Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Recommend me a security system

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,392 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Lightyear View Post
    I have Hikvison HD DVR system 8 channel 1tb hard drive with 5 cameras 1 X PTZ, 1 X PT, 3 X static HD's....All hard wired with loads of features like, motion, cloud upload, people counting, remote view and playback via the app or PC ect...Good system, I installed it 5 years back and its never let me down, cost around £600 but the PTZ was expensive...I got mine all separate rather than by a kit that way you can customize to your own needs with the best quality stuff..So I got the DVR box, 1tb surveillance hard drive, cat 5E cable and BNC fittings, Power pack (12v DC Transformer) and cameras...The picture quality is spot on even the inferred at night..

Regards BL
    Sounds a decent system BL

Ptz are always a bit more expensive eh. We use a lot of RS2323 control and switching gear for PTZ cameras for Integration jobs we knock out.

Not done many CCTV jobs recently as there’s not a lot on them unless it’s over 3O ish cameras.

As MC n AND said earlier the Chubb ones could be the simplest solution for VAL, again depends on what you ultimately want to spend eh

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Subterranean Man For This Useful Post:

AND (05-05-19), Bud Lightyear (05-05-19), GEORGE (05-05-19), M_C (05-05-19), Valentina (07-05-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,218 Times

Quote Originally Posted by AND View Post
    If you want to go IP cameras, use software called ISpy (on a dedicated PC) doesn't have to be upto date top of the range PC either, a celeron 800mhz runs it fine, works with 99% of retail cameras and can be made to work with the rest, much cheaper than cloud storage as a seperate thing

I have 5 IP POE cameras on my house, running on ISpy, cat 5E cable to each, no worries about seperate PSU for cameras
    Ethernet cables, exactly. Why don't people use them more? Thanks, AND. That is the closest to what I have in mind in terms of powering the cameras and distance and position tweaking. Gonna look at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean Man View Post
    Sounds a decent system BL

Ptz are always a bit more expensive eh. We use a lot of RS2323 control and switching gear for PTZ cameras for Integration jobs we knock out.

Not done many CCTV jobs recently as there’s not a lot on them unless it’s over 3O ish cameras.

As MC n AND said earlier the Chubb ones could be the simplest solution for VAL, again depends on what you ultimately want to spend eh
    SubT your suggestion is great but also way above my head at the moment. Gonna need to really read up on what's what as I am not vaguely fluent in that level of tech speak. My folks are understandably concerned and for that, so am I.

Thank you every for your input and sharing your experiences. It has really helped.
    One Love, and Mon The Talk!
    The Six L Rule: No Smell, No Tell, No Sell,
    And mind those deci-BELS

May we all cross the line safe and sound, time after time, everytime.

FORUM RULES

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-05-19), M_C (08-05-19), Subterranean Man (11-05-19)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2