Thread: does green leds stress plants?

Thanks

Default does green leds stress plants?

I am planning to setup few green leds in growroom area I don't want to stress plants but sometimes I will need to access while plants are on dark cycle and I'm not sure if its good idea ?
    doing works at total darkness is risk factor need solutions
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190527_161202.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	39.9 KB 
ID:	372662  

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lowroller For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (03-06-19), GEORGE (27-05-19), ToughCall (01-07-20)

3. Default

Although we know plants can't absorb light in the green spectrum, it's obviously dependant on the type of 'light you purchase, some just have a green tint, but the fact you're going with LED is a much safer bet!

Just be careful not to let other lights in as you go in to switch on your green light. If you go ahead with this, let us know how you get on

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (03-06-19), GEORGE (03-06-19), ToughCall (01-07-20)

Thanks

A green LED light should work well aside from everything looking green. Plants use green light a little, although I can't remember the actual benefit the plants use it for, since it isn't in the PAR range, AFAIK. I have heard that you can also put a green soda bottle over a white light and get the same protection... but the green light would probably be safer.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jimster For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-06-19), ToughCall (01-07-20)