Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Residents are having their bins seized ... by council snoopers

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,218 Times

Default Residents are having their bins seized ... by council snoopers

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ubbish-in.html

The point is not about taking the bins away.

This is about how snooping is made normal and acceptable.

The slope has just got more slippery.
    One Love, and Mon The Talk!
    The Six L Rule: No Smell, No Tell, No Sell,
    And mind those deci-BELS

May we all cross the line safe and sound, time after time, everytime.

FORUM RULES

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

AND (20-05-19), Gaz (20-05-19), GEORGE (20-05-19), M_C (20-05-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,778 Times

So now he will just throw everything into general waste! Back of the net Kirklees council - an own goal if ever I have seen one!
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

AND (20-05-19), Gaz (20-05-19), GEORGE (20-05-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 62,510 Times

Gotta say and please dont take any offence as none is intended ... but given the state of this planet and the rate in which the timer is ticking, recycling properly far out weighs the privacy issue.

They empty the bins therefore see the rubbish that comes out. If they see continuous violation then bloody right take his bin. They aint snooping they are doing their job, he should be fined as well imo

Its not hard is it really??

11 years people and thats a push
    Last edited by Gaz; 20-05-19 at 03:46 PM.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

AND (20-05-19), Benson123 (20-05-19), GEORGE (20-05-19), jumpman233345 (21-05-19), M_C (20-05-19)

Thanks

When disposed of improperly (ex: in the wrong recycling container), even recyclable materials, such as plastic and other paper products, can act as contaminants. ... Because of its incorrect disposal, there's a strong possibility it's rejected and sent to the landfill, resulting in a wasted recycling effort altogether.

Coz some lazy fuck cant be arsed sorting his bin!!!!

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

AND (20-05-19), British green (20-05-19), GEORGE (20-05-19), jumpman233345 (21-05-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,755 Times

Mate of mine used to work in a recycling plant and he told me it was a complete waste of time and resources as the majority goes to landfill because of contamination. This was a good few years ago maybe things have changed now.

Personally I am sick to death of taking layer after layer of non essential plastic wrapping off everything I buy and putting it in the bin. It has to stop! I do think that if people had the choice to buy unwrapped products they would. Surely the big manufacturers/supermarkets can see a massive market for non wrapped products. An eco friendly supermarket would do a roaring trade as long as they didn't hike their prices up.
    TO GROW A PLANT YOU NEED TO THINK LIKE A PLANT

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,218 Times

Exactly, M_C. Then again he seemed like a "archetype" of some sort, like Cletus from The Simpsons, to have the joke on him, rather than the more insidious snoop.

Gaz, I think the planet is long past the point of no return. Besides the plastic problem that is established, there is huge deforestation in Africa that is current, and on going. These are trees that take decades to grow back. Is that some weird twist of fate to wedge hemp into their agriculture? I don't know but I don't think so.

My money is still on the Snoops, because if They cared about the environment, They have better ways to get the job done, than to hire people for the job. Hiring a couple of people to snoop costs probably less than upgrading a recycling plant, plus They could make the job role with a OTE bonus of some sort, with a bling job title like "Efficiency Audit Executive" or "Urban Environment Assessor". Sounds a lot better than saying this to the accountant, "we need money to upgrade the trash depot in preparation of population growth and in preparation for the next 10 years" especially when chances are, a different Party would be in charge and who the eff cares, other than the tax payers, but who cares about those?
    Last edited by Valentina; 20-05-19 at 04:09 PM.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by toblue View Post
    Mate of mine used to work in a recycling plant and he told me it was a complete waste of time and resources as the majority goes to landfill because of contamination. This was a good few years ago maybe things have changed now.

Personally I am sick to death of taking layer after layer of non essential plastic wrapping off everything I buy and putting it in the bin. It has to stop! I do think that if people had the choice to buy unwrapped products they would. Surely the big manufacturers/supermarkets can see a massive market for non wrapped products. An eco friendly supermarket would do a roaring trade as long as they didn't hike their prices up.
    Lol things have changed lol they are taking the lazy feckers bins away lol

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

AND (20-05-19), British green (20-05-19), GEORGE (20-05-19), M_C (20-05-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Valentina View Post
    Exactly, M_C. Then again he seemed like a "archetype" of some sort, like Cletus from The Simpsons, to have the joke on him, rather than the more insidious snoop.

Gaz, I think the planet is long past the point of no return. Besides the plastic problem that is established, there is huge deforestation in Africa that is current, and on going. These are trees that take decades to grow back. Is that some weird twist of fate to wedge hemp into their agriculture? I don't know but I don't think so.

My money is still on the Snoops, because if They cared about the environment, They have better ways to get the job done, than to hire people for the job. Hiring a couple of people to snoop costs probably less than upgrading a recycling plant, plus They could make the job role with a OTE bonus of some sort, with a bling job like "Efficiency Audit Executive" or "Urban Environment Assessor". Sounds a lot better than saying this to the accountant, "we need money to upgrade the trash depot in preparation of population growth and in preparation for the next 10 years" especially when chances are, a different Party would be in charge and who the eff cares, other than the tax payers, but who cares about those?
    So sad that my kids may see an ice age but yes Val I fear you are right and our time is already up

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

AND (20-05-19), British green (20-05-19), GEORGE (20-05-19), M_C (20-05-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,778 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    Gotta say and please dont take any offence as none is intended ... but given the state of this planet and the rate in which the timer is ticking, recycling properly far out weighs the privacy issue.

They empty the bins therefore see the rubbish that comes out. If they see continuous violation then bloody right take his bin. They aint snooping they are doing their job, he should be fined as well imo

Its not hard is it really??

11 years people and thats a push
    I'm all for recycling Gaz. It's the councils at fault here since so much recycled rubbish is land filled by them - or sent overseas & landfilled (increasing the carbon foot print!) how can recycling be treated seriously knowing this? - can we fine the council? Thought not!

But it's not about recycling Gaz. It never has been, it's all about power & control

But! To take recycling even further, the council are all over recycling companies like rats, trying to find something that they are doing wrong so they can fine them & The Environmental Agency treat the business with total contempt... These layers of bureaucracy are what is really the issue, not the odd thing in the wrong bin.

Now, let's take this to the next level... could these items have been placed in the bin by a 3rd party? There are no locks on the bins as they sit out (usually overnight) awaiting collection - this just invites contamination of the contents! I live a few hundred yards from a school, when my recycle bin is out, what stops the kids from throwing rubbish in them? & would that be preferable to them throwing the rubbish on the street since councils removed municiple waste bins (back to the council again!)

And, as a final point, most councils don't really want to deal with plastic bar PET (1) - They will not deal with LDPE (4) plastic (plastic bags & the ilk) & have no wish for HDPE (2) or PP (5) either ...and don't even mention PS (6), Other (7) to them or their eyes glaze over!

(the numbers in brackets are the recycle symbols for the various plastics)

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

AND (20-05-19), Gaz (20-05-19), GEORGE (20-05-19), Valentina (20-05-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,416 Times

Made me chuckle that MC ,I'm guilty of putting stuff in other folks bins on collection day

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sadface For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast