Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: ME(Myalgic Encephalomyelitis)/CFS(Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) - and cannabis

Thanks

Cheers bong, once more, thank you for such kind words. The law has got to change, it sounds so melodramatic to say "my life depends on it", but it really is true and that simple. I've been doing nothing but research on this since just before Christmas, and my case is not uncommon, thousands of these cases out there, all suffering due to ignorance.

It's as black and white as this; I either break the law and live for practically the first time in my life, and avoid the early grave I'm heading for due to painkillers and ill health, AND stand a chance of getting myself the work I have been striving for, thus, financial independence and will drain the state no more...

OR, I abide by the law, knock the best part of my life on the head, housebound, no prospects, and on a personal note, lose my partner and chance of a family.

These are not just the facts of my case, this is synonymous of many people out there.

Sorry for such a grim post, but I'm in a dark place tonight, and not sure how to get out of it.

Thanks

been following this from the start so i just thought id have my tuppance worth,,iam a suffer of cronic pain and have been for over 20yrs since my accident,,another story,,so i know what pain feels like i get more relife from canabis than any other thing i ever had ,,yes i can get rid of my pain with pills this is true but i end up in hospital because of these things its to easy to pop another 6 pills befor you know it your on 20 pluss a day,,been there done that,,watched my mum whom was suffering real bad from fibromyalgia go from a walking ever go happy peson to a wreak over nht and the suffering i saw made my pain seems like just a headacke,,they filled her full of morthine and she nearly burned the bedroom out i came in to a fire on the bed her in it out of her head,,thank god shes better now,,,,,like my bro faz i have the same problem my g/f is a big no no on drugs she dislikes me growing but i grow at my flat in the shed away from the place,,,but she dont like it and bro your still luckyer than me your miss,s lets u skin up in her house where ever mine don.t round her kids i have to hide it 100% as much as i understand her resons they still know a lot more about drugs than she relise,s but wont have none of it,,,this is what i said to her,,and i do love my girl with all my heart,, ok if i take the pills i allways end up doing loads of the things cant help it its just the way it is,,then i end up endding up in hospital some time cozz of a od..just cozz i have taken so many over a long time to kill the pain and when iam in that state iam no good to noone,,i allso told her the main reson i stopped buyin street weed about 2/3 yrs back i bought 1 oz of weed the weed i smoked there was very nice the weed i had by the time i got home and checked it out it was not untill about the 3rd spliff i was making knew that this was not right it seemed to gritty it was like it had some soil that had got stuck to the buds anyway cut long story short,, it was grit weed real nasty shit that can kill you,,these asshole whom grew this weed had not only covered this weed in sand but they allso use fine glass,,hence no more street weed for me,,my only other source would be grow my own or know a freind whom grew it,, i had been growing my own for yrs but took a step back from growing for cupple or so yr,s untill tiss yr when i saw what my bro was growing under lightblubs,,cfl,s inspired me to go for it,,shit man when i told my g/f she did,t like it at all but excepted that it was pill or green she has no involvement and dont even look upon them in the shed so if she was ever asked what was grown in there she could say that i grow all my bedding plants in there and i do that 2,, she knows and understands the pain i am in and has all ready experance a spell of me in the hospital for 5 weeks,,,,weed or pills thats what i told her and i cant aford to buy it even tho since then i found someone very close whom grows and is a sound 100% guy ,,it comes down to cost,, ave 20 qid for 8th is grt and a nice smoke dont get me wrong but doing 40 qid a week om weed when i know for fact i can get me a 1oz a month easy in the right kinda set up ,,she still worrys about it being down in the shed i told her nuffin can realy happen,,what the law gonna do to me at fucking worstlock me up for growing my own painkiller that keeps me out of hospital saveing them money ..iam hurting no one,,,if it did happen and they bust me so what take me to court see you there with my solicter,,, i have not robbed anyone like junkies do for there drugs,,, i aint stabbed no one for a few qid to get a fix,,,ect ect ect ::::and she agrees with all that but still has this hate about drugs,,canabiss is a herb been sued for 1000,s of yrs for many dirrent resons how many people have died from useing it excluding then kill by the grit weed,,, drink kills,, fags kill,, these things are ready avaible for us at nearly anytime of day or night and are legal ,,,,mmmm aint they drugs,,,, another drug that kills yet because they make 100,000s a yr from profit it ok for them but me a few plants not hurting anyone,, tell me thats right wtf is this world comin to it unreal,,,what makes me even more sicker that the fact canabiss well end up legal in the uk one day ,,,BUT it be another goverment run thing where they can make money from useing in the drugs trade,,,fact its happing in other contrys right now where 10 even 5 yrs ago would have never looked at it,,,sorry iam just woffling shit now at the end of the day mate growing your own for your own needs to help you have a better value of livin your g/f should be by your side if she loves you even tho she may not like it she should be thinkin about your pain that you suffer she may understand how you may feel but will never truely understand untill she,s had something similer,,iam not sayin she dont love you for i bet she do and is just shit scared about egtting busted for growing thinking it the end all and it realy aint i have been busted 3 times over the last 20yrs the biggest fine i got was 120 because i had a good solister whom pleaded my case,,,just because you end up in court down mean your going to be locked up,,there not after you there after bigger fish,,but you just got caught up in the net and at the end of the day they are just follwing the law as it is at the moment,,hopefully one day befor i die i hope to see it legal that were we can all grow the max 6 plants,,will it happen ,,yes i thhink so in time,,,,get yourself something going like what faz or i have it works its cheap and its better to grow your own that buy it from someone else there more injoy ment to cannabiss than just smokin it,,i hope your g/f give,s a little towards this i realy do,, 100% love is unconditionable,,,good luck and god bless
    Last edited by dragonsilverlights; 03-01-10 at 12:17 AM.
    Fact not Fiction
    its not the SIZE of your colaits the way it smokes

Thanks

Hiya Dragonsilverlights. I'm sorry to hear of your cases too! Please know empathy is heading your way! I wish you all the health and pain free living going. Thank you VERY much for such a long and nice post, every story and post I read like this makes me realise I'm not alone, and that people actually DO get this. You've summed it up a few times over... either pills, or herbal smoke. Pills kill, it's that simple, and I am heading down that road, and it's due to the government. I'll cost them a whole lot less if they just changed the law. I wish your family all the best too, hope they all have good pain free health.
    Also, what you said about one day it will be legal, that is so true, and yet so frustrating... it falls to us, and people before us, to put up with the pain in order to get the message across. To be treated like a child is one thing, but to be in a position of torture is something else.
    I perhaps should have updated my situation in this thread as opposed to another thread I'm in;

My partner and I had the biggest, and possibly the last row on this subject tonight, she will not consent to growing, which means I am now completely screwed in this situation, and for the foreseeable future screwed in life. If I had my own place I would not think twice about sorting my own situation out, but I do not have that option. The world is black and white to her, she's never had had to deal with anything like this in her life, and it's showing. I on the other hand have had to fight, claw, and scratch for everything, I know that sounds very sorry for myself, but that is the true story behind it all.
    They say cannabis ruins people's lives, I don't quite think they know how much, and not for the reasons they believe. This is one of the first times in my life I've lost hope.

Thanks

I really feel like we need to do something on this matter . Eggbox you said you were putting a site together on this matter didnt you if we manage to get a site together and advertise it like mad threw internet media. We can get people like Eggbox, AllAboutM.E, Snake etc to put there storys on there. I see myself as a pretty hard guy but the storys i have read above have really touched me. So i am sure if a member of the genral public were to go on a site that told you the pain and suffering that these guys are going threw on a daily basis and being refused the one thing that can actually do some good for them by there own government. I am positive this would do some good will certainly get more people on our side anyway cant make things any worse thats for sure. I have allways thought that cannabis being illegal was pretty stupid but now i KNOW its stupid espicailly for medical reasons whats your thoughts on putting a site together guys look forward to your replies . Peace out

Pain Killer Deaths World Wide 100000+
    Cannabis Deaths World Wide 0

nuube Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AllAboutM.E View Post
    My partner and I had the biggest, and possibly the last row on this subject tonight, she will not consent to growing, which means I am now completely screwed in this situation, and for the foreseeable future screwed in life. If I had my own place I would not think twice about sorting my own situation out, but I do not have that option. The world is black and white to her.
    I have been following this thread with interest as I too use cannabis for medical conditions, one of which is chronic pain.

The government/big pharma GP's can prescribe oodles of drugs one more dangerous than the next, each one more addictive than the next and ALL of which have limited benefits for many.

On the other hand should we take matters into our own hands, educate ourselves about our conditions and aim to control/alleviate some of the suffering using a drug that has NEVER been the cause of a death or is near as addictive or dangerous as prescribed drugs - then we are evil and dangerous!!

Read the drug info leaflets that come with your nice branded pills from the chemists - a quick scan through mine and the side effects include, (but are not limited to); depression, addiction, insomnia, weight gain, weight loss, confusion, hallucinations, increased risk of suicide, behavioural changes, etc.

WTF is soo wrong with society which can allow drugs like these to be issued freely, (OK on GP advice but they are very commonly prescribed), but we are society's unclean for producing a herb with much less potential for harm and more to the point a drug which people can use to treat their ailments, and increase their level of well-being.

Then again if we are growing our own meds then there are many who will not profit from our misery!!!

From where I stand me missus frowns upon growing and makes sure I keep all well hidden and contained and that I don't medicate too much!

Peace and love to all those suffering and hopefully your hobbies will continue to help or those in our lives who care about us will take a chance on our happiness!!

Thanks

All my thanks you two, to see support is so welcome. That's the trouble, my case is not uncommon, so many people going through literal hell with this. I hope you are going good guns on the herb nuube, all my best to you! You make many good points, as does Bong.

Things are REALLY bad here... I've not cried in 25 years, that's truth, and last night and today, I have broken down quite badly, as has my partner, and although we both know there is one answer, and that solution is beyond perfect for me, she still will not relent, and I really do not know what I'm going to do in life now. I thought this year was finally going to be my year, but it's turned into hell.

Excuse my candid posts, I'm usually very reserved and private, but thought I owe it to this site to share the bare bones of it all.

nuube Guest

All my thanks you two, to see support is so welcome. That's the trouble, my case is not uncommon, so many people going through literal hell with this. I hope you are going good guns on the herb nuube, all my best to you! You make many good points, as does Bong.

Things are REALLY bad here... I've not cried in 25 years, that's truth, and last night and today, I have broken down quite badly, as has my partner, and although we both know there is one answer, and that solution is beyond perfect for me, she still will not relent, and I really do not know what I'm going to do in life now. I thought this year was finally going to be my year, but it's turned into hell.

Excuse my candid posts, I'm usually very reserved and private, but thought I owe it to this site to share the bare bones of it all.
    Hey man I feel your pain. I hadn't been smoking for about 10 years, (did it for a few years but it fell by the wayside as no regular supplier and got pissed off being told "I will be getting some in tomorrow, call back then", or, "sure no problem, wait here for 5 minutes!"), but got reintroduced by a friend who was growing his own. I started growing when I realised how at night, (can't use it during the day - too many commitments), I can rest and get ease from various ailments. Also the tabs from the Dr were killing me, (very little exaggeration there), so I had to stop them and rely more on herbal methods thankfully I had it there.

Someone suggested up the thread about getting your own gaff to grow in. I would say that sounds like good advice. If you are on benefits the Govt. will pay and if not maybe it is time you considered what will enable you to medicate and remain with the person you obviously love very much.

can you get her to argue why it would be good for you to grow instead of always having to say why it would be so bad? She may be less rigid if you don't keep getting her to defend her position, done properly you will be able to get your side across a hell of a lot better.

If it was me and I know it isn't but maybe you could agree to move out on a trial basis to see how/if you can maintain your relationship and increase your well-being.

On my last comment opinions are like ass-holes.....everyone has one! I hope you and your lady come to some mutual agreement, love bro!

Thanks

me and my g/f dont live together as long as she has her own house she will allways have a last say over growin and i except that as much as i dissagree,,so ill never give up my flat,,i dont worry about going away to her,s for 3/4 days at a time and leving the girls to carry on,, one can take to much care over there plants and end up doing more harm than doing the min,,but if we ever do get to live together where the home is both ours,, sorry iam growing or id rather be alone and see her when i see her there has to be compermize within a relationship to work many times my freind i have felt like you the other thing i never said about myself is i suffer deppression and have done since i was a child and this helps me,,it helps in so many diffrent ways its unreal ,,i think yes if a site was put up and running a war on legal drugs against cannabiss ,,fags drink you can buy any time of day for less than a fiver ,,smoke tar and kill yourself,,, drink special brew /tennets//cider and drop your guts and die,,painkiller that you can buy over the counter,,killer your liver,,,,grow your own cannabiss,,deaths none,,
    will the state pay for houseing for you ???if so there is no need for you to suffer ,, yes it may mean you 2 being apart sometimes but allso sometimes we all need space,, i know i do as much as i love my g/f i need my own space and at the moment where she lives i aint even got a shed to retreat to got the garage but i have to watch out for her kids ,,she knows i smoke there at the bottom of the garden,, but i honestly dont like it fuck its frezzin out there this time yr,, so she dont hardly get to see me nowdays we aint like we used to be and i dont think we can ever be but thats life,, i do feel for you my g/f 4 days befor cristmas said she felt we was over ,,because of some stupid thing i did and done and never even relized i did it she took it all the wrong way,,that women for you buddy weird yet wonderfull creatures,,,
    get the govement to pay rent for your own place then grow there save your relationship as well
    thank you for your coments,, good luck and god bless

Thanks

You guys are saving me from going insane, thank you!

Nuube, same here, the prescribed meds are going to get me one day, that's another reason I'm scared currently, I'm more aware of my own mortality than ever. The powers that be are going to kill me, it's a simple as that. You obviously talk from much experience too. How long have you been growing? And hows it gone for you? I like you only do it at night, I can cope and get by during the day, as long as I have a light at the end of the tunnel each day, that's the thing that matters.

Dragon... again, see many similarities to you. I think when you have literally no choice but to turn to cannabis, until you've been to that level of pain and anguish, you truly have no concept of why it's such a great plant... you know, I know, many people on here know, and yet the loved ones who are supposed to get it still never fully understand the desperation. My partner knows the facts, she knows that this truly is my god send, but at no point can she get over the legality.

As regards to my own place; I have tried quite a few times in the past for independence, both on my own steam, and with help, alas, I do not get the help needed... like many people in my boat, we scrape by with the bare minimum, and little else is on offer. We are a between the cracks lot. Believe me, my own place would be brilliant... but the only reason I get help in the first place is due to the fact I have to have care and support, which renders independence a pipe dream. Please know I'm not knocking all the help and suggestions you keep giving, but as I have said previous, it's at the point where I need to be honest and straight with you all on here, and show you just how stuck I, and many like me, actually are. Not a day goes by where I'm not exploring some avenue or outlet, but the powers that be see to it that I reach a dead end at all turns.

I've suggested to my partner to join this forum and ask and discuss all of her issues and problems, I feel this could be helpful all round too. We're still breaking down with no solutions.

Luv to you all once more, and all my thanks is truly meant!!

Thanks

You guys are saving me from going insane, thank you!

Nuube, same here, the prescribed meds are going to get me one day, that's another reason I'm scared currently, I'm more aware of my own mortality than ever. The powers that be are going to kill me, it's a simple as that. You obviously talk from much experience too. How long have you been growing? And hows it gone for you? I like you only do it at night, I can cope and get by during the day, as long as I have a light at the end of the tunnel each day, that's the thing that matters.

Dragon... again, see many similarities to you. I think when you have literally no choice but to turn to cannabis, until you've been to that level of pain and anguish, you truly have no concept of why it's such a great plant... you know, I know, many people on here know, and yet the loved ones who are supposed to get it still never fully understand the desperation. My partner knows the facts, she knows that this truly is my god send, but at no point can she get over the legality.

As regards to my own place; I have tried quite a few times in the past for independence, both on my own steam, and with help, alas, I do not get the help needed... like many people in my boat, we scrape by with the bare minimum, and little else is on offer. We are a between the cracks lot. Believe me, my own place would be brilliant... but the only reason I get help in the first place is due to the fact I have to have care and support, which renders independence a pipe dream. Please know I'm not knocking all the help and suggestions you keep giving, but as I have said previous, it's at the point where I need to be honest and straight with you all on here, and show you just how stuck I, and many like me, actually are. Not a day goes by where I'm not exploring some avenue or outlet, but the powers that be see to it that I reach a dead end at all turns.

I've suggested to my partner to join this forum and ask and discuss all of her issues and problems, I feel this could be helpful all round too. We're still breaking down with no solutions.

Luv to you all once more, and all my thanks is truly meant!!
    Yeh i think if you get your partner to join THCT and she gets to see how many people there are doing it and has a chat to some of us and see's that the people growing cannabis are not the thugs that she will be picturing in her head but actually normaly friendly guys/girls this will hopefully put her mind at rest a little. If not outdoor season is coming up if i was you an she again says no i would be going for alot of contry walks and survaying possible grow sites. Does your partner not see your qualitay of life will be improved dramaticly if she allows you to do this ? Peace Out

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast