Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Potential upgrade

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,948 Times

Default Potential upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscultivator View Post
    I have avoided electrics since I was 14 making pcbs in school. A few months ago I started this hobby and had to wire my first plug in at least a decade. The prospect of wiring these boards together fills me with dread lol.

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk
    If your stuck you can always do what I did, ask the talk! I Got talked through how to set them up, had one problem but that was all because I got ahead of myself and put the wires the wrong way around before asking anyone. One of the talkers actually noticed it and told me, Invisible Sun also helped although I had finished putting em together when they came online I’m pretty bad with wiring etc, but the lights were definitely worth the confusion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Itslittyofc For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (01-06-19), GEORGE (08-07-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,828 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Itslittyofc View Post
    If your stuck you can always do what I did, ask the talk! I Got talked through how to set them up, had one problem but that was all because I got ahead of myself and put the wires the wrong way around before asking anyone. One of the talkers actually noticed it and told me, Invisible Sun also helped although I had finished putting em together when they came online I’m pretty bad with wiring etc, but the lights were definitely worth the confusion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I always like to try myself first but with electrics I'm nervous. I will be sure to hit up the talk if needed and thank you for taking the time to comment

4. The Following User Says Thank You to curiouscultivator For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-07-19)

Thanks

One more question I am afraid it appears on the invisible sun website that one of the DIY custom rigs comes with the option of the lm301h chipset rather than lm301b.

I have been unable to find a comparison of these two but going by computer parts surely the h is newer and maybe better (I read somewhere about light efficacy being greater on h but this is beyond me).

Can you tell me if you have any plans to release the 530 Pro xl (or a similar setup for 1.2mx1.2m) with the lm301h?

What I don't want to do is get the lm301b version and then by August a version with the lm301h is released (assuming it is better!).

Sorry for being a pain but I want to ensure I don't buy a 486 right before a pentium is released (now I'm showing my slight age! Computer analogy)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to curiouscultivator For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-07-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,190 Times

The next set of boards will be the ISH272R
    256 x lm301h and 16 x lh351h reds

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Invisible_Sun For This Useful Post:

Benson123 (08-06-19), curiouscultivator (04-06-19), GEORGE (08-07-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible_Sun View Post
    The next set of boards will be the ISH272R
    256 x lm301h and 16 x lh351h reds

You legend on your quick replies. Forgive my counter with quick questions! Any idea on release date and will you be taking pre order? I assume x2 of that kit for 1.2m2 would be needed. Any idea on the price?

(you have been really helpful! So please feel free to reply with "soon" and "to be announced" as I imagine this sort of info may not be public)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,190 Times

The full equivalent kit rrp will be around £300ish and is due in the next couple of weeks

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Invisible_Sun For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (04-06-19), GEORGE (08-07-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible_Sun View Post
    The full equivalent kit rrp will be around £300ish and is due in the next couple of weeks

Amazing! Hit me up a pm if you can set up a preorder. Otherwise I will wait with eager anticipation, sweaty palms and my bank card in hand

13. The Following User Says Thank You to curiouscultivator For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-07-19)

Thanks

Hey all,

Just want to say I've upgraded half my tent with one of the 265 pro xl kits. I hope to have the other half as soon as my car flies through its mot (fingers crossed lol).

Even after 8 hours I am amazed at how much better they are when compared to the '300w' Chinese crap and '600'w vipra spectra I had been using (still got the vipra up for the other quarter of the tent I am using).

Order to delivery was really quick and it arrived in a plain box with fragile on the tape (and I think the sun logo ) still discreet though! The website clearly states if you are no good with electrical stuff get someone competent. Well... I am not great let's put it that way but after other users comments I thought I would give it a shot.

One suggestion for personal users benefit it might be handy to have a basic wiring diagram in the box for each spec kit. I found the one for the 265h on the website and took my lead from that (picture below please laugh but if its wrong and a hazard let me know pretty please). There is also a handy video that shows the basic wiring of one of the kits too on their website.

Took me about an hour overall to make sure I was 'happy' with the wiring (once again please let me know if incorrect!) and then after that about 30-45 mins to actually do it. I needed a screwdriver and a little tiny spanner. Wire cutters and trimmers and errrr... Less smoke from the sounds of it!

Anyone put off by the wiring side of things, it really is like wiring a plug level difficulty (without the instructions on the front of the plug which are like a crazy fire risk surely lol). Quick search on here can find some other people's wiring diagrams and my 'masterpiece' is below - please don't copy it until some nice fellow below confirms it's OK!

Thank you invisible sun! Hope to order again soon! By the way, I couldn't get the free gift code to work but it might have been the model I ordered not being valid.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to curiouscultivator For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-07-19), WF420 (07-07-19)

Thanks

Oh one other thing that someone might be able to help or confirm before I start messing with things I don't know.

So, is this driver dimmable? I think it might be and I think it's behind the rubber seal that says io adj in the bottom right. Do I just use a little screwdriver in there to turn it up and down?

If so, can I do this with the lights on or should I turn it off, adjust then back on again?

Thanks for your help all

Edit oops pic

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to curiouscultivator For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-07-19), WF420 (07-07-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,402 Times

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscultivator View Post
    Oh one other thing that someone might be able to help or confirm before I start messing with things I don't know.

So, is this driver dimmable? I think it might be and I think it's behind the rubber seal that says io adj in the bottom right. Do I just use a little screwdriver in there to turn it up and down?

If so, can I do this with the lights on or should I turn it off, adjust then back on again?

Thanks for your help all

Edit oops pic
    Hoping to order the 530 kit of these, pukka lights mate

Youre right about the adjustment screw being being the IO cap, not sure on whether it should be done with light turned off or not though... id say so to air on the side of caution

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WF420 For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (07-07-19), GEORGE (08-07-19)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast