Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Yellow Veins & Nutrient Burn

Thanks

Default Yellow Veins & Nutrient Burn

Help please. 1st grow & I’m constantly getting this problem after only 1 week:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ywjbmCc.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	51.1 KB 
ID:	373214

If i continue just giving it water there is no further growth. But when I’ve tried feeding the seedings (even with less than ¼ strength amounts) I get nutrient burn FYI - I’m using Plant Magic Soil & read online it's a light mix so it needs feeding early on. Below are my details
    Strain: Northern Lights (Royal Queen Seeds)

Photo or Auto: auto

plant age: 7 days from breaking soil

pot size: 11L

has it been repotted? and when?: never

Medium: Plant Magic Soil 70% & Perlite 30%

Air temps (max min): 22-26 degrees C

humidity: around 60%

lighting type and wattage (hps, led, cfl): Mars Hydro 300W 600W LED Grow Light

Light schedule: 20/4

ph level: 6.5 (Average) & I’ve been monitoring my PH really closely.

feed schedule and nutes:
    they get fed when they show signs of yellowing (around 7 days after breaking the soil) with Plant Magic Oldtimer Grow, and Plant Magic biosilicon around ¼ strength amounts which still gives them nute burn. As I have been suffering this same problem for 4 months & gone through 20+ seeds in trying various cures (i.e. not feeding them / changing the PH levels etc). Therefore I am starting to think the problem may be related to the roots not uptaking the nutrients or how I am feeding them perhaps?

But I’m not sure how I could help the roots further as I have a fan giving them oxygen, and I’ve watched several you tube vids on how to feed the plants. So not sure what to do now. Please help!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ibsey For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (19-07-19), GEORGE (15-06-19), Greengrass (15-06-19)

Thanks

Plants a week old do NOT need fed. At this stage, they ae very fragile and adding anything to the soil could screw stuff up. You soil should have enough nutrients to get you into alternate vegetative growth... when they are really growing. Feeding then is fine, but you don't feed a newborn baby a pepperoni pizza...maybe a bite or two but you don't start force feeding until they get big enough to use it. I would stop adding anything and concentrate on letting the seedling grow without daily adjustments. Give a little water until it starts growing roots, then transplant into it's final growing container... if it survives.
    You need to re-think your approach if you have gone thru 20 plants already. I use Promix, 20% composted manure, and general purpose 20-20-20 fertilizer. The plants are big and no problems. I feed them once every 10-15 days and water daily once they get larger. The are planted from a sprouted seed directly into a 5 gallon bucket full of the Promix/manure mix. I use a MH/HPS combination. Plant the seed into a bucket of pre-watered Promix. Water around the area under the leaves, but not too much, just enough to settle it into the soil. It will chase the water as the roots grow. It might seem like it has stalled (sound familiar?), but will speed up once the roots are established. It's almost too easy... the hardest part is not messing with it, like adding this and that because you read somewhere that you NEED expensive stuff to be successful.
    #1...GO EASY ON THE FEED
    #2 Give PLENTY of light
    #3 Buy a BOOK to read when you get the urge to do something to the plants
    #4 Get a calendar to harvest in about 4-5 months (if you want 6-7 ft tall plants, SCROG is a lot faster)
    Patience is not only a virtue, it is the key to a good grow.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jimster For This Useful Post:

AND (15-06-19), C-Rex (23-06-19), curiouscultivator (19-07-19), GEORGE (15-06-19), Greengrass (15-06-19), Kurdt (15-06-19)

Thanks

Thanks for the response but everything I've read online about Plant Magic Superme (a UK soil) is it is a light mix, almost with no nutes in it. In fact that was one of the reasons it was recommended on other forums as people could add in their nutes. Which might explain why my seedings go yellow after 7 days despite me giving it only water.

With one of the 20 seeds used I tried not feeding it with any nutes and all that happened was the growth being stunned after 7 days despite me doing nothing on it for several days. I have also tried repotting (which isn't recommended for autos) but it seems stunned. How long should it take for the roots to become established?

I've also tried using different genetics as well - with the same problem?

Could it be anything else. i.e. how much water should I give it when watering after 7 days for example? Or loosing the soil after a watering to give the roots more oxygen?

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ibsey For This Useful Post:

AND (15-06-19), GEORGE (15-06-19), Greengrass (15-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,614 Times

Have done a few grows with plant magic soil, no need for nutes for at least 3-4 weeks!

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kurdt For This Useful Post:

AND (15-06-19), British green (15-06-19), GEORGE (15-06-19), Greengrass (15-06-19), ibsey (15-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

How often are you watering ?

They dont need too much water at this stage as it will encourage the roots to grow and seek out water. Over watering will cause lots of issues

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-06-19), Greengrass (15-06-19), Herbitual (15-06-19), ibsey (15-06-19), Kurdt (15-06-19), lipnobody (15-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 52,286 Times

Plant Magic is easily good enough for 4 weeks - 6 probably - without adding anything but water.
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/signaturepics/sigpic82640_3.gif

Neckbeard, cute dog, pansy-ass fuck* pursuing herb immunity since 1966

*TM. HazyClouds (RIP)

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Herbitual For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-06-19), Greengrass (15-06-19), ibsey (15-06-19), Kurdt (15-06-19), lipnobody (15-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 52,286 Times

BTW - what's your intake and extraction system?

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Herbitual For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-06-19), Greengrass (15-06-19), ibsey (15-06-19), Kurdt (15-06-19), lipnobody (15-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,454 Times

3 weeks old with nothing but water and still plenty of food to munch on in the plant magic soil matey Click image for larger version. 

Name:	515201995151.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	100.2 KB 
ID:	373216
    For the first week or so water through the leaves with high humidity
    And just 200ml of water a good few inches from the stem and you won't need to water for well over a week or more
    Last edited by Greengrass; 15-06-19 at 10:03 AM.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Greengrass For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-06-19), Herbitual (15-06-19), ibsey (15-06-19), Kurdt (15-06-19), lipnobody (15-06-19), weedjunkie420 (15-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,454 Times

Quote Originally Posted by ibsey View Post
    Thanks for the response but everything I've read online about Plant Magic Superme (a UK soil) is it is a light mix, almost with no nutes in it. In fact that was one of the reasons it was recommended on other forums as people could add in their nutes. Which might explain why my seedings go yellow after 7 days despite me giving it only water.

With one of the 20 seeds used I tried not feeding it with any nutes and all that happened was the growth being stunned after 7 days despite me doing nothing on it for several days. I have also tried repotting (which isn't recommended for autos) but it seems stunned. How long should it take for the roots to become established?

I've also tried using different genetics as well - with the same problem?

Could it be anything else. i.e. how much water should I give it when watering after 7 days for example? Or loosing the soil after a watering to give the roots more oxygen?
    When the seedling flies out of the soil and then stops for a week and its easy to think it's Stalled so must be doing something wrong but the reality is the seedling is very clever as it'll get just a few leaves out and slow down upper growth and then consentrate all its energy on what's going on under the dirt
    For the first week or two your growing roots not plants
    You have any root stimulant?
    Atb ibsey
    Last edited by Greengrass; 15-06-19 at 10:31 AM.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Greengrass For This Useful Post:

AND (15-06-19), GEORGE (15-06-19), ibsey (15-06-19), Kurdt (15-06-19), lipnobody (15-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,075 Times

have ya read this
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...owing-Problems

i have a suspect feeling its over watering along with too much feed!
    weve all been thu it, that feeling that you have to do something with them, as above you need to exercise patience n let them do their thing.
    have a read up on germination how tos n potting up with a mini dome to increase humidity n soil mixtures along with amendments that “charge” the soil which gives you nearly 6-7weeks of nute free hassle in which you only need water.
    research yer water background ph ec, along with the amount of water you are giving them, seedlings need little compared to 2ft plants. you should be watering every other day. see here
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-healthy-Roots

you are also running an led, ive no experience with these tho there is a few led gurus on here who have plenty of info takes a bitta snooping about but worth the read.
    skin it roll it lick it twist it.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lipnobody For This Useful Post:

AND (15-06-19), GEORGE (15-06-19), Greengrass (15-06-19), ibsey (15-06-19), Kurdt (15-06-19)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast