Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: ME(Myalgic Encephalomyelitis)/CFS(Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) - and cannabis

Thanks

Hiya greenfingered, see! You lot get it, I always say that you don't get addicted to weed, you become a fan, it just makes so much sense in every way! All my best to you mate, and cheers for the support!!

Thanks

Hi mate and welcome to the site. I'm not gonna try and make out that I know anything about M.E. but from what i can make out you have 3 options.

1. Use prescribed medication from your GP for your condition.

2. Continue to buy from dealers.

3. Start growing your own cannabis.

The fact that you are already self medicating makes me believe that option 1 does not work for you so thats out.

Option 2 has its pros and cons. The only pro that I can think of is that you are being provided with a medicine that helps with your condition on the con side though you have to mix with the sellers of cannabis who for the most part are good people but at the same time are trying to make money so are selling cannabis at a price which is a lot higher than the cost of producing it. Travelling home with cannabis leaves you open to being stopped by police with it in your possession which in turn will cost you even more money.

Option 3 also has its pros and cons. Pros would be that you will be able to produce your own medication at a fraction of the street price saving you a fortune in the long term (prob enough to pay for a nice holiday break each year). You will be engaged in a hobby which in your case may be the best hobby you could ever take up. As long as you obey the number one rule 'TELL NO-ONE.' then there is pretty much no chance of you being caught. Cons would be the risk of getting caught which as I said, as long as you stick to the number one rule would be a minimal risk.

I think that looking at the pros and cons of each option shows that growing your own is prob the best, cheapest option you have available.

As I said before I don't claim to know anything about your condition, just wanted to get my 2p worth in.

Peace.

FZjb Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AllAboutM.E View Post
    Hiya greenfingered, see! You lot get it, I always say that you don't get addicted to weed, you become a fan, it just makes so much sense in every way! All my best to you mate, and cheers for the support!!
    careful here m8, like anything WEED can become addictive when abused and it can lead to problems..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FaZedjb View Post
    careful here m8, like anything WEED can become addictive when abused and it can lead to problems..
    Oh yeah, sorry, didn't mean to be flippant with that remark. Weed tends to be the lesser of all evils when it comes to me, and both myself and my partner keep restriction upon me... I limit my intake to once a day at best. Sorry again, stupid remark really.

Hiya RedJellyNinja.

Thank you for your advice, it all truly is welcome. Option 1, GP and medication, yes, this is not a good option. Although I do receive some prescribed medicine, it's really not good. What I am on is damaging to the health BIG time (see all the celeb deaths) and is highly limited. One of the main points to weed is that I am in control of it all, I can do as much or as little as I need without the Dr looking over my shoulder and putting me in jeopardy of losing it all if I see the Dr on the wrong day.

Currently, I will have to continue to buy, but as I say, I just can't find any.

Option 3 would be the best for sure. I spoke to "Frank" today, and although they cannot give me any real answers on this, they pointed me towards the legal section, but they did say that giving circumstance, they would foresee every and all leniency.

What do we think on here about if I contact my MP? Obviously anon to start? Is this a mad idea? I really don't know at the mo, I'm clutching at so many straws that I truly don't know if I'm sounding insane with this.

I know I've banged on about this, but this site has truly stopped me going round the bend, thank you all for your support and to be able to talk to you all!!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,124 Times

Yeah, too much of anything is bad for you IMO But I'd rather smoke a bit too much grass than take a bit too much(or even just enough) of some of the things I've been given by the docs over the years! And I personally find it pretty easy to limit my intake, generally because I think far ahead and try to keep it regular when I need it for as long as possible - instead of just getting really mashed and going to sleep

In regards to contacting your MP - could certainly be interesting and if done properly(using proxys and anonymous email) could be safe enough - but I'd expect a similar answer from any MP really, and it would probably just be a long-winded refusal to comment.. Maybe if you word it right
    Last edited by Eggbox; 24-12-09 at 12:33 PM.

Thanks

This sounds like a bloody nightmare!

Just for the record - I'm hiv+ weed helps me with eating, nausia (from pills) and sleeping also I get very stressed. Weed is a wonder drug imo

My g'f isn't keen on my growings but there's not a lot she can do about it - I don't talk to her about it, and she doesn't ask.

If it was me mate.... I'd live my life the way I wanted to, and if anyone with blinkered views tried to stop me I'd simply turn my back on them.

You've got to find a way around this bollocks dude, because at the end of the day, it's ruining your quality of life. If you don't have your health, you have no life - I speak from bitter experience.

You can get help on here with strain selection and growing techniques - seriously man, think hard on this... the pros (and cons) are well documented.

You could have a grow that you know exactly where it came from, of the perfect strain for your needs, less cost, no risk of contamination, no running around dealing with dodgy-dealers, no risk of being caught on the street in possession, a nice strong strain - so you need less.... the list goes on and on

Reading this thread made me feel very sad for you pal - keep in touch.

Thanks

In regards to contacting your MP - could certainly be interesting and if done properly(using proxys and anonymous email) could be safe enough - but I'd expect a similar answer from any MP really, and it would probably just be a long-winded refusal to comment.. Maybe if you word it right [/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm really thinking of giving it a go, I can't see how it can hurt. As you say, has to be worded right. I've also have another mini idea for you Eggbox, I PM you after Christmas, nothing major, just an idea.

Hiya Snake, pleasure to meet you! Hiv? Oh mate, all my best to you too! I can see why weed helps you, when you find something that ACTUALLY works in these type situations, you really do find yourself thanking it, it's crazy (well, I have in the past) but true. (ok, I look suitably strange again)

It's a hard situation with my partner, if we do part ways, which is looking more and more likely now, it's getting quite sad this end... then as regards to weed, I'm still no better off, I would still have nowhere to grow, or source for that matter. Neither of us want to split, and this subject is the most rubbish of reasons to end it over. She supports weed, and wants it legal, but she is one of life's worriers, and will never get past that. We both feel hurt over this, me for obvious reasons that you all understand on here, and she feels hurt for me asking this of her when I know she won't consent.

Thanks Snake for replying, I hope to certainly keep in contact with you on here. I wish you all the health in the world dude, and hope you have a great new year! All my very best!
    Last edited by AllAboutM.E; 24-12-09 at 11:42 PM.

Thanks

Grrrrr.... I can see the problem from all the angles, and it seems insurmountable - but all problems have a solution. I love puzzles of any description.

Is it in any way possible you could invest a few quid in some seeds, develop a little greenfingeredness and a fondness for walks in the countryside?

Guerilla growing is a discipline in it'self - there's no fewer obstacles involved unfortunately, because obstacles come in the shape of slugs and rabbits just as much as they comes in the shape of dissaproving partners and police-officers. If only you know about it - then you can't get caught.

Obstacles are made to be overcome, and God didn't bring you this far for you to quit now. There is a very good reason that you've been guided to the gently lapping shores of the thct island paradise, by a power greater than all of us combined (no - not google). We simply have to figure that reason out.

Merry Christmas

Thanks

Snake, I can't tell you how nice it is to know how much support you lot actually do feel for me, especially given you are in similar circumstance. I've been doing research on this, the fact that cannabis is such a helpful substance, to so many people and ailments, and yet the government still won't budge DESPITE being told otherwise by their own advice network... this much we all know. I've been on the case a bit more and found out that a few years ago, we were right on the brink of legalisation for medicinal use, it was going to happen, BUT, some old fart higher up vetoed this due to his concerns over the green light aspect, the fact that they could not be seen condoning, and that they can keep the tobacco and alcohol industry regulated, but they couldn't with cannabis as much. Most of us know this too.

Cameron and his lot are proposing major reform, Boris Johnson has also gone on record for pro medicinal use. Labour are not budging, and you can certainly see the vote battle in this can't you?! So, we're expected to suffer, and have little life just because of them?! This borders on inhuman. Next stop, Amnesty International?! lol.

I've not unearthed anything ground breaking to you lot on here I know, but in my maddening mindset, I'm doing my homework on all areas.

With regards to growing in a plot of land... not sure that is viable either. I certainly will think on this, please know that ALL suggestions welcome, and ALL will be pondered over, as you can imagine. The problems I foresee with that is the fact I would have to trek a fair way to do this (which as you know, would be a problem) and I do not live in a great area, it would almost certainly be spotted by some vigilant soul. Suffice to say, I will think on on this!! You are a star, you really are.

I may ask for a no BS, layman's guide to the logistics of inside home grow in another part of this site, get a veteran to lay it out for me in bullet point to what I would need etc. I'm not able to home grow any time soon, but for armed and all that, can't hurt to get it all figured.

So, still on the campaign trail both for legalisation and to source some stuff. Suffice to say, it's been an emotional and painful Christmas all round. My partner really does get my frustration, she truly does, and if I could make it that ALL consequence would be on me, that would be a start.

I wish you a VERY happy New Year Snake, it would be a pleasure to keep in touch!

Luv to everyone on here!

Thanks

Was in this thread when it first began just been catching up. Glad to see all the info that has been gathered on here i am sure that because of you posting on THCT, AllAboutM.E your story will continue to help others in the same position as you for years to come. Good idea changing the name too Eggbox anyone who googles ME will have access to these pages Makes me feel good to think that. Peace out

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast