Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Few issues help me get these back happy

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,866 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Stickysticky View Post
    I have roots showing out of the top of the coco could that be causing them to be like this by any chance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No mate that ain't the issue....You can have roots at the top but not at the middle or bottom, without a decent root occupancy the medium can become boggy, stagnant depleted of oxygen which can cause the plants to droop...By letting the medium dry out the oxygen levels return and the plant recovers if that's the issue...Sometimes it's just a process of elimination....If they don't perk up when the medium dries then we can look elsewhere for the issue...The lack of transpiration and or high humidity can also cause drooping which is why I suggested improving the ventilation...Are these fabric pots your using ? You could try cutting the pot at the bottom and see if the roots are well established but letting them dry will save vandalizing the pots...This is why I prefer air-pots you can just unwrap them to investigate any potential root issues....

Regards BL

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (02-06-19), Easy-T (02-06-19), GEORGE (03-06-19), Herbitual (02-06-19), Ironman (02-06-19), scoobywho (02-06-19), Stickysticky (02-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,502 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Lightyear View Post
    No mate that ain't the issue....You can have roots at the top but not at the middle or bottom, without a decent root occupancy the medium can become boggy, stagnant depleted of oxygen which can cause the plants to droop...By letting the medium dry out the oxygen levels return and the plant recovers if that's the issue...Sometimes it's just a process of elimination....If they don't perk up when the medium dries then we can look elsewhere for the issue...The lack of transpiration and or high humidity can also cause drooping which is why I suggested improving the ventilation...Are these fabric pots your using ? You could try cutting the pot at the bottom and see if the roots are well established but letting them dry will save vandalizing the pots...This is why I prefer air-pots you can just unwrap them to investigate potential root issues....

Regards BL
    If they were going to perk up after a feed how long would it take do you reckon ?

Yess fabric I think there is roots at the bottom and the are trying to push through Im going to cut a hole see what I find

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Stickysticky For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (02-06-19), Easy-T (02-06-19), GEORGE (03-06-19), Ironman (02-06-19), scoobywho (02-06-19)

Thanks

Tell you what....Mix a fresh batch of water/feed solution just A&B, Ec @ 1.0 and pH to 6.0....Give each plant a proper drench about 5 litres each this will re-oxygenated the medium and they should perk up in a hour or two...If they don't then allow them to dry for a couple of days as I suggested before and see where you go from there.

Regards BL

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

Easy-T (02-06-19), GEORGE (03-06-19), IceCalibur (02-06-19), Ironman (02-06-19), scoobywho (02-06-19), Stickysticky (02-06-19)

Thanks

Tell you what....Mix a fresh batch of water/feed solution just A&B, Ec @ 1.0 and pH to 6.0....Give each plant a proper drench about 5 litres each this will re-oxygenated the medium and they should perk up in a hour or two...If they don't then allow them to dry for a couple of days as I suggested before and see where you go from there.

Regards BL
    Sorry if I've been a pain

Right I've done that

EC 1.0
    PH 6.0

17ml of a+b in 10 litres

Each plant 5 litres each

All check back in hour or 2

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Stickysticky For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (02-06-19), GEORGE (03-06-19), IceCalibur (02-06-19), Ironman (02-06-19), scoobywho (02-06-19)

Thanks

Right I've done that

EC 1.0
    PH 6.0

17ml of a+b in 10 litres

Each plant 5 litres each

All check back in hour or 2

Either way that's a nice little mini flush can only be a good thing

Regards BL

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-06-19), IceCalibur (02-06-19), Ironman (02-06-19), Stickysticky (02-06-19)

Thanks

Your not being a pain we are here to help...Look forward to the update mate

Regards BL

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

Easy-T (02-06-19), GEORGE (03-06-19), IceCalibur (02-06-19), Ironman (02-06-19), scoobywho (02-06-19), Stickysticky (02-06-19)

Thanks

Default Few issues help me get these back happy

Your not being a pain we are here to help...Look forward to the update mate

Regards BL
    I reckon they have perked up to be honest not sure if one is still a tad droopy but big improvements in my eyes, let me know and where do you think I should go from here ?
    The feed you told me to give was pretty much identical to what they were getting but without the rhizotonic so it looks like they perk up after feed, does this mean I should try watering twice a day if possible, just let me know what you think mate

Before and after pics below on thing is the lighting is different

Before

After

Before

After

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Stickysticky For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (02-06-19), curiouscultivator (02-06-19), Easy-T (02-06-19), GEORGE (03-06-19), Tavish (02-06-19)

Thanks

Good to see they responded this tells me there was deffo a lack of oxygen in the rhizosphere the only other thing it could be is root rot I doubt it will be rot though...Have you noticed any dodgy smell in the runoff kind of like eggy ?

How much was you watering each plant before, volume in litres ? How much runoff was you achieving ?

Regards BL

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-06-19), RASTA (02-06-19), Stickysticky (02-06-19)

Thanks

Good to see they responded this tells me there was deffo a lack of oxygen in the rhizosphere the only other thing it could be is root rot I doubt it will be rot though...Have you noticed any dodgy smell in the runoff kind of like eggy ?

How much was you watering each plant before, volume in litres ? How much runoff was you achieving ?

Regards BL
    Well as run off was getting less with me running more watts (more heat) and the plants getting bigger I had to up the amount they were getting but Last 4-5 days I'd say they were getting 15 liters between the 4 so roughly 3.75 litres each (they are in 12 litre pots) I don't know how much run off but was easily clearing 20 percent I know that

Never ever noticed a eggy smell, my nose ain't the best mind but I vet vac the run off up and sometimes don't empty it til the next day but I'm sure when opening the vet vac I would defiantly notice a eggy smell if it was there

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stickysticky For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (02-06-19), GEORGE (03-06-19)

Thanks

Well as run off was getting less with me running more watts (more heat) and the plants getting bigger I had to up the amount they were getting but Last 4-5 days I'd say they were getting 15 liters between the 4 so roughly 3.75 litres each (they are in 12 litre pots) I don't know how much run off but was easily clearing 20 percent I know that

Never ever noticed a eggy smell, my nose ain't the best mind but I vet vac the run off up and sometimes don't empty it til the next day but I'm sure when opening the vet vac I would defiantly notice a eggy smell if it was there

Bang some fresh pics up in a couple of hours if you can mate and I'll give you my final thoughts and give you a water/feed schedule to follow...

Regards BL

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-06-19), Greengrass (03-06-19), Herbitual (02-06-19), scoobywho (02-06-19), Stickysticky (02-06-19)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast