Thread: Recommendations for a AIR COOLING unit

Thanks

Default Recommendations for a AIR COOLING unit

Hi,im looking to buy an AC unit to cool my grow room.Its in a loft so when its hot out it has quite a dramatic effect on the temperature of the room. I have good extraction and intake and everything is spot on just need something that will cool my room down when it gets too hot ? just asking because im not sure how it would effect humidity etc ?? so any suggestions or advice on what kind of air cooling unit would be best suited would be greatly appreciated. maybe chuck some links in to the product too. ive got a budget of around 300 quid but obviously cheaper the better as long as im not sacrificing efficiency ... Cheers chaps

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to browny73 For This Useful Post:

AND (13-05-19), G' (14-05-19), GEORGE (13-05-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

Quote Originally Posted by browny73 View Post
    Hi,im looking to buy an AC unit to cool my grow room.Its in a loft so when its hot out it has quite a dramatic effect on the temperature of the room. I have good extraction and intake and everything is spot on just need something that will cool my room down when it gets too hot ? just asking because im not sure how it would effect humidity etc ?? so any suggestions or advice on what kind of air cooling unit would be best suited would be greatly appreciated. maybe chuck some links in to the product too. ive got a budget of around 300 quid but obviously cheaper the better as long as im not sacrificing efficiency ... Cheers chaps
    No double or treble posts I've deleted two of them for said reason. Anymore and I'll ban you.
    I'm afraid I cannot help you on the aircon .
    I'm sure someone will or look at dirty badgers diary and he's running ac .
    A quick search of the forum and you'll find it easy

in a green and pleasant land

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

AND (13-05-19), browny73 (13-05-19), G' (14-05-19), GEORGE (13-05-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

Try Screwfix if you're UK, they do 2 models by Blyss...you're only going to get a portable with that budget

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

G' (14-05-19), GEORGE (13-05-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

I can tell you that air conditioning really needs to be run in a almost sealed room .
    If not you'll be sucking it out almost as fast as you have made it and warm air will still be coming in .
    The portable units still only work good if you get rid of the hot air it creates while making the cool air

in a green and pleasant land

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Yeah i looked on screwfix, theres 3 blyss ones when ive searched. one of them is only 69.99 but i think it wont be the right kind of air cooler as its just basically a fan that you put cold water in and it blows water cooled air out ?

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to browny73 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

Yeah, don't bother with the cooler, the water warms up real quick and then becomes pointless...that's why I said 2

As BG said though, a byproduct of the cooling is warm air so you would need an exit for that...split units are better for this but unless you can get a guaranteed working unit for £300 or less, they start at around £700

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

G' (14-05-19), GEORGE (13-05-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,620 Times

Was thinking on one of these myself but after reading these comments i'm not gonna bother, cheers guys, G'.
    FIGHTING FOR PEACE IS LIKE FU#@ING FOR VIRGINITY

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to G' For This Useful Post:

AND (14-05-19), GEORGE (14-05-19)