice, but the grow shop I bought from as since closed down "hydro2grow" so im out of pocket now.

I definitely recommend avoiding anything Soldigital like the plague.
    Sucks when you spend good money a the company leaves ya hanging. Glad you have posted your experience as i will avoid this company. There are many suppliers and customer service is what separates them as most components are created equally, just marketed differently.
    Some are even designed to fail or become obsolete.
    Letting companies know your disappointment and even sending screenshots, of there bad press can get them to rethink there decision. To me its not about the money. Unless the supplier can show you in writing why the ballast wont run new bulbs they should warranty them. Brand has nothing to do with output of a ballast.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk"

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bucket For This Useful Post:

AND (26-04-19), British green (15-04-19), GEORGE (15-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times
    Provided Answers: 510

Are the old bulbs sunmaster?
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    Are the old bulbs sunmaster?
    Hi M_C, yeah the bulbs are sunmaster.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bucket For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times
    Provided Answers: 510

Most odd....

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times
    Provided Answers: 36

Default Ballast issue

Hi, I bought some new Sunmaster dual spectrum bulbs for my Adjusta watt 1000 watt ballasts & they wont fire up.

The old bulbs work..

This is the second lot ive tried so obviously is the ballast thats the problem.

Just wondered if anyone had a similar problem & knew some bulbs that will work without having to buy new ballasts.
    If the old bulbs work I cannot see it being a ballast problem?
    Did your new bulbs come branded in boxes?
    Did you buy them from a reputable company?

in a green and pleasant land
    Last edited by British green; 15-04-19 at 06:41 PM.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

AND (26-04-19), GEORGE (15-04-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by British green View Post
    If the old bulbs work I cannot see it being a ballast problem?
    Did your new bulbs come branded in boxes?

in a green and pleasant land
    Yea, the bulbs were legit, I ordered 2 separate orders from different grow shops.

I have not had good experience Adjusta watt ballasts. Sent them back twice.
    One matey told me they can go like this after time. Ive never heard of it before.
    I ordered 2 Lumatek as a replacement now.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bucket For This Useful Post:

AND (26-04-19), GEORGE (15-04-19)

Thanks
    Provided Answers: 1

Yea, the bulbs were legit, I ordered 2 separate orders from different grow shops.

I have not had good experience Adjusta watt ballasts. Sent them back twice.
    One matey told me they can go like this after time. Ive never heard of it before.
    I ordered 2 Lumatek as a replacement now.
    Get them tested in agrow shop ...mine was faulty and new ...also they will test your bulbs to for you ...just make sure your bulbs are screwed in your lamp holders tight with a clean cloth ...ifnot working still .....get them all tested ....my ballast was faulty from new.....good luck ..

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gramps For This Useful Post:

AND (26-04-19), Bucket (15-04-19), GEORGE (15-04-19), IceCalibur (15-04-19)

Thanks

I contacted the company that make adjusta watt "Soldigital" & told them the issue..as these ballasts come with a 5 year warranty & he refused to admit theres an issue & claimed I should just buy 2 soldigital bulbs & the sunmaster hps bulbs were somehow no good.

I bought 2 Lumatek 1000 watt ballast replacement & the bulbs fired up straight away as youde expect.

I had to replace the adjusta watt ballasts in the past because they died twice, but the grow shop I bought from as since closed down "hydro2grow" so im out of pocket now.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bucket For This Useful Post:

AND (26-04-19), GEORGE (26-04-19), happyjack (26-04-19), M_C (26-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,434 Times
    Provided Answers: 4

Sucks when you spend good money a the company leaves ya hanging. Glad you have posted your experience as i will avoid this company. There are many suppliers and customer service is what separates them as most components are created equally, just marketed differently.
    Some are even designed to fail or become obsolete.
    Letting companies know your disappointment and even sending screenshots, of there bad press can get them to rethink there decision. To me its not about the money. Unless the supplier can show you in writing why the ballast wont run new bulbs they should warranty them. Brand has nothing to do with output of a ballast.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 420Rancher For This Useful Post:

AND (26-04-19), Bucket (27-04-19), GEORGE (26-04-19), happyjack (26-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times
    Provided Answers: 29

Just a thought but have you still got both the old & new Sunmaster bulbs ?...if so take a look at the end caps on old & new, especially the soldered bit...are they the same or does the new one have less solder ?

Reason for asking is, I've noticed on a lot of commercial bulbs recently, the end cap has less solder meaning a less pronounced cap...this is more noticeable when you have screwed it in and it does not make contact with the copper leaf in the fitting hence no worky light...

If this is the case, unplug your light fitting from the ballast and very slightly pull the copper leaf upwards with a pair of pliers or similar, then try your bulbs again...

Is only reason I can see for new ones not working but old ones do still...

And yeah I understand you've now bought new ballasts...so I apologise now if this works

If it doesn't then...well, you have new ballasts now

21. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

British green (26-04-19), Bucket (27-04-19), GEORGE (26-04-19), Greengrass (26-04-19), happyjack (26-04-19), M_C (26-04-19), Subterranean Man (26-04-19)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast