Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Need some opinions.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,883 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Cannabug View Post
    Hi mate u mentioned it's a top floor flat. You've got the upper hand here imo
    Vent it to the loft would be my route of choice
    If your flat is like mine what I rent out then you might have ventilation points from a bathroom? Will only b 4” if you have but could use that if you have one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Done420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (06-06-19), RASTA (06-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 9,218 Times

If the loft hatch happens to be in the shared hallway
    Glue it an any workmen tries to get up tell them your waiting on pest control coming out.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cannabug For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (06-06-19), RASTA (06-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 59,501 Times

Quote Originally Posted by CityDweller View Post
    If the cupboard is small then it might not be a good idea to vent into a small closed space. That might reduce airflow and increase risk of condensation. Blowing into open air makes the most sense to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    Do you have a loft space? Either that or living room, agree with CityDweller on small cupboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy-T View Post
    Can you not vent into the room and pull cool air in through the vent

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk
    Pulling air in from outside is asking for trouble as too unstable mate, much better pulling the stable internal air into the groom IMO
    Quote Originally Posted by Done420 View Post
    How is the air unstable ?

Certain time of the year if you don’t have roof vents then venting into loft space will cause condensation

How is outside air unstable.... Humidity swings, temperature swings, Internal air is regulated.
    The cupboard I thought about blowing the hot air into is in the hall. These cupboard doors have slats full length of door. A bit like the wall vent in the picture I posted. So the air would easily escape into my hall.
    As for my intake....temps inside the groom would dictate where I draw that cool air from.
    So once I am set up...that will be another thing to think about lol

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RASTA For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (06-06-19), Easy-T (06-06-19), GEORGE (06-06-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scoobywho View Post
    Rasta yae lifted the grill to get a look mate just incase it's a straight air brick. How bigs the extraction hose?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    If you do go out the window buy one of these dont look half as sus as a foil hose lol.

Thats cool, yeah some dude here a while back got a knock coz of ducting at a window lol
    See its hit n miss a hang ma tumble dryer hose out the back window because av no vent but it always makes me nervous lol.

I didn't bother taking the vent grill off. A looked on the side of building first....and couldn't see an air brick or nuffing. Looks like its leading straight upto the chimney thats on the roof.
    I actually spotted that wee connecter thing....if a do go straight out window, al deffo be getting that.
    Quote Originally Posted by WhIpLaSh View Post
    The poor guy in question happened to be black with dreadlocks...yeah, exactly

----------------------------------------------------
    RDWC diary under IS quantum boards (mentored by British green) https://bit.ly/2VjQGYy
    Red flag straight away pmsl.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RASTA For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (06-06-19), GEORGE (06-06-19), scoobywho (06-06-19), WhIpLaSh (06-06-19)

Thanks

If the loft hatch happens to be in the shared hallway
    Glue it an any workmen tries to get up tell them your waiting on pest control coming out.
    Hi mate u mentioned it's a top floor flat. You've got the upper hand here imo
    Vent it to the loft would be my route of choice
    There's a loft hatch m8...but its in the close up above my house door and the neighbours house door. There's a yale lock on it which I don't have a key for. And I doubt the neighbour has access to this loft either. It would be my preferred choice to vent extraction up there too...but too risky for me a think?
    Quote Originally Posted by Done420 View Post
    If your flat is like mine what I rent out then you might have ventilation points from a bathroom? Will only b 4” if you have but could use that if you have one

That's the thing m8....not one ventilation point. In the kitchen or bathroom

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RASTA For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (06-06-19), Easy-T (06-06-19), GEORGE (06-06-19), scoobywho (06-06-19)

Thanks

Thanks every1 for chipping in with your thoughts on this. Its half the battle hearing ideas from like minded people.
    Least al know who to blame, whichever option I go with

But this won't be setup for at least a few more weeks. Just trying to plan ahead the now.

Peace

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RASTA For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (06-06-19), Dr Green (06-06-19), Easy-T (06-06-19), GEORGE (06-06-19), scoobywho (06-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,994 Times

If you do vent into the house mate you could hook this up to your exhaust.

What you do is fill it with water/ice a frozen bottle even, and it makes the humid air condense in the box. There no way a plant pumps out as much damp air as a tumble dryer so it should work pretty decent a reckon mate. Might stop damp/mold on the walls I used one for ages before I moved the dryer.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to scoobywho For This Useful Post:

Dr Green (06-06-19), GEORGE (06-06-19), kbag (06-06-19), RASTA (06-06-19)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8