Thread: Light Leaks during veg

Thanks

Default Light Leaks during veg

Hi all,

I'm five weeks into my first photoperiod grow. The room the tent is in has blacked out windows but a small amount of light does get in around the door when the hall light is on and must get into the tent via a floor level rigid intake pipe (because when the LED is on light comes out of the pipe) and stupidly twice during the last week I have gone into the room turned the ceiling light on and opened the velcro window to have a look before I realised the timer had already turned the light off at the end of the eighteen hours.

I have had it in mind to sort the door frame out and change to a flexible intake pipe before switching to flowering, but I had not been concerned whilst the plants are in veg. However I have seen posts on forums that contradict the belief that leaks don't matter in veg as some people veg under 20 or 24 hours of light.

Has anyone got a take on this, and what might the risks be of problems ie hermies down the line.

Thanks a lot
    Regards

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to OrganicViper For This Useful Post:

G' (08-05-19), Gaz (07-05-19), GEORGE (07-05-19), UpInSmoke1990 (07-05-19), WhIpLaSh (07-05-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 28,825 Times

Quote Originally Posted by OrganicViper View Post
    Hi all,

I'm five weeks into my first photoperiod grow. The room the tent is in has blacked out windows but a small amount of light does get in around the door when the hall light is on and must get into the tent via a floor level rigid intake pipe (because when the LED is on light comes out of the pipe) and stupidly twice during the last week I have gone into the room turned the ceiling light on and opened the velcro window to have a look before I realised the timer had already turned the light off at the end of the eighteen hours.

I have had it in mind to sort the door frame out and change to a flexible intake pipe before switching to flowering, but I had not been concerned whilst the plants are in veg. However I have seen posts on forums that contradict the belief that leaks don't matter in veg as some people veg under 20 or 24 hours of light.

Has anyone got a take on this, and what might the risks be of problems ie hermies down the line.

Thanks a lot
    Regards
    I try and avoid all light leaks if I can but I think you'll get away with it fine in veg. Flowering is the real danger period.

This is my personal experience, someone may come along and call bullshit shortly

--------------------------------------------------

RDWC diary under IS quantum boards (mentored by British green) https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...British-green)

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WhIpLaSh For This Useful Post:

G' (08-05-19), Gaz (07-05-19), GEORGE (07-05-19), IceCalibur (07-05-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WhIpLaSh View Post
    I try and avoid all light leaks if I can but I think you'll get away with it fine in veg. Flowering is the real danger period.

This is my personal experience, someone may come along and call bullshit shortly

RDWC diary under IS quantum boards (mentored by British green) https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...British-green)
    Thanks, I hope you are correct, I will definately be in floods of tears if I've ballsed it up.
    Regards

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to OrganicViper For This Useful Post:

G' (08-05-19), Gaz (07-05-19), GEORGE (07-05-19), WhIpLaSh (07-05-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 28,825 Times

Quote Originally Posted by OrganicViper View Post
    Thanks, I hope you are correct, I will definately be in floods of tears if I've ballsed it up.
    Regards
    I think it has to be quite a consistent light interruption to stress the plant's hormones to hermie. The odd mistake should hopefully go unpunished. Erring on the side of caution is the best policy, I reckon

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WhIpLaSh For This Useful Post:

Dr Green (07-05-19), G' (08-05-19), Gaz (07-05-19), GEORGE (07-05-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,460 Times

Personal I think it is A waist of time. While you are waiting for A few buds to mature more, you could be into veg with another plant. JMO

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

G' (08-05-19), Gaz (07-05-19), IceCalibur (07-05-19), OrganicViper (07-05-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,620 Times

As already said i think the leak would have to be persistent over a long period of time, sounds like you should be ok to me brother, all the best mate, G'.
    FIGHTING FOR PEACE IS LIKE FU#@ING FOR VIRGINITY

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to G' For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-05-19), IceCalibur (08-05-19), OrganicViper (08-05-19)