Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Auto flowering tips

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 12,286 Times

Default Auto flowering tips

For my next run I want to try Autoflowers.

I have a 2.4m x 1.2m flowering tent with two 1m parabolics but firstly I’m gonna start 8 autos in my 1.2m x 1.2m veg tent with euro wing.

Pretty much decided on Forgotten cookies by Mephisto.

Hopefully some talkers can help me out as I’m bit confused on what lighting to use ?

I am gonna go 18/6 all the way through I think but can I use 400w dual spec all the way through or would you use 250w MH firstly for say a few weeks then change to 400w or would it be better to go 600w ?

GROW DIARY LINKS:

When I mentored LewisR >>>
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...red-by-Squaggy

Squaggy does Coco. (Mentored by Bud Lightyear) >> https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...Bud-Lightyear)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Squaggy For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-04-19)

Starcodex Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Squaggy View Post
    For my next run I want to try Autoflowers.

I have a 2.4m x 1.2m flowering tent with two 1m parabolics but firstly I’m gonna start 8 autos in my 1.2m x 1.2m veg tent with euro wing.

Pretty much decided on Forgotten cookies by Mephisto.

Hopefully some talkers can help me out as I’m bit confused on what lighting to use ?

I am gonna go 18/6 all the way through I think but can I use 400w dual spec all the way through or would you use 250w MH firstly for say a few weeks then change to 400w or would it be better to go 600w ?
    Good morning squaggy.

While I'm still learning I dont think I've much to offer in terms of advice.

But

For auto's I'd say you are better off with 20/4 or 24/0. I've done all my previous 3 auto grows on 18/6 mainly just to try and save on electricity although albeit my yield would of been greater with more light hours.

As for lighting. Like you said 250 first to be on the safe side. Or a few CFL's or a T5 unit.... don't think it's worth using a highend HID for the first few week's. You don't want to encourage stretch or run into any other problems.... Probably a waste of electric too.. then after your ladies are established 600watts should be killer.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Starcodex For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-04-19), Kurdt (19-04-19), Squaggy (19-04-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Starcodex View Post
    Good morning squaggy.

While I'm still learning I dont think I've much to offer in terms of advice.

But

For auto's I'd say you are better off with 20/4 or 24/0. I've done all my previous 3 auto grows on 18/6 mainly just to try and save on electricity although albeit my yield would of been greater with more light hours.

As for lighting. Like you said 250 first to be on the safe side. Or a few CFL's or a T5 unit.... don't think it's worth using a highend HID for the first few week's. You don't want to encourage stretch or run into any other problems.... Probably a waste of electric too.. then after your ladies are established 600watts should be killer.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    I think if you’ve done 3 auto runs you have plenty to offer advice wise.

You would do 20/4 light schedule wow that is gonna be tricky during British summer time but if that’s what you reckon.

So 250 MH then straight onto 600w sounds like a good plan.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Squaggy For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,614 Times

Definitely second the 20/4 or even 24hrs cycle for auto's, i did 18/6 on my first few grows and the yields were no way near as big,(but then i do use LED.)

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kurdt For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-04-19), millwall115 (19-04-19), Squaggy (19-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 52,398 Times

Iv had mine on 24/0 for over a year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BB For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-04-19), millwall115 (19-04-19), M_C (19-04-19), Squaggy (19-04-19), WhIpLaSh (19-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,141 Times

My last autos I had on 24/0. Also I started on the MH then went to HPS. I pulled 4 oz a plant.

Please check out my diary.

Millwall Does G13 Gigabud under QB’s using Biotabs
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...8&share_type=t

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to millwall115 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-04-19), Squaggy (19-04-19)

Thanks

4 oz a plant would be great.

20/4 sounds good to me I believe any living thing needs some sleep lol.

What about this whole thing of starting them in their final pot do you soak the medium first thoroughly throughout the pot or just the area where the seed is ? Was thinking about going for 17L fabric pots ?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Squaggy For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-04-19), millwall115 (19-04-19)

Thanks

4 oz a plant would be great.

20/4 sounds good to me I believe any living thing needs some sleep lol.

What about this whole thing of starting them in their final pot do you soak the medium first thoroughly throughout the pot or just the area where the seed is ? Was thinking about going for 17L fabric pots ?
    24/0 helps me to control my environment better.
    As for soaking the medium, I’ve tried both soaking before and going straight into the medium. And I don’t really see any difference. I think I prefer straight from the bag as there is no risk of over watering. Usually I go straight out of the bag as the medium is moist and then just use a spray bottle a keep moist but not to wet until the plant starts growing.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to millwall115 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-04-19), Greengrass (19-04-19), Sir Digby Chicken Caesar (30-01-21), Squaggy (19-04-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by millwall115 View Post
    24/0 helps me to control my environment better.
    As for soaking the medium, I’ve tried both soaking before and going straight into the medium. And I don’t really see any difference. I think I prefer straight from the bag as there is no risk of over watering. Usually I go straight out of the bag as the medium is moist and then just use a spray bottle a keep moist but not to wet until the plant starts growing.

That’s a good point about control of environment as I read that autos are very fussy so I don’t wanna mess up.

So ok that sounds good just water the area where seed is with water and Rhizo initially then

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Squaggy For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-04-19), millwall115 (19-04-19)

Thanks

That’s a good point about control of environment as I read that autos are very fussy so I don’t wanna mess up.

So ok that sounds good just water the area where seed is with water and Rhizo initially then
    I just give plain water for the first couple of days then add rhizo at 2ml per litre then after a couple of weeks start adding silicon at 0.5ml per litre. What medium you planning on using?

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to millwall115 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-04-19), Squaggy (19-04-19)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast