Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I need your expertise.

Thanks

Default I need your expertise.

Hello growers

I am growing cannabis for the first time, I currently have 2 whitewidow autos(second week of veg) and a baby royal cheese auto.

So today while transplanting them from smaller containers into fabric bags I accidentally torn off both whitewidow's roots including tap roots, I'm not sure wether they will survive or not but I have learned my lesson.

I have a bigger problem now, so I'm using a LUCILU E-Ballast LC600 and a 400w HPS bulb, untill today everything was OK but the light started fading and it has dimished drastically the luminosity, so I started Reading forums and I have read alot of people saying that I shouldnt use a 600w ballast with a 400w bulb, and I actually have a 600w bulb but I wasn't using it in hope of saving some energy cost in the end of the month, anyways I HAVE decided i will start using the 600w and I wonder if it will get too hot or if the cost will differ too much from using a 400w.

so my room has sort of a smaller room inside of it, thats the place I have them on, I dont have a tent or a box or a closet, it's just a small room very much like the small room Harry potter lives on the first movie but this litle room is inside my room and it's near a window, I have only 1 fan blowing air, but I do not have any exhaust fans the temperatures are around 32 C 90 F when I had the 400w plugged. I wonder if it's okay just to use the window as a "exhaustion and air entrance ?"

I'm swapping the 400w bulb for the 600w right now and hopefully it wont get too hot. At this point I'm a little scared to keep on going with this "endeavour" I can use all the advice from you successfull growers.

Best regards,

PLANET

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to planet For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (15-05-19), G' (15-05-19), GEORGE (15-05-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by planet View Post

I'm swapping the 400w bulb for the 600w right now and hopefully it wont get too hot. At this point I'm a little scared to keep on going with this "endeavour" I can use all the advice from you successfull growers.

PLANET

Well I think my ballast is damaged or both my bulbs are damaged because I just put this 600w bulb and it's doing the same thing giving the exact diminished light like the 400w bulb turned into today I think I will go back to using the 400w one, they basically have the same reduced luminosity so…
    Last edited by planet; 15-05-19 at 02:48 AM.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to planet For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (15-05-19), G' (15-05-19), GEORGE (15-05-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

Your going to need to exhaust hot/stale air from that room mate and if I was you I would buy a dimmable ballast so you can change the settings, the bulb your running now will just hold you back timewise and in this game every minute matters,
    I generally run about 31 in summer anyway but have plenty air movement also do your lights on through the night this helps too
    Redz
    NO-TILL Gardening with REDZ

REDZ BUILDS LIVING SOIL!!!

Redz & Ironjustice Do super lemon haze in rdwc for GWP

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...n-rdwc-for-GPW(COMPLETE)
    LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (15-05-19), G' (15-05-19), GEORGE (15-05-19), planet (15-05-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,620 Times

First off brother auto's should go straight into final pots they don't take to well to being transplanted and if you've knocked off all the roots from the WWs they will probs be fooked mate, i wouldn't put an HPS over wee plants personally but if that's all you have just make sure you don't get it too close to them and it sounds like your ballast is fooked as well bro' you got any budget for new ballast or new light ??? all the best mukka, G'.
    FIGHTING FOR PEACE IS LIKE FU#@ING FOR VIRGINITY

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to G' For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (15-05-19), GEORGE (15-05-19), IceCalibur (15-05-19), planet (15-05-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redisiel View Post
    Your going to need to exhaust hot/stale air from that room mate and if I was you I would buy a dimmable ballast so you can change the settings, the bulb your running now will just hold you back timewise and in this game every minute matters,
    I generally run about 31 in summer anyway but have plenty air movement also do your lights on through the night this helps too
    Redz
    I dont have the budget to buy a dimmable ballast right now, but I do have another ballast it's a ETI 400w do you think I should install it? over the LUCILU E-Ballast LC600? !!!!. i'm doing 18-6 so I leave the light's off between 13:00 to 19:00, the plants made it trhough the night no signs of drooping or wilting leaves (fingers crossed), one of the WW pointed the leaves upwards like if it was reaching out for light right after the transplant, But yea… I currently dont have any hot air removal :|gotta work on that!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to planet For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (15-05-19), GEORGE (15-05-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by G' View Post
    First off brother auto's should go straight into final pots they don't take to well to being transplanted and if you've knocked off all the roots from the WWs they will probs be fooked mate, i wouldn't put an HPS over wee plants personally but if that's all you have just make sure you don't get it too close to them and it sounds like your ballast is fooked as well bro' you got any budget for new ballast or new light ??? all the best mukka, G'.
    Well I think I destroyed 30 to 40% of the roots of both the WW's… Also I did not now that autoflowers should go straight into final pots The internet is full of mis information I'm going crazy already, I dont have budget for anything right now, but I have another ballast na ETI 400w, I guess I should replace my current ballast to this one ?!!?!!!

BTW Should I try to get a MH bulb for veg instead of a HPS right? atleast for veg?! All the information and forums that i find are like 7 or 8 y/o or more.
    Last edited by planet; 15-05-19 at 12:32 PM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to planet For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Attachment 372285Attachment 372286

I got some pictures from my sister's phone sorry for the bad quality but atleast u get an idea of my shitty budget noob grow setup

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to planet For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Quote Originally Posted by planet View Post
    Attachment 372285Attachment 372286

I got some pictures from my sister's phone sorry for the bad quality but atleast u get an idea of my shitty budget noob grow setup
    Your attachment does not work, no pictures.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (15-05-19), planet (15-05-19)

Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190515_123353.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	88.6 KB 
ID:	372287 is it working now ?

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to planet For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (15-05-19), GEORGE (15-05-19), M_C (24-05-19)

Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190515_123425.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	372288 temps

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to planet For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast