Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Yellow Veins & Nutrient Burn

Thanks

Thanks and Greengrass you sir are clearly an expert grower and I will check out those seeds you mentioned when I next but some seeds. I think I have around 6 seeds left in my possession from a mixture of what my local "head shop" gave me to practice on which were left overs and they didn't know what strain they were (like Seed 23) and from an earlier purchase I made of Royal Queen Seeds, Northern Lights Auto.

With seed 23 will it become clear over the course of time, whether it is an auto or photo seed (i.e. will it stop growing unless I adjust the lights). Or is it a case of just trying to grow it, and what will be will be?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ibsey For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-06-19), Greengrass (26-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,454 Times

Quote Originally Posted by ibsey View Post
    Thanks and Greengrass you sir are clearly an expert grower and I will check out those seeds you mentioned when I next but some seeds. I think I have around 6 seeds left in my possession from a mixture of what my local "head shop" gave me to practice on which were left overs and they didn't know what strain they were (like Seed 23) and from an earlier purchase I made of Royal Queen Seeds, Northern Lights Auto.

With seed 23 will it become clear over the course of time, whether it is an auto or photo seed (i.e. will it stop growing unless I adjust the lights). Or is it a case of just trying to grow it, and what will be will be?
    No not expert grower mate, still after 3 years of growing I still hit problems mostly of my own making haha
    I try doing things differently each time to maximise and sometimes it goes tits up like overfeeding
    But I do know what you are going through with seedlings I was same at the start of my growing and these people at thctalk.Com and they turned me from packing in to self supply, now I get more from 2 plants than I was getting from 4-5 plants
    If you later on run into problems with the OT nutes like I did have a butchers at buddhas tree organicus 99 bottled feed, I've swapped from the old timers and my plants look a lot healthier for it
    Wish you well ibsey and stick with the talk cracking bunch here and will help at any stage your at
    Atvb pal
    Last edited by Greengrass; 26-06-19 at 06:16 PM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greengrass For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-06-19), ibsey (26-06-19)

Thanks

Thanks Greengrass and I intent to contribute more regularly to this forum over the coming weeks. Haven't been doing so up until now as I am currently busy trying to get a job suitable for a soon to be stoner (provided I get my plants to harvest ;-))

FYI I have just taken a picture of them now for you lot to give any feedback you (or others) can:

This is seed 22 (which has survived severe nute burn and stunned growth after day 7). This plant is now 18 days old and whilst it is very underdeveloped it is showing growing a small amout each day. Still not given this any nutes and not proposing to do so until week 4 (as I have 30% perlite so 30% less PM soil food).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1004.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	217.3 KB 
ID:	373749Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1004.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	217.3 KB 
ID:	373749

Below is seed 23 which is now 11 days old. I have not suffered any yellowness on this plant, or nute burn after placing a warm blanket under the pot (to help increase the soil temps..whilst my heat mat is delivered). Is this a normal size for an 11 day old seeding, because it seems a bit small to me?

Name:	DSCF1003.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	187.6 KB 
ID:	373750

Another view of seed 23, which is a bit stretchy, but rather have that then stunned plants (as I was getting before). If more experienced growers here think seed 23 is too small for an 11 day old seeding, would they recommend I move the LED lights a tad closer (i.e say 4 inches or so, as it is currently 3 feet from the plants). Or should I not do anything, and let the plant grow taller, and therefore into the optimal lighting zone as it were?

Name:	DSCF1002.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	179.1 KB 
ID:	373751

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ibsey For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-07-19)

Thanks

Apologies for the late response, I've been busy at work. below is an update:

Seed 22: This is now 29 days old, and has barely grown since my last post 11 days ago. This is despite the pot being over a heat mat, and the temps & humidity being perfect, and me only giving it water every 5 days (300 ml). Since it is now week 4 with this plant, I am going to give this it's FIRST feed with nutes unless anyone has any other ideas?

https://ibb.co/5Kjqzsh

Seed 23: This is now 22 days old, and also has barely grown since my last post 11 days ago. Again this seed has been getting a heat mat/ perfect temps & RH and a constant wet dry cycle. Since I have changed everything the only thing that I can think of that is causing my issue could be is the soil / and or putting the seed in such a large pot. But if that is the case, why did the seeding grow from days 1 - 7? My problems always start from day 8 onwards?

https://ibb.co/VJH6BPc

Seed 24: As the name suggests this is my 24th attempt (PLEASE HELP ME I AM DESPATE!) This is another northern lights auto from royal queen seeds (as I had brought a batch so have them to get through before I can buy Photo seeds), and as you can see this is starting off in a smaller pot, which completely FRESH soil, to see if that fixes my issue. My plan is only give it water every 5 days (300 ml) circled about 4 inches from the roots for the next few weeks. Please advise if you think this is wrong?

https://ibb.co/5YbWjww

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ibsey For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-07-19)

Thanks

Any more suggestions on what might be causing my issues would be greatly appreciated. By way of an update Seeds 22 & 23 have not grown at all since Thrusday (my last post here) but they are not dying. They just look the same as the photos I posted on 10/7/2019 this is despite me regually watering them and ensuring their enviorment is as perfect as possible. Since they are now both over 4 weeks I have given them a nute feeding (1/4 strength) on 10/7/2019 for seed 22 and today for seed 23. The feeding didn't do anything for Seed 22 (i.e. no more grow or nute burn) but I did notice seed 23 was a bit more yellow today hence why I feed it.

Meanwhile seed 24 growth is now starting to slow down (it is now 7 days old) and frankly I am starting to worry :-(

TBH I'm getting very depressed with all the hassle, time and cost i am encountering with these issues...and I'm not sure how much more I can take. Can anyone advise whether DWC grows are considered easier for beginners? As I have been doing EVERYTHING including my watering techinque now, by the book and still not getting any results. Frustrating does not even come close.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ibsey For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-07-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,614 Times

Probably not what you want to hear but if it was me, i'd scrap it all and start again....As you are probably aware, auto's have a very quick life cycle and being as stunted as they are at this stage, i think you've missed the window for optimum growth and they should already be in pre-flower stage by now. Just re-reading through this thread, I think the damage has already been done when they are seedlings,to be blunt, they've had too much flaffing about as seedlings,too much nutes too soon, too much adjusting this and too much adjusting that has messed up the balance of the soil. Ive never used root stims so cant comment about that but if i can remember since last using PM soil,it already has a root stimulated added? I really feel for you having this amount of problems over and over again, growing weed is stressful at times but its also alot of fun and i can see you're not enjoying it at all. I am by no means an expert and there are far more qualified people than me on this site but i can only give you my opinion. See what others have to say before you do anything but like i said,if it was me, i'd scrap the whole lot and start again keeping things as SIMPLE as possible. Germ the beans, plant them in fresh soil and add nothing but water until the girls are at least 4 weeks in. Best of luck whatever you decide,all the best...

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kurdt For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-07-19), ibsey (15-07-19)

Thanks

Just a quick note to say Seed 24 is now 12 days old and is already bigger than seed 22 & 23. I think the issue I had was having large pots which resulted in cold / damp soil for the roots.

Please to say all 3 seeds are growing now however seeds 22 & 23 are still tiny, to where they should be. Thanks everyone for your help :-)

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ibsey For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-07-19), Kurdt (20-07-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,614 Times

How the girls doing now,any updates?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Kurdt For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-08-19)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6