Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What's wrong with my plants? :(

Thanks

Default What's wrong with my plants? :(

Hi, I'm a first time grower still. Iv made a post on here when my plants were a lot smaller and the advice I got really perked them up so here I am with my next issue.

Plants are 5 weeks old from seed tomorow.
    600w hps light on 18/6
    Ph of 5.8 on every feed.
    Since my last post I have bought a EC meter and am following a ppm chart so at the minute I'm going for about 500ppm which is about 10ml of A and 10ml of B per 5l of water. (Canna hornet a+b)
    Iv been watering every day to roughly 20% run off

After my previous post it turned out I was under watering and when fixed the plants were thriving and even praying for a period of time every day.

Then I topped them all (fimmed one lol) and training them by bending all the branches out the way, couple days later they were growing fast again but all the leaves are looking saggy/droopy.

Oh and iv just topped them again which is the second and last time.

Any ideas?
    Any help is appreciated
    Thanks
    Jack
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190506_104908.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	103.8 KB 
ID:	372038   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190506_104902.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	109.7 KB 
ID:	372039   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190506_104858.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	107.4 KB 
ID:	372040  
    Last edited by JackCrop; 06-05-19 at 11:22 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JackCrop For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (06-05-19), GEORGE (06-05-19)

Thanks

Oh and temps are a steady 28C lights on and 22C lights off.
    I have a heater bar on a thermostat plug socket and fan controllers for my 6'exhaust and 4'intake.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JackCrop For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

Quote Originally Posted by JackCrop View Post
    Since my last post I have bought a EC meter and am following a ppm chart so at the minute I'm going for about 500ppm
    PPM & EC are two different measurements. Which PPM scale are you using?
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (06-05-19), GEORGE (06-05-19), JackCrop (06-05-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    PPM & EC are two different measurements. Which PPM scale are you using?
    Hmm, you can tell I'm new to this Haha.
    I bought it to check the ppm as I thought that's the important bit?
    This is the chart I'm following

Seedlings: 100-250 (nutrients aren’t really needed here, hence there’s not a lot of particles needed)

First Half of Vegging Cycle: 300-400 (this is usually after you transplant, which still doesn’t require many nutrients)

Second Half of Vegging: 450-700 (you’ll start giving your plants more nutrients at this stage)

First Half of Flowering: 750-950 (your plants will be eating more as they grow, so they’ll be taking in more nutrients)

Second Half of Flowering: 1000-1600(this is when your plant’s eating the most, especially if you give it additives)

End of Flower, Entering Harvest: As close to 0 as possible (this is when you’ll be flushing your plants, so you don’t want there to be a lot of particles left over)

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JackCrop For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

The whole chart you are using is meaningless without knowing the PPM scale being used...

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    The whole chart you are using is meaningless without knowing the PPM scale being used...
    Forgive my dumbness but what do you mean the PPM scale?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JackCrop For This Useful Post:

Thanks

This is the spec from the tds/ec meter

Measuring Range:
    TDS: 0 to 9999 ppm (parts per million)
    Conductivity: 0 to 9990 µs/cm
    Degrees Celsius: 0.1 to 80.0 degree
    Fahrenheit: 32.0 to 176.0 Fahrenheit
    Accuracy: +/-2% F.S
    Size: 6.06in * 1.18in * 0.59in
    Color: White

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JackCrop For This Useful Post:

Thanks

looks like overwatering

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to justintimeshepard For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (06-05-19), Corneu (06-05-19), GEORGE (06-05-19), JackCrop (06-05-19), SmokezAlot (07-09-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,767 Times

Quote Originally Posted by justintimeshepard View Post
    looks like overwatering
    I agree with Justin, it does look like overwatering to me as well. In pots that big (plastic pots no less), with plants that size, you should be watering like every 3-5 days.. Every other day tops.

As a general rule of thumb, you want to let your plants dry out until the top inch of soil is dried out. I just stick my finger in up to my first knuckle and wiggle it around. If it's cool/damp, it's too wet to water.

Hopefully that makes sense.

And just to clear things up a tad. So ppm scale lol. Ppm is measured 2 ways Ppm @0.5 & ppm @0.7. I have no idea why they have 2 ways of measuring this, all I know is you get significantly different readings between the two.
    On my meter I can switch between scales, it shows up as ppm500 on the bottom my bluelab pen screen, and on my old one it showed up as 0.5 or 0.7 on the bottom of the screen. So just find out what yours measures otherwise the numbers are meaningless to us.

But your plants seem to be responding well to your current nutrient program, so don't worry too much

Sent from my G8343 using Tapatalk

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Corneu For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Corneu View Post
    I agree with Justin, it does look like overwatering to me as well. In pots that big (plastic pots no less), with plants that size, you should be watering like every 3-5 days.. Every other day tops.

As a general rule of thumb, you want to let your plants dry out until the top inch of soil is dried out. I just stick my finger in up to my first knuckle and wiggle it around. If it's cool/damp, it's too wet to water.

Hopefully that makes sense.

And just to clear things up a tad. So ppm scale lol. Ppm is measured 2 ways Ppm @0.5 & ppm @0.7. I have no idea why they have 2 ways of measuring this, all I know is you get significantly different readings between the two.
    On my meter I can switch between scales, it shows up as ppm500 on the bottom my bluelab pen screen, and on my old one it showed up as 0.5 or 0.7 on the bottom of the screen. So just find out what yours measures otherwise the numbers are meaningless to us.

But your plants seem to be responding well to your current nutrient program, so don't worry too much

Sent from my G8343 using Tapatalk
    I forgot to mention, the medium is coco. Not sure what differences, if any, that makes.
    But thanks for your advice ! I'm gonna miss the feed today and check tomorow.

Ppm, right ok that's a tad confusing lol il see if my meter has anything on it when I go up there later (in the attic) I only have a cheap meter so wouldn't surprise me if it was just 1 scale and not tell me which one Haha. Is it 0.5 or 0.7 which every one uses ?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to JackCrop For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (06-05-19)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast