Thread: When to give autos nutrients

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,297 Times

Default When to give autos nutrients

My rqs blue cheese auto is 22 days old now and seems to be looking ok this is my first grow and I’ve already lost a rqs quick one that got to 28 days old and died as I didn’t know what was wrong and the camera on the phone I’m using for pics is crap so nobody could really help me as they can’t see any good pics, I also had 2 seed stockers nls that died a few days after coming through the soil, so as you can imagine I’m s******g it incase this one does, anyway I’m using plant magic supreme soil and I’m wondering if yus could give a rough idea of when to start nutrients thanks, the ones I’m using will be an all in one called organicus
    Cheers

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to scorpion For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (08-06-19), GEORGE (06-06-19), Greengrass (06-06-19), Trex (06-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,780 Times

I used to use 9.5L pots for my autos & generally would start feeding bloom after they had stretched... but there is no hard & fast rule...
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (08-06-19), GEORGE (06-06-19), Greengrass (06-06-19), scorpion (06-06-19), Stickysticky (06-06-19), Trex (06-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Well . For autos you want a very light airy soil . A nice seedling mix with about 1/4 added compost or worm castings . Them auto hate hot soil . And overwatering is killer #1 .

Both these two problems are the number one causes of failures with autos . From what ive seen and experienced first hand my first 2 runs 2 yrs ago .

That said . Plan for watering every 2-3days . Start by just adding enough to go around just passed the leafs footprint . Let that dry out a tad and do again .

No need for nutrients at all for at least 2-3 weeks .

In coco . Same thing for watering . You can give them a 2ml per L of root stim ( remo velokelp in my case . ) will give you a .2 and after then 2nd set of leaves you can start giving them a light .2 feed every couple of days . Works wonders for me . I start my seeds straight off in coco now days

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (06-06-19), Greengrass (06-06-19), scorpion (06-06-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    I used to use 9.5L pots for my autos & generally would start feeding bloom after they had stretched... but there is no hard & fast rule...
    Cheers m8 I know it’s difficult for people to help me coz the photos I take are crap quality, I don’t want to use my normal phone for taking them coz of all the eyes on our technology these days but I’m just gonna have to wait till I can get the funds to get a camera, I think I’ve asked this question before but can’t find it, I’ll have to start printing them off or something lol, the plant isn’t even that tall m8 3-4 inches I would say, so I can’t even tell if she should be bigger or bushier and I don’t know what stage she’s at so don’t know how high to have the mars 300w wannabe light, it’s like most of the things I’ve read up on the last year or two before starting has gone out my head now it’s time to use it lol
    Cheers

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scorpion For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (08-06-19), GEORGE (06-06-19), Greengrass (06-06-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trex View Post
    Well . For autos you want a very light airy soil . A nice seedling mix with about 1/4 added compost or worm castings . Them auto hate hot soil . And overwatering is killer #1 .

Both these two problems are the number one causes of failures with autos . From what ive seen and experienced first hand my first 2 runs 2 yrs ago .

That said . Plan for watering every 2-3days . Start by just adding enough to go around just passed the leafs footprint . Let that dry out a tad and do again .

No need for nutrients at all for at least 2-3 weeks .

In coco . Same thing for watering . You can give them a 2ml per L of root stim ( remo velokelp in my case . ) will give you a .2 and after then 2nd set of leaves you can start giving them a light .2 feed every couple of days . Works wonders for me . I start my seeds straight off in coco now days

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    Cheers m8 I didn’t see ur reply when I replied to M_C, I’m using plant magic soil and the plant Looks ok I wasn’t sure about watering so I’ve just been giving a bit around it a couple of times a day with a bottle and the lid has been pierced a few times so only a bit can come out
    Cheers

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scorpion For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (08-06-19), GEORGE (06-06-19), Trex (06-06-19)