Thread: Adding C02

Thanks

Default Adding C02

has anyone added c02 and seen much benefits in comparison without ? are there any brands you can recommend?

what stage do you add C02 at? I know plants can take 5x more C02 than is in the atmosphere, but how effective is then when your extracting a lot of that air anyway?

also everything else has to be dialed in i.e. temp, humidity, watering/ feeding.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spooky For This Useful Post:

G' (08-06-19), GEORGE (04-06-19)

Thanks

CO2 typically requires a sealed room to keep the CO2 levels up. With higher CO2 levels, you can use warmer temps and get faster growth, although I don't think potency is affected much. CO2 needs to be turned off at night or it can kill off the young plants. A lot of growers in the States use CO2 and seem to have good results with it, but it also seems like it has a lot of potential problems until you get proficient. A good way to get CO2 during the fall is if you can work out a deal with a cool wine maker... the yeast produces a lot of CO2 during fermentation and it's free!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jimster For This Useful Post:

G' (08-06-19), GEORGE (04-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,620 Times

I personally think if you have a powerful extraction system co2 is a waist of time and money, i haven't used it for a long time and haven't missed it nor have the plants, cheers, G'.
    FIGHTING FOR PEACE IS LIKE FU#@ING FOR VIRGINITY

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to G' For This Useful Post:

foopa (01-07-19), GEORGE (09-06-19), Valentina (27-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,776 Times

Quote Originally Posted by G' View Post
    I personally think if you have a powerful extraction system co2 is a waist of time and money
    As Jimster says above, the only way you will benefit from CO2 is through a sealed grow room & at that point you are looking at quite advanced growing....
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

G' (12-06-19), GEORGE (09-06-19), spooky (27-06-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    As Jimster says above, the only way you will benefit from CO2 is through a sealed grow room & at that point you are looking at quite advanced growing....
    Yeah certainly not what I am looking for then.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to spooky For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-06-19)

Thanks

I've seen some sort of bag you shove in your grow room that produces small amounts of co2, works off microbes? Cheap too if I remember rightly. I'd put it as far away from my extraction filter as I could though.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to The Gatherer For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-07-19)

Thanks

If you are extracting to outside then it's a waste of time. CO2 requires a sealed closed loop grow room. Put your money into replacing the bulbs more often.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Switch2 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-07-19)