Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Do any powerful 'silent' inline fans exist?

Thanks

Similar boat. Confined space, and looking at best options right now to reduce noise. I like the idea of investing in a new fan but acoustic ducting does sounds nice. What puts me off is the outer diameter. I can live with the 4" ducting with the room, but wary of the larger outer sizes some can go up to

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to e11 For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (21-11-20), Gaz (11-06-19), GEORGE (10-06-19), Valentina (08-12-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 62,510 Times

If you cant accommodate the accoustic ducting then my advice would be a lower powered option as suggested by M_C at the beginning of this thread and construct your own silencing box. The whooshing of a powerful fan is considerable.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (21-11-20), GEORGE (11-06-19), Valentina (17-06-19)

Thanks

I run a td silent 250/100, the fan itself is by design, pretty dam quiet, I only know it's running by looking at the blue light flash on my Eco-technics controller.
    The air pulling through the filter makes a louder noise than the fan.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to .Nixon. For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (21-11-20), Gaz (11-06-19), GEORGE (11-06-19), Tyrionblue (08-12-20), Valentina (08-12-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by .Nixon. View Post
    I run a td silent 250/100, the fan itself is by design, pretty dam quiet, I only know it's running by looking at the blue light flash on my Eco-technics controller.
    The air pulling through the filter makes a louder noise than the fan.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    I can second that. Just got myself a TD 250/100 and it runs like a dream we'll worth the extra bit of money, that much so I'm debating getting rid of my rvk and speed controller, I think those 2 come to roughly the same price of a silent TD, the fan I was using for intake before sounded like a fighter yet was flying in my groom, had to go after a day. The TD silents are fucking amazing from what I have seen couldn't be happier, deffo looking into one for extraction as my rvk hums like a bitch with the speed controller and not a cheap one.. I think the acoustic ducting really helps too would also recommend spending a little extra in that area

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to UkMedicalGrower For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (21-11-20), GEORGE (21-11-20), Tyrionblue (08-12-20), Valentina (08-12-20)

Thanks

my 6" rvk fan runs dead silent ( used 8" accoustic ducting, 2 x 6" to 8" reducer) and made a long large box 12" x 12" x 2ft long and filled it with eathwall and screwed it shut to cover the fan, filter to fan runs 1m and fan out runs 3m

you can hear the 8" filter when I open the door but a small desktop fan
    makes more noise.
    Last edited by groweasy; 21-11-20 at 05:53 PM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to groweasy For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-11-20), Valentina (08-12-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UkMedicalGrower View Post
    I can second that. Just got myself a TD 250/100 and it runs like a dream we'll worth the extra bit of money, that much so I'm debating getting rid of my rvk and speed controller, I think those 2 come to roughly the same price of a silent TD, the fan I was using for intake before sounded like a fighter yet was flying in my groom, had to go after a day. The TD silents are fucking amazing from what I have seen couldn't be happier, deffo looking into one for extraction as my rvk hums like a bitch with the speed controller and not a cheap one.. I think the acoustic ducting really helps too would also recommend spending a little extra in that area
    Do you not still need the controller when using a silent TD or is the main reason for a controller to help reduce the noise?
    Last edited by Tyrionblue; 08-12-20 at 12:34 AM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tyrionblue For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-12-20), Valentina (08-12-20)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3