Page 107 of 114 FirstFirst ... 7 57 97 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1134

Thread: Getting off the fags, try and save my lungs.

Thanks

Lo everybody.

I'm just back after a rather long absence due to serious illness & was hoping to find some "Volcano" user's in this thread but it unfortunately seems to just be about e-cig type vapourizers!
    Founder of the Ironbridge Gorge Marijuana Society

Sanity is the playground of the unimaginative

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Captain Scarlet For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-10-19), Sadface (01-10-19), thelastrebel (01-10-19)

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Scarlet View Post
    Lo everybody.

I'm just back after a rather long absence due to serious illness & was hoping to find some "Volcano" user's in this thread but it unfortunately seems to just be about e-cig type vapourizers!
    Hello and welcome back Captain Scarlet, not a volcano user here but I'm certain there are a few who might see this and help you out

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-10-19), Sadface (01-10-19), thelastrebel (01-10-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,368 Times

Not a volcano user either but there's a couple around here somewhere I'm sure...

Seeing this thread makes me realise it's been a year this week since I last had either a nicotine vape or tobacco by itself. Quite pleased with that really, though I won't say I don't miss it sometimes.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thelastrebel For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-10-19), IceCalibur (01-10-19), M_C (01-10-19), Sadface (01-10-19)

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by thelastrebel View Post
    Not a volcano user either but there's a couple around here somewhere I'm sure...

Seeing this thread makes me realise it's been a year this week since I last had either a nicotine vape or tobacco by itself. Quite pleased with that really, though I won't say I don't miss it sometimes.
    Congrats mate, something to be proud of that I'd say

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-10-19), thelastrebel (01-10-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,755 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Scarlet View Post
    Lo everybody.

I use a volcano mate. What you want to know?
    TO GROW A PLANT YOU NEED TO THINK LIKE A PLANT

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-10-19), IceCalibur (01-10-19), M_C (01-10-19), thelastrebel (01-10-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,368 Times

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    Congrats mate, something to be proud of that I'd say
    Thanks mate. I don't feel proud but I guess that's sort of the point in a way. The addiction still has one over on me, I know that. If I let my guard down and celebrated with a pack of Richmonds I'd be back to the withdrawl symptoms stage again in a matter of days. Someone once told me there's no such thing as an ex-addict, just an addict who's not given in today, and I think that's a pretty decent way of looking at it. I feel emboldened by how long I've kept it going but not proud because I haven't won yet, if that makes sense.

Just for the love of God don't mention wine in the same context...

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to thelastrebel For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-10-19), IceCalibur (01-10-19), M_C (02-10-19), scoobywho (02-10-19), Subterranean Man (03-10-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,392 Times

Been sort of keeping an eye on this thread over the past few months...

Well I’m about to embark on getting off the snouts ... appointment at quacks tomorrow to get all the help required.

My chest is fucked these days, As soon as they sacked the 10 packs I now smoke double, Well that and a much more senior position at work has seen me hit nigh on 17-20 fags a day.

I don’t smoke cigs when I get home as the first thing I do is make a joint. If I’m having a couple beers watching sport or whatever I’ll have about 3-4 doobies. Without beer I’ll have a max of 2.

I’ve stopped b4 back in 2012 for about 8 months and still managed to smoke joints of an evening. But with 2 teenagers at the time I found myself back on the fags.

Do you guys in rest of UK get free cessation gear from the pharmacy/ doctors like us in Scotland ?

Anyway , really need to bin them sharpish

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Subterranean Man For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (17-10-19), GEORGE (03-10-19), IceCalibur (03-10-19), M_C (17-10-19), scoobywho (03-10-19)

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean Man View Post
    Been sort of keeping an eye on this thread over the past few months...

Well I’m about to embark on getting off the snouts ... appointment at quacks tomorrow to get all the help required.

My chest is fucked these days, As soon as they sacked the 10 packs I now smoke double, Well that and a much more senior position at work has seen me hit nigh on 17-20 fags a day.

I don’t smoke cigs when I get home as the first thing I do is make a joint. If I’m having a couple beers watching sport or whatever I’ll have about 3-4 doobies. Without beer I’ll have a max of 2.

I’ve stopped b4 back in 2012 for about 8 months and still managed to smoke joints of an evening. But with 2 teenagers at the time I found myself back on the fags.

Do you guys in rest of UK get free cessation gear from the pharmacy/ doctors like us in Scotland ?

Anyway , really need to bin them sharpish
    Nice to read this Subterranean Man and I wish you good luck with getting off the fags, quite a few here are doing well and not returned to it either

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (17-10-19), GEORGE (03-10-19), M_C (17-10-19), Subterranean Man (03-10-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    Nice to read this Subterranean Man and I wish you good luck with getting off the fags, quite a few here are doing well and not returned to it either
    Cheers mate

Indeed, vapes ain’t for me I know that for sure. Lungs are fucked from working in shitty lofts n stuff when I was on the tools n doing homers etc. Add that to having asthma (but don’t use an inhaler) add to that smoking hash for 30+ years..... that’s me just in the door , popped into my old pals today , sorted me with various bits of weed, namely Bruce banner , cookie dough and Durban poison ... just for sorting a bit tech lol

Anyway appointments at 2:30 tomorrow, plan to start the stop on Monday

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Subterranean Man For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (17-10-19), GEORGE (03-10-19), IceCalibur (03-10-19), M_C (17-10-19)

Thanks

Well , into day 1 without cigs

On the patches and the spray, I would say the spray works tbh , couple of cravings been sorted by it

The big test is when I get home about 4-5pm when my weed box will be full on winking at me wanting abused

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Subterranean Man For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (17-10-19), GEORGE (07-10-19), IceCalibur (07-10-19), M_C (17-10-19), scoobywho (07-10-19)

Page 107 of 114 FirstFirst ... 7 57 97 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... LastLast