Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Potential upgrade

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,828 Times

Default Potential upgrade

Hi, I am looking at lights for a 1.2x1.2 area and I am interested in your 2x265 proxl kits. Hoping you or any other talkers would be able to advise.

While the kit itself says it is for this area I would like to know a few things if possible.

Are these kits plug and play? (if not can it be ) - I might be able to bodge it together but whether this would void the warranty, burn my house down or signal aliens from Mars I am not sure.

Is it possible for these kits to have certain options I. E., 3500k and the driver that dims without the little screw driver (is it the b version or elg or.. This is where I need advice lol).

I note some mention the prebuilt ones have the heatsink and/or driver mounted on the back of the light boards causing issues (I might have got this wrong or misunderstood). Has this been verified as an issue, if so can it be rectified on any future kits?

I am looking for these to be the only lights for both veg and flower. Is the options above (mainly 3500k) the best?

I have read rumours of new products and or releases, have you got any super secret news you could perhaps share with us all!

Can/is the delivery in discreet packaging? (last question I could think to ask I am sure that info is on your website though).

Finally thank you all for taking the time to read.

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to curiouscultivator For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (01-06-19), GEORGE (08-07-19), IceCalibur (01-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,948 Times

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscultivator View Post
    Hi, I am looking at lights for a 1.2x1.2 area and I am interested in your 2x265 proxl kits. Hoping you or any other talkers would be able to advise.

While the kit itself says it is for this area I would like to know a few things if possible.

Are these kits plug and play? (if not can it be ) - I might be able to bodge it together but whether this would void the warranty, burn my house down or signal aliens from Mars I am not sure.

Is it possible for these kits to have certain options I. E., 3500k and the driver that dims without the little screw driver (is it the b version or elg or.. This is where I need advice lol).

I note some mention the prebuilt ones have the heatsink and/or driver mounted on the back of the light boards causing issues (I might have got this wrong or misunderstood). Has this been verified as an issue, if so can it be rectified on any future kits?

I am looking for these to be the only lights for both veg and flower. Is the options above (mainly 3500k) the best?

I have read rumours of new products and or releases, have you got any super secret news you could perhaps share with us all!

Can/is the delivery in discreet packaging? (last question I could think to ask I am sure that info is on your website though).

I can answer one of those questions, but it’s not a very important one. They do have discreet packaging and they pack it quite well. As for the other questions I know about as much as you lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Itslittyofc For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (01-06-19), curiouscultivator (01-06-19), GEORGE (08-07-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Itslittyofc View Post
    I can answer one of those questions, but it’s not a very important one. They do have discreet packaging and they pack it quite well. As for the other questions I know about as much as you lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Awesome dude! One thing off the list so thank you for sharing. I am still doing research on my own but its almost time to chill instead

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to curiouscultivator For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (01-06-19), GEORGE (08-07-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,190 Times

Hey. Tried to answer in order if questions

The XL kits we are not able to assemble prior to shipping. They are a Diy kit.

We do not stock the B variety drivers due to lack of demand. All drivers are A variety including screw pot adjustment. The boards are available in 3000k, 3000k/6500k mix or 4000k

Some kits require a heatsink and some dont, iv never heard of a heatsink causing a problem ??

Full cycle - 3000k or 3000k/6500k mix

Mk3 lm301h ISH150 boards are now on site

Plain box with fragile tape

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Invisible_Sun For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (01-06-19), curiouscultivator (01-06-19), GEORGE (08-07-19), Silkadin (12-07-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible_Sun View Post
    Hey. Tried to answer in order if questions

The XL kits we are not able to assemble prior to shipping. They are a Diy kit.

We do not stock the B variety drivers due to lack of demand. All drivers are A variety including screw pot adjustment. The boards are available in 3000k, 3000k/6500k mix or 4000k

Some kits require a heatsink and some dont, iv never heard of a heatsink causing a problem ??

Full cycle - 3000k or 3000k/6500k mix

Mk3 lm301h ISH150 boards are now on site

Plain box with fragile tape

Wow! It's Saturday get your work hat off but thank you so much for the quick response!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to curiouscultivator For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,171 Times

Great questions. I will be taking notes

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (01-06-19), GEORGE (08-07-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CityDweller View Post
    Great questions. I will be taking notes
    I have avoided electrics since I was 14 making pcbs in school. A few months ago I started this hobby and had to wire my first plug in at least a decade. The prospect of wiring these boards together fills me with dread lol.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to curiouscultivator For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,171 Times

I have avoided electrics since I was 14 making pcbs in school. A few months ago I started this hobby and had to wire my first plug in at least a decade. The prospect of wiring these boards together fills me with dread lol.

Exactly how I feel. But we can get it done i'm sure.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,190 Times

We can assemble the 265 pro kit prior to shipping but not the XL kits

Its down to box sizes

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Invisible_Sun For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible_Sun View Post
    We can assemble the 265 pro kit prior to shipping but not the XL kits

Its down to box sizes

Ooo options Sorry for all the questions. So just to make sure I understand I would open a box and be left to hang this (would need two ofc for my area).

Now maybe more of a question for the talkers and for me to do more research on the difference in drivers. Which would be better for typically auto flowers, 3000k or the combo 3000/6500k?

Thank you again IS rep, what a legend replying on a Saturday!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to curiouscultivator For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-07-19)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast