Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Which budget light?

Thanks

Default Which budget light?

Good Afternoon / Morning depending on where you are.

So just a quick one really, I had to sell my baby (GN Telos 008) and will most definitely aim to purchase another one as soon as I can (amazing lights) but in the mean time I am looking for a suitable replacement my budget is probably no more than about £300 and atm I looking at a few options.

Options being MarsHydro TC 1000 apparently replaced a 250 HID/MH. But would buy two possibly 3 depending on space.

Spec

Coverage: 3'X3'

Max Yield: 2.0g/watt

PPFD: 552 µmol/m²s

Replace HID/MH: 250w

Draw Power: 150 W±5%@AC120V 148W±5%@AC240V

Free shipping total £197 and that's for two of them

Could possibly do 3 lights for that price.

Other choice is again Mars Hydro.

Mars Eco 600

Coverage: Core Coverage: 2ft*3ft; Max Coverage: 3.5ft*5.5ft

Max Yield: 1.2g/watt

PPFD: 660

Replace HID/MH: 250W

Draw Power:235W±5%@AC120V 232W±5%@AC240V

Again could get two of those for £227.

VIPARSPECTRA 600W Dimmable.

Replaces a 600 watt HPS/MH
    - Use for all stages of plant growth
    - Vegetative Coverage at 32" Height: 3x3ft
    - Flowering Coverage at 22" Height: 2.5x2.5ft
    - Avg. Power Draw: 260W±3%
    - (120pcs) High Intensity 5Watt Bridgelux/Epileds LED Chips
    - LEDs Angle: 90°
    - Input Voltage: AC100-240V
    - Frequency: 50-60Hz
    - Lifespan: 100,000 hours

Would get one possibly two.
    They are £179 each. They also do a 1200w TC version (Timer) for £399

Replaces a 1000W HPS/MH
    - Dimensions: 25.4x16.5x3 inches
    - Item Weight: 23 lbs
    - Vegetative Coverage at 32": 4.5x4.5ft
    - Flowering Coverage at 24": 3.5x3.5ft
    - Avg. Power Draw: 530W±3%
    - (240pcs) High Intensity 5W Bridgelux/Epileds LED Chips

Or can get the basic 900w.

I can possibly wait a few weeks to spend a little more and get like the TC 1200 (1200) is available without timer at £339. I can wait get something on cheaper side and start growing within the next week or so..

Some extra info my tent is 120x120x200 and I will be looking to grow in a Wilma 4 Pot system (Possibly might mod into DWC System.

Other option would be to find some nice cobs at a decent price as I see even when you do four of the same strain your often get different phenos an d plants growing at different rates and heights and with COB I could adjust for height for each plant.

Really like to hear from people that have used any of these lights and if they have and have pics and or journals please point me in their direction. My first ever grows where 600w HPS then moved to 240w Telos 008 and looking to get somewhere in between, of course the more (Actual Wattage) the better but not at the cost of quality product.

I really like the look of the MarsHydro Pro II with Cree lights but not sure I can stretch at this time.

Any advice would be great, a couple of other brands I have looked at are

KINGBO, MEIZHI and

DERLIGHTS 3000w (600 Actual) £299 4x4 coverage.

Few pics

Thanks for reading, if this has been posted in the wrong area then please do correct that.

KeepItLit 420 enthusiasts.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HaZyLaZy For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-05-19), WhIpLaSh (03-05-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 28,825 Times

Quote Originally Posted by HaZyLaZy View Post
    Good Afternoon / Morning depending on where you are.

So just a quick one really, I had to sell my baby (GN Telos 008) and will most definitely aim to purchase another one as soon as I can (amazing lights) but in the mean time I am looking for a suitable replacement my budget is probably no more than about £300 and atm I looking at a few options.

Options being MarsHydro TC 1000 apparently replaced a 250 HID/MH. But would buy two possibly 3 depending on space.

Spec

Coverage: 3'X3'

Max Yield: 2.0g/watt

PPFD: 552 µmol/m²s

Replace HID/MH: 250w

Draw Power: 150 W±5%@AC120V 148W±5%@AC240V

Free shipping total £197 and that's for two of them

Could possibly do 3 lights for that price.

Other choice is again Mars Hydro.

Mars Eco 600

Coverage: Core Coverage: 2ft*3ft; Max Coverage: 3.5ft*5.5ft

Max Yield: 1.2g/watt

PPFD: 660

Replace HID/MH: 250W

Draw Power:235W±5%@AC120V 232W±5%@AC240V

Again could get two of those for £227.

VIPARSPECTRA 600W Dimmable.

Replaces a 600 watt HPS/MH
    - Vegetative Coverage at 32" Height: 3x3ft
    - Flowering Coverage at 22" Height: 2.5x2.5ft
    - Avg. Power Draw: 260W±3%
    - (120pcs) High Intensity 5Watt Bridgelux/Epileds LED Chips

Would get one possibly two.
    They are £179 each. They also do a 1200w TC version (Timer) for £399

Replaces a 1000W HPS/MH
    - Dimensions: 25.4x16.5x3 inches
    - Item Weight: 23 lbs
    - Vegetative Coverage at 32": 4.5x4.5ft
    - Flowering Coverage at 24": 3.5x3.5ft
    - Avg. Power Draw: 530W±3%
    - (240pcs) High Intensity 5W Bridgelux/Epileds LED Chips

Or can get the basic 900w.

I can possibly wait a few weeks to spend a little more and get like the TC 1200 (1200) is available without timer at £339. I can wait get something on cheaper side and start growing within the next week or so..

Some extra info my tent is 120x120x200 and I will be looking to grow in a Wilma 4 Pot system (Possibly might mod into DWC System.

Other option would be to find some nice cobs at a decent price as I see even when you do four of the same strain your often get different phenos an d plants growing at different rates and heights and with COB I could adjust for height for each plant.

Really like to hear from people that have used any of these lights and if they have and have pics and or journals please point me in their direction. My first ever grows where 600w HPS then moved to 240w Telos 008 and looking to get somewhere in between, of course the more (Actual Wattage) the better but not at the cost of quality product.

I really like the look of the MarsHydro Pro II with Cree lights but not sure I can stretch at this time.

Any advice would be great, a couple of other brands I have looked at are

KINGBO, MEIZHI and

DERLIGHTS 3000w (600 Actual) £299 4x4 coverage.

Few pics

Thanks for reading, if this has been posted in the wrong area then please do correct that.

KeepItLit 420 enthusiasts.

Hi mate,

Before you go down that route, I'd suggest you check out Invisible Sun, one of our site sponsors. They have a dedicated section here: https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-Invisible_Sun or email them at (enquiry(at)invisiblesunled.co.uk. Rich is super helpful.

Good luck

--------------------------------------------------

RDWC diary under IS quantum boards (mentored by British green) https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...British-green)

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to WhIpLaSh For This Useful Post:

Benson123 (05-05-19), GEORGE (03-05-19), HaZyLaZy (03-05-19), IceCalibur (03-05-19), Valentina (03-05-19)

Thanks

Yep just been recommended to them, but atm I can only go for two of the ISH 150 pros apparently one replaces 300hid so two should do job, also as member of AFN forum can get a 10% discount which is a bonus.

Thanks for the links will be looking into this over the weekend with a few to making a purchase.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HaZyLaZy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Yep just been recommended to them, but atm I can only go for two of the ISH 150 pros apparently one replaces 300hid so two should do job, also as member of AFN forum can get a 10% discount which is a bonus.

Thanks for the links will be looking into this over the weekend with a few to making a purchase.

You get a 10% discount here too btw...good luck...also the claims of the Mars Hydro/Kingbo etc lights being equivalent to X amount of HID watts is all nonsense....you'd inevitably have to buy more than one of them too

RDWC diary under IS quantum boards (mentored by British green) https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...British-green)

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhIpLaSh For This Useful Post:

Benson123 (05-05-19), GEORGE (03-05-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WhIpLaSh View Post
    You get a 10% discount here too btw...good luck...also the claims of the Mars Hydro/Kingbo etc lights being equivalent to X amount of HID watts is all nonsense....you'd inevitably have to buy more than one of them too

Yea I know not to believe the claims of company's like Mars n Vipar. Learnt that from advice upon picking up my GN. Good you can get that discount here also, I think I will be spending more time over here eventually as I am thinking of giving some photos a go, now that I have 6 months in between inspections, but would have to be quick growers I guess, is six months adequate time for photos??

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HaZyLaZy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Yea I know not to believe the claims of company's like Mars n Vipar. Learnt that from advice upon picking up my GN. Good you can get that discount here also, I think I will be spending more time over here eventually as I am thinking of giving some photos a go, now that I have 6 months in between inspections, but would have to be quick growers I guess, is six months adequate time for photos??

Hahaha I'm the wrong one to be asking. I've been vegging my photos for about 6 years

6 months is plenty time, mate. Provided you dont veg them too long...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to WhIpLaSh For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-05-19)

Thanks

Hahaha I'm the wrong one to be asking. I've been vegging my photos for about 6 years

6 months is plenty time, mate. Provided you dont veg them too long...

Yea I have seen some crazy veg times, and then those turn into fucking trees, I was like wft some guy had his girl in veg four years and think was like the size of my maple tree in my old garden, trunks and buds size of American footballs (Thsts the dream) lol

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HaZyLaZy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Cool yea I was think like 6-8 weeks veg, be different when I have even more privacy, I'm just going to do some quick Autos that will then hopefully get me thru a photo grow.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HaZyLaZy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Cool yea I was think like 6-8 weeks veg, be different when I have even more privacy, I'm just going to do some quick Autos that will then hopefully get me thru a photo grow.

You'll get a grow and cure done comfortably in 6 months, bro. Easy.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhIpLaSh For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-05-19), Valentina (03-05-19)

Thanks

You'll get a grow and cure done comfortably in 6 months, bro. Easy.

Nice one, that's good to hear... Thought didn't cross my mind initially and then I saw some journals and their veg and flower times and was like, yea man I can do that, I'm very keen to start (Even tho I'm a new ish grower) to start producing my own strain and cloning etc. I could easily hide a mother plant from inspection people. I got a few strains I am keen to cross.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HaZyLaZy For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast