Thread: Quantum Board LED wiring.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 25,492 Times

Lightbulb Quantum Board LED wiring.

Hola

Looking for some help please.

My current setup is -

HLG Quantum board 260w QB288 V2 (3000K) with a Meanwell HLG-240H-C2100A driver

Folux Quantum board 240w QB288 V2 (3500K) with a Meanwell HLG-240H-48B driver and standalone dimmer.

My questions are -

1) Is it possible to wire all 4 of the quantum boards into one big light and run from one of the drivers? Or would I require a beefier driver?

2) Does it make a difference that 2 of the boards are 260w and 2 are 240w?

3) Would it require parallel or series wiring?

Thank you in advance for any help you may provide.

Mac Knowledge is power

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mac For This Useful Post:

gardro (11-05-19), GEORGE (11-05-19), Sir Digby Chicken Caesar (30-01-20), vividled (07-01-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Maccajuana View Post
    Hola

Looking for some help please.

My current setup is -

HLG Quantum board 260w QB288 V2 (3000K) with a Meanwell HLG-240H-C2100A driver

Folux Quantum board 240w QB288 V2 (3500K) with a Meanwell HLG-240H-48B driver and standalone dimmer.

My questions are -

1) Is it possible to wire all 4 of the quantum boards into one big light and run from one of the drivers? Or would I require a beefier driver?

2) Does it make a difference that 2 of the boards are 260w and 2 are 240w?

3) Would it require parallel or series wiring?

Thank you in advance for any help you may provide.

Mac Knowledge is power
    From the information posted here, i cant tell you if they can be combined, but probably can.

The HLG runs with a constant current driver and the other a constant voltage. That said, they could still be compatible.

You need to see how the leds are arranged on the boards in terms of series parallel strings and go from there

I think hlg is 18s16p so check if the other one is that (16 strings of 18 leds)

You would need a 480w driver to run all of it of course like hlg480c2100.

Cannot comment on the quality of any other "quantum boards" but the HLG quality is the very best.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

AND (11-05-19), GEORGE (07-01-20), LewisR19 (29-01-20), Mac (11-05-19), vividled (07-01-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    From the information posted here, i cant tell you if they can be combined, but probably can.

The HLG runs with a constant current driver and the other a constant voltage. That said, they could still be compatible.

You need to see how the leds are arranged on the boards in terms of series parallel strings and go from there

I think hlg is 18s16p so check if the other one is that (16 strings of 18 leds)

You would need a 480w driver to run all of it of course like hlg480c2100.

Cannot comment on the quality of any other "quantum boards" but the HLG quality is the very best.
    Thank you, The folux has 18s16p too.

Think Ill keep them as is for the time being. Just would have liked one plug and one dimmer for the pair
    Yeah the HLG are top notch, I always recommend them when asked but the Folux was almost half the price and does the job well Heat sink is lower quality but more than capable still.

Appreciate the info and help, I'm no good with electricity volts watts currents , putting the HLG together was about the limit of my skill and i still turned it on with a broom handle in case it blew up hehe

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mac For This Useful Post:

AND (11-05-19), curiouscultivator (26-05-19), gardro (11-05-19), GEORGE (07-01-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Maccajuana View Post
    Thank you, The folux has 18s16p too.

Think Ill keep them as is for the time being. Just would have liked one plug and one dimmer for the pair
    Yeah the HLG are top notch, I always recommend them when asked but the Folux was almost half the price and does the job well Heat sink is lower quality but more than capable still.

Appreciate the info and help, I'm no good with electricity volts watts currents , putting the HLG together was about the limit of my skill and i still turned it on with a broom handle in case it blew up hehe
    You can run several drivers off a single dimmer but they need to be the same.

Good luck with the lights man

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

AND (11-05-19), GEORGE (07-01-20), Mac (11-05-19)

Thanks

Hi so long as they have a similar max current or you dont drive near that and wire in series with a cc driver such as hlg 480 2100a yes you can buddy. But be careful to carry the earth from the driver chasis to both sinks if you do as you'll then be pushing around 220vdc not something you want to have an accident with.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vividled For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-01-20), Mac (29-01-20), Sir Digby Chicken Caesar (30-01-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vividled View Post
    Hi so long as they have a similar max current or you dont drive near that and wire in series with a cc driver such as hlg 480 2100a yes you can buddy. But be careful to carry the earth from the driver chasis to both sinks if you do as you'll then be pushing around 220vdc not something you want to have an accident with.
    Appreciate that fella thank you, decided to leave them seperate in the end.
    After a few months use I have decided to replace the folux, just doesn't keep up with the genuine HLG board. So placed an order with yourselves yesterday for another 260w HLG kit Will keep them separate still due to the gardens footprint being 1.6x0.8, hang them end to end and cover the area with 520w total.
    Possibly use the folux dimmed down for some side lighting

NO SELL, NO SMELL, NO TELL!!!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mac For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-01-20), vividled (05-02-20)

Thanks

No problem at all happy to help buddy. Please keep us all posted how she does for you.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to vividled For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-02-20)