Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Please get out and vote on Thursday!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,368 Times

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    Wikipedia have The Brexit Party in 3rd place with Tory & Labour tied at 18 seats each - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_E...United_Kingdom

Are we seeing a start of another stitch-up as these are actual seats not projected seats? Someone has jumped the gun for sure!
    Don't let 4chan see that graphic whatever you do. The acronym for Change UK is Cuk? Really?

Extremism is extremism. Don't confuse it with political persuasions! IMHO you will find more left wing extremists than right wing, solely due to the fact that we live in a left wing society that indoctrinates our children into thinking left wing agenda
    Absolutely this.

As far as the brick throwing goes though you'll be relieved to hear that the police have acknowledged the violence and drawn a line in the sand by issuing a forceful statement condemning all hate speech. So next time you're having your face smashed in by fundamentalist nutjobs you can relax safe in the knowledge that the very second they call you a naughty word the plod will be there in full force to calm the situation down.
    Last edited by thelastrebel; 20-05-19 at 02:19 PM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to thelastrebel For This Useful Post:

El Muchos Grande (26-05-19), G' (21-05-19), GEORGE (21-05-19), Ironman (20-05-19), M_C (20-05-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

Quote Originally Posted by thelastrebel View Post
    As far as the brick throwing goes though you'll be relieved to hear that the police have acknowledged the violence and drawn a line in the sand by issuing a forceful statement condemning all hate speech. So next time you're having your face smashed in by fundamentalist nutjobs you can relax safe in the knowledge that the very second they call you a naughty word the plod will be there in full force to calm the situation down.
    The police all seem to be sat on twitter or behind speed cameras... when they are not nail painting & wearing high heels for 'pride' days or dancing & skateboarding with climate protestors... is that really effective policing? Wait until you are burgled mate, you'll see just how much the police care about you!
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

G' (21-05-19), GEORGE (21-05-19), Ironman (20-05-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 48,497 Times

Change UK, a party that is called Change UK but its policies are to pretty much stay the same UK we always have been.

WTO terms is what's needed, especially as Trump has just pissed all over the Chinese with their phone business.

If Trump falls out with them there will be a huge gap for negotiations between the 3 powers of the world, the EU would sink very quickly.

Sent from Thames Iron works
    Last edited by Ironman; 20-05-19 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Spelling

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

El Muchos Grande (26-05-19), G' (21-05-19), GEORGE (21-05-19), M_C (20-05-19)

Thanks

The police all seem to be sat on twitter or behind speed cameras... when they are not nail painting & wearing high heels for 'pride' days or dancing & skateboarding with climate protestors... is that really effective policing? Wait until you are burgled mate, you'll see just how much the police care about you!
    I'm not sticking up for the police but with 20,000 less bobbies on the streets compared to 10 years ago burglary is way down the list.

They have to keep up with the cover story and keep knife crime rising other wise people will have time to see what the politicians are really up to.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

British green (21-05-19), El Muchos Grande (26-05-19), G' (21-05-19), GEORGE (21-05-19), M_C (20-05-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
    I'm not sticking up for the police but with 20,000 less bobbies on the streets compared to 10 years ago burglary is way down the list.

They have to keep up with the cover story and keep knife crime rising other wise people will have time to see what the politicians are really up to.

Another branch of project fear!

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,368 Times

I'll make sure I identify the culprit as a straight white male who also certainly didn't have any neurodiversity conditions if I do get burgled, see if that helps.

I love opposite a fire station and every time I see one of those ridiculous rainbow paint jobs it makes me want to throw up. I keep meaning to ask them if they still deal with fires of if they've switched entirely to fighting discrimination now.

EDIT - I should say that as regards our emergency services, mad props to those that take pride in their roles and risk their health and their lives to defend and protect us dsy after day. But seriously guys, stick to your damn day jobs and leave the activism to the activists. It's embarrassing.
    Last edited by thelastrebel; 20-05-19 at 02:30 PM.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to thelastrebel For This Useful Post:

El Muchos Grande (26-05-19), G' (21-05-19), GEORGE (21-05-19), Ironman (20-05-19), M_C (20-05-19)

Thanks

But you haven't seen 'bobbies on the street' for around the last 30 year....

..and since they have enough police to sit behind a computer to type sarcastic twitter posts and sit in vans with speed cameras, they are in zero position to complain about police numbers! Get them out the office & onto the streets! - and could we also have stop & search back? or is the current knife crime just some sort of ploy to reduce the number of gang members? (If so, it's not working!) And, whilst I'm on the subject, they are running around with guns now as knives just ain't bad-ass enough anymore FFS!

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

El Muchos Grande (26-05-19), G' (21-05-19), GEORGE (21-05-19), Ironman (20-05-19)

Thanks

But you haven't seen 'bobbies on the street' for around the last 30 year....

..and since they have enough police to sit behind a computer to type sarcastic twitter posts and sit in vans with speed cameras, they are in zero position to complain about police numbers! Get them out the office & onto the streets! - and could we also have stop & search back? or is the current knife crime just some sort of ploy to reduce the number of gang members? (If so, it's not working!) And, whilst I'm on the subject, they are running around with guns now as knives just ain't bad-ass enough anymore FFS!
    I think you'll find that most of those office bound officers are what were called specials. They've been upgraded because they are cheaper on wages than the old school bobbies.

I completely agree though, get them out and get them seen. Someone might even take notice of them, maybe.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I think you'll find that most of those office bound officers are what were called specials. They've been upgraded because they are cheaper on wages than the old school bobbies.

I completely agree though, get them out and get them seen. Someone might even take notice of them, maybe.

Specials are part time & unpaid.... the desk jockeys are real police

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

El Muchos Grande (26-05-19), G' (21-05-19), GEORGE (21-05-19), Ironman (20-05-19)

Thanks

Specials are part time & unpaid.... the desk jockeys are real police
    I know 3 people that were specials for 3 years and then were promoted to proper coppers and moved into an office.

I also know 2 police officers who loved their job and worked for the public, they were made redundant shortly after!

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast