Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Banana peel fertilizer anyone?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,866 Times

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (29-04-19), GasMan (29-04-19), Gaz (30-04-19), GEORGE (29-04-19), IceCalibur (29-04-19), M_C (29-04-19), redisiel (29-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

Quote Originally Posted by sourshoes View Post
    This shows the diastatic power of all yhe common brewing malts.

Sent from space
    Much appreciated mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Lightyear View Post
    Old school rose growers would chuck a banana or two in the planting hole....Just a bit of info I picked up along my horticulture journey

Regards BL
    I’m sure it was British Green that said to me the the other day his grandparents used to do this exact same thing!
    Redz
    NO-TILL Gardening with REDZ

REDZ BUILDS LIVING SOIL!!!

Redz & Ironjustice Do super lemon haze in rdwc for GWP

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...n-rdwc-for-GPW(COMPLETE)
    LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

British green (30-04-19), Gaz (30-04-19), GEORGE (30-04-19), IceCalibur (29-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,792 Times

could you put the banana skins in tinfoil ... pop them in the oven till totally dry then blitz them up to a powder in a blender ... then simply add a teaspoonfull or so in each plantpot of soil ?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to budfarmer For This Useful Post:

Gaz (30-04-19), GEORGE (30-04-19)

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by budfarmer View Post
    could you put the banana skins in tinfoil ... pop them in the oven till totally dry then blitz them up to a powder in a blender ... then simply add a teaspoonfull or so in each plantpot of soil ?
    Absolutely you can budfarmer, I've personally over the years always sun dried mine then used a mortar & pestle to grind them up and used them for my roses and tomatoes..I also know you can use the oven to quick dry them too

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Gaz (30-04-19), GEORGE (30-04-19)

9. Default

I remember mentioning it to Macky a little while back - Clicky

I use a tablespoon in every 5 litres, also good for magnesium

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Gaz (30-04-19), GEORGE (30-04-19), redisiel (30-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 62,510 Times

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    Absolutely you can budfarmer, I've personally over the years always sun dried mine then used a mortar & pestle to grind them up and used them for my roses and tomatoes..I also know you can use the oven to quick dry them too
    Awesome I will try that too, I found several blogs and vids with this method so thought it would be a nice little bit of fun.

No different to drinking a fruit juice, still plenty of vits and sugars in it

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-04-19), IceCalibur (30-04-19), redisiel (30-04-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Lightyear View Post
    Old school rose growers would chuck a banana or two in the planting hole....Just a bit of info I picked up along my horticulture journey

Regards BL
    Thats wicked Bud thanks for this lol all fascinating and alot of fun IMO

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

British green (30-04-19), GEORGE (30-04-19), IceCalibur (30-04-19), redisiel (30-04-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

Quote Originally Posted by redisiel View Post
    Much appreciated mate.

I’m sure it was British Green that said to me the the other day his grandparents used to do this exact same thing!
    Redz
    My grandmother would grow tomato plants out of old marrows . The would cut a plug out of the marrow plant the tomato in the plug hole and then plant the hole marrow into the ground. We had a constant supply of tomatoes they would also have a large barrel with a hessian sack hanging in it and dump horse manure in the bag and and let it stew in the water and feed everything in the garden with the water. I suppose some form of tea

in a green and pleasant land

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

Gaz (30-04-19), GEORGE (30-04-19), IceCalibur (30-04-19), redisiel (30-04-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by British green View Post
    My grandmother would grow tomato plants out of old marrows . The would cut a plug out of the marrow plant the tomato in the plug hole and then plant the hole marrow into the ground. We had a constant supply of tomatoes they would also have a large barrel with a hessian sack hanging in it and dump horse manure in the bag and and let it stew in the water and feed everything in the garden with the water. I suppose some form of tea

in a green and pleasant land
    Fantastic

We have lost alot of this kind of stuff I think, fabulous that some of this info is still around

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

British green (30-04-19), GEORGE (30-04-19), IceCalibur (30-04-19), redisiel (30-04-19)

19. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    Awesome I will try that too, I found several blogs and vids with this method so thought it would be a nice little bit of fun.

No different to drinking a fruit juice, still plenty of vits and sugars in it
    Absolutely Gaz mate..this method you're doing now looks great too, I'm gonna give it a go with my roses this year, see how they go

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

British green (30-04-19), Gaz (30-04-19), GEORGE (30-04-19)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast