Thread: 6" long carbon filters

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,454 Times

Default 6" long carbon filters

My wife reckoned she could smell a whiff this morning but my sense of smell is pretty bad so I'm taking her word on it and thinking of getting a new filter. My rhino pro is only 10m old so wondering if adding a smaller one on the other end in the tent would work as I currently blow through the filter rather than stuck through it... wondering if there's any reason now to do both?
    She may have just been smelling my cabin as i was toking in there last night

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

gardro (28-05-19), GEORGE (28-05-19), IceCalibur (28-05-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Check for leaks mate as thats the biggest risk for push filtering. Smell is out before it hits the carbon rather than smell getting passed the carbon ive always found.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

AND (28-05-19), GEORGE (28-05-19), ggotch (29-05-19), M_C (28-05-19), Silkadin (28-05-19), Valentina (28-05-19)

Thanks

Everything's pretty solid and fixed as nothing ever moves due to the tight confines

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-05-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,218 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Silkadin View Post
    ...My rhino pro is only 10m old ...
    My first one only lasted a year, and my tent is a measly 40 x40 x 120 cm, and I don't even grow the stinkier strains!

If you need one, go get it.

I am on my 2nd one now, and now that I am growing in chem nutes they don't smell so much and the filter is coping, but I am wary too that it might fall over on me.
    One Love, and Mon The Talk!
    The Six L Rule: No Smell, No Tell, No Sell,
    And mind those deci-BELS

May we all cross the line safe and sound, time after time, everytime.

FORUM RULES

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-05-19), Silkadin (28-05-19)

Thanks

Cool... just researching brands now. I like the idea of the shorter tubes as mine is wedged into the fan box so more space would be nice. Thinking one either end since fitting a smaller one in the tent shouldn't be too difficult

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-05-19), Valentina (28-05-19)

Thanks

Mate

Remember humidity plays a part and that just went up 3 days ago in the uk

Good luck

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WWBB For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-05-19), Silkadin (28-05-19), Valentina (29-05-19)

Thanks

I think the humidity shouldn't be a factor as the intake is passive and steady at around 54%. It comes in via the dehumidifier which has the tent at about 49 to 50%.

Tbh I stuck my nose by the vent extracting the air and it just smelt a bit chlorine like, which it always has... reminds me of an indoor pool smell. I reckon it was either lingering smells from me smoking in the cabin 5 hours earlier, or maybe it was someone else having an early morning wake and bake on their dog walk lol. I'm still going to look for a small filter to clip onto the extract duct in the tent. What's the cheapest working brand... just started a new job so funds are still tight for a while. Is swiftair recommended? Rhino hobby does small ones but I've not read the best reviews on those. Phresh is quite pricey. Came across a brand called fox but I'm sceptical on them as never heard of em.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-05-19)