Thread: Defective QB Quantum Board LED by Rita/ Shenzhen Meijiu & Warranty Refused

Thanks

Default Defective QB Quantum Board LED by Rita/ Shenzhen Meijiu & Warranty Refused

Sharing my bad experience here as well. Its pretty much copy/paste from other forums. Hope it helps the Talk community!

What Happened?
    I bought 2×800 FOTOP V1 full kits from Meijiu and received them in July 2018.

In March 2019, I purchased 1×800 FOTOP V2 kit and 2×25W Supplement Red Bars

Important to note that I drive my boards at only around 50% of max power. With heatsinks no less. So they should last longer than others.

In May 2019, one diode from the new 800 FOTOP V2 board went out. I was compensated for the full amount of the board at $125 since they prefer a refund over replacements. That was cool although it demonstrates lack of confidence in their own product. Shipping was not even mentioned so its not that, as I'd be cool with paying shipping.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EAC928BB-1267-4A36-9ADA-2331DD55D0A8.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	99.9 KB 
ID:	373135

Name:	23E0E2BB-218D-4A30-8CD9-4B664AACF5A7.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	66.9 KB 
ID:	373136
    In early June 2019, one of the older 800 FOTOP V1 boards had an entire string go dim and then subsequently went all out.

Name:	61ED7E8A-2A3C-454E-8713-DEBFA535D5BE.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	102.1 KB 
ID:	373137

Name:	549D0A01-3F72-4DEA-A5BA-DC08EE628290.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	98.7 KB 
ID:	373138
    I felt it had been more than a year so I contacted Rita. True enough, she said there is nothing she can do if its over a year. I checked records and found that its within a year and contacted her back.

I was told that I'm the ONLY one with issues. A quick check on forums showed me more. I showed her pics i found online and she had nothing to say.

However, after waiting 4 days, she returned with a ridiculous math equation that divides the price of the board by 12 and refunding me $6! I still don't see the logic behind this equation unless they are admitting that their products only lasts 12 months! This was very different from the first board.

Two boards well within warranty and with the same problem. However, they are handled VERY differently. Does not make any sense or logic! Other than a scammer's mentality.

Two boards from two separate purchases are defective! You cannot even claim a bad batch as the culprit anymore! Yet, they try to wiggle out of warranty! Don't they have any sense of shame?

Their Logic?
    Firstly, they said I've used the board for 11 months. Its actually less than that but whatever! Hence the calculation. But why wasnt the first defective board subjected to this calculation? Warranty is not the same as depreciation! One minute within warranty is still the same warranty unless otherwise specified, which they did not!

The best part is they asked me if Apple will honor the warranty in the same situation? Hell yes!

Then they tried to blame it on humidity but these are plant Grow Lights for petes sake! They transpire! Hello? Any decent grow light can withstand some humidity, as long as you don't spray on them! Besides, humidity cannot explain why I have both new and old boards going out? Shouldn't it be the old ones crapping out first? The only 100% good board I have now is an old V1 board sitting right in the middle, where it is most humid among all areas of my space. So....load of BS as well!

Seems like they didn't even bother coming up with a better excuse!

Rita literally told me she has hundreds of customers and I am free to say whatever I want! She was the sweetest gal before my board had issues!

Lastly, out of desperation, she accused me of fraud. Big mistake. I actually wish I'm technical enough to create that defect intentionally. Cos I'd be able to repair it. Unfortunately, me along with 99% of growers are not! But that really pissed me off!

Conclusion
    I take back ALL my recommendations on Meijiu and their products. Shit can happen with any company's products but as long as they stand behind it, I'm totally cool. Its when you try to wiggle out of warranty and try to accuse me of fraud that I have to retaliate.

I only paid $80 for the board so its really not about the money. It can be cheaply replaced with strips. Some nutes costs even more and as growers, we easily spend thousands on our setup. So $80 is not even worth my time writing this! I could be growing more plants!

Besides, I have no reason to get this worked up because the lights are still very much usable. I lose a couple watts here and there but it should not matter much. The reason for this is a)She accused me of fraud and b)I don't want anyone else falling victim based on my past recommendations and c)No one likes to see scammers getting away with stuff.

There is absolutely no language barrier as I was communicating in their native tongue, which I'm fluent in.

Its obvious that Shenzhen Meijiu Lighting Co., Ltd. has serious quality consistency issues. Firstly, they don't like to replace cos its the same shitty stuff so why replace? Second, they seem very experienced in handling warranty issues that they have a protocol to follow. They will first make it look like its your fault and offer you $20 to shut you up. Then depending on how persistent you are, they will negotiate accordingly. Mostly will make you wait and give up. If you're like me, they come back to you with a math formula to pay you $6 lol! They can keep it!

I also had an exploding dimmer that I did absolutely nothing to, as well as a bad plug. So quality control does not seem like their strong suit! They buy their dimmers at less than $8 and sells it to us at $16. I would expect better QC than that at such profit margin. Needless to say, I bought my own replacement as they would not honor the warranty. Fun fact, I bought my replacement at half price from their supplier! Lol

I will not recommend them or buy from them anymore. In fact, I will recommend the direct opposite! Dirty buggers if you ask me!

Name:	A7F51538-38DA-4CF7-8499-F09D3CF966D7.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	74.2 KB 
ID:	373139

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GrowGlow For This Useful Post:

AND (13-06-19), Easy-T (07-01-21), GEORGE (13-06-19), Greengrass (13-06-19), kbag (13-06-19), Valentina (13-06-19)

3. Default

GrowGlow, thank you for sharing your experience, the only thing I found strange was your last post with what looks like advertising images..is this some type of reverse psychology advertising that's all the rage these days? LOL

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Easy-T (07-01-21), GEORGE (13-06-19), GrowGlow (13-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,745 Times

You bought Chinese yet expect US style service?
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Benson123 (13-06-19), Easy-T (07-01-21), GEORGE (13-06-19), IceCalibur (13-06-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    GrowGlow, thank you for sharing your experience, the only thing I found strange was your last post with what looks like advertising images..is this some type of reverse psychology advertising that's all the rage these days? LOL
    Nope. It’s more of a continuation since I can post no more than a couple pics in a post. Newbie here. Not promotional but informational. Screenshots of said dirty vendor and its sales rep.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GrowGlow For This Useful Post:

Easy-T (07-01-21), GEORGE (13-06-19)

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by GrowGlow View Post
    Nope. It’s more of a continuation since I can post no more than a couple pics in a post. Newbie here. Not promotional but informational. Screenshots of said dirty vendor and its sales rep.
    Fair do's, seems it's been removed either way so all good, as said before though thanks for sharing your experience

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Easy-T (07-01-21), GEORGE (13-06-19), GrowGlow (13-06-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    Fair do's, seems it's been removed either way so all good, as said before though thanks for sharing your experience
    Thank you for the nice words! Really appreciate it!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GrowGlow For This Useful Post:

Easy-T (07-01-21), GEORGE (13-06-19), IceCalibur (13-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,745 Times

Quote Originally Posted by GrowGlow View Post
    Sorry mate but that is your opinion and one that the company in question could legally challenge... Thread closed!

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

AND (13-06-19), Easy-T (07-01-21), GEORGE (13-06-19), GrowGlow (13-06-19), IceCalibur (13-06-19)