Thread: Going from 2mx2m 1200w hps to 1mx2m led?

Thanks

Default Going from 2mx2m 1200w hps to 1mx2m led?

Hello chaps, downsizing my tent and looking to change over to led for less heat, been doing lots of searching but all the best reviewed models dont seem to be available in the uk market yet. I dont mind spending for a good unit/return just dont want to throw money down the pan and buy some chinese crap with a good marketing team.

Currently run 2 x 600w hps parabolics in a 2x2m tent for 4 photos, but am looking to change to a 1mx2m tent and have 8 autos. Now in theory id only need one light but looking at most the leds they seem to just about cover 1m if im not mistaken so would be looking for 2 decent units to match/not be far off what i used to run.

I dont mind abit of DIY so if anyone has any solid info on self builds it would be a great help. Cheers chaps

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kilo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (22-04-19), greenster2.0 (22-04-19), Valentina (27-05-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kilo View Post
    Hello chaps, downsizing my tent and looking to change over to led for less heat, been doing lots of searching but all the best reviewed models dont seem to be available in the uk market yet. I dont mind spending for a good unit/return just dont want to throw money down the pan and buy some chinese crap with a good marketing team.

Currently run 2 x 600w hps parabolics in a 2x2m tent for 4 photos, but am looking to change to a 1mx2m tent and have 8 autos. Now in theory id only need one light but looking at most the leds they seem to just about cover 1m if im not mistaken so would be looking for 2 decent units to match/not be far off what i used to run.

I dont mind abit of DIY so if anyone has any solid info on self builds it would be a great help. Cheers chaps
    I'd go with viparspectra they are a trusted brand have both veg an bloom switch has some fans inside the light,I've got a large go space an I'm running 3 leds 1 600 viper 450 viper an 600 Mars hydro an my temps are about 28 to 30 lights on,slot cheaper on electric aswel, if your wanting some cheaper one as they do cost a bomb I'd suggest going on Ebay an looking at bids ,I've had a few steals on there goodluck pal

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to greenster2.0 For This Useful Post:

kilo (23-04-19)

5. Default

Hi Kilo, well there is a company on this forum that has some great LED's .. many on here are extremely happy with them so far and will be my personal choice when I save up enough to purchase one.

They are called Invisible Sun and here is a link to their section on our forum - Clicky

There are many here now using these LEDs and the results being shown in grow journals such as this one by gardro - Clicky

Gardro also happens to be knowledgable regarding LEDs and all things lighting..has helped many on here with very good advice, so I'm certain he will help you with any questions you may have, he's a very cool dude

Good luck with your research!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Easy-T (22-04-19), gardro (23-04-19), kilo (23-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 58,129 Times

Have a look at invisible sun they are sponsors on here, quite a few diary's as well on here all having good results

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

"Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet."

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Easy-T For This Useful Post:

gardro (23-04-19), IceCalibur (22-04-19), kilo (23-04-19)

Thanks

Cheers chaps, just had a look at there site and looks spot on, shame 99% of the items are out of stock haha