Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Yellow Veins & Nutrient Burn

Thanks

Thanks for all the responses & help guys I REALLY appreciate it. Not had a smoke for 6 months and all this hassle is killing me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AND View Post
    How often are you watering ?

They dont need too much water at this stage as it will encourage the roots to grow and seek out water. Over watering will cause lots of issues
    I was watering every couple of days, with only two shot glasses worth of water (administered via a spray bottle). Is that too much / to often?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ibsey For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-06-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Herbitual View Post
    BTW - what's your intake and extraction system?
    I've not set that up yet since I am only growing 2 plants at a time in a 2m / 1.6m / 1.6m tent, which I haven't got passed the 2 nodes stage yet (can't tell you how frustrating that is). I do however have a osilation fan blowing at the plants & to let in fresh air for the time being, I've opened the tent door up a bit (above the LED lights). Despite my tent door open a bit I have a constant temp of around 25 degrees and a constant humdity of 65/70%. If I shut the tent door the humidy can rise to 80%+

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ibsey For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-06-19), Greengrass (15-06-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Herbitual View Post
    BTW - what's your intake and extraction system?
    Just to expand on my last post...I've not fully set this up yet since I am only growing 2 plants at a time in a 2m / 1.6m / 1.6m tent, which I haven't got passed the 2 nodes stage yet (can't tell you how frustrating that is) so didn't think it was needed at this stage?

I do however have some intake via ducting from the tent to an outside window (to let outside air into the tent) and a osilating fan blowing at the plants. To out air for the time being, I've opened the tent door up a bit (above the LED lights). Despite my tent door open a bit I have a constant temp of around 25 degrees and a constant humdity of 65/70%. If I shut the tent door the humidy can rise to 80%+. Do you think setting up the extraction system immediately would help my problem?

The reason I have not done so far is because I've being trying to read up on nute decifiences and what this issue may be. But by this stage I will try anything that may help.

Cheers :-)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ibsey For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrass View Post
    3 weeks old with nothing but water and still plenty of food to munch on in the plant magic soil matey Attachment 373216
    For the first week or so water through the leaves with high humidity
    And just 200ml of water a good few inches from the stem and you won't need to water for well over a week or more

Thanks & will follow your advice :-)

Just to clarify watering through the leaves means spraying the water onto the leaves?

Also would over watering cause the yellow veins? as seen in the 1st picture?

Finally after you've watered do you loosen up the soil as it seems to saturate down?

Cheers

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ibsey For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrass View Post
    You have any root stimulant?
    Atb ibsey
    Initially I only used Plant Magic bio silicone with the Plant Magic grow (with the bio silicone added first). However I thought the problem may be down to the roots not getting enough oxygen, so I started to add plant magic root stimulator & the Plant Magic granuales when potting up.

I'm too new to post a link to the thread but there is a thread here I've been following called using plant magic nutes and soil advice

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ibsey For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,614 Times

With my grows,ive always kept things as simple as they can be. After germ'ing the seeds in papertowles, i just plant them in the soil and water small amounts every couple of days, ive never fed anything until at least early flower which is generally 4 week-ish. The old saying on here ''less is more'' is so true....I know you say you are only growing 1 plant so havnt got an extractor system or carbon filter but you are planing on getting one later,right? Even with one plant you are going to get smells,like stink your whole house out smells,no kidding...

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kurdt For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-06-19), Greengrass (15-06-19), ibsey (15-06-19), lipnobody (15-06-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kurdt View Post
    With my grows,ive always kept things as simple as they can be. After germ'ing the seeds in papertowles, i just plant them in the soil and water small amounts every couple of days, ive never fed anything until at least early flower which is generally 4 week-ish. The old saying on here ''less is more'' is so true....I know you say you are only growing 1 plant so havnt got an extractor system or carbon filter but you are planing on getting one later,right? Even with one plant you are going to get smells,like stink your whole house out smells,no kidding...

Yes I have already brought an extractor system & carbon filter (Rhino Hobby 4 inch) but just haven't gotten around to installing it yet. Not least because I have been trying to research & figure out what the problem is with the plants. Will try the no nutes for 4 weeks method and let you know how it goes. When I tried not giving any nutes with a different seedbank (Auto #1) there didn't seem to be progress even after 2 weeks and the leaves remained yellow. After which I put them out in the sun (hoping that would help). But that only burnt them to death. :-(

But I am now using the more expensive Royal Queen Seeds, and based on everyone else' feedback here I will give it 3-4 weeks without any nutes and see how it goes. At this point I don't care about yield, I just want to spark up a smoke.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ibsey For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-06-19), Greengrass (15-06-19), Kurdt (15-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,454 Times

Quote Originally Posted by ibsey View Post
    Thanks & will follow your advice :-)

Just to clarify watering through the leaves means spraying the water onto the leaves?

Also would over watering cause the yellow veins? as seen in the 1st picture?

Finally after you've watered do you loosen up the soil as it seems to saturate down?

Cheers
    Heya ibsey at only day 21 do I give a full pot water when the roots are established and that's when my soil settles down after that they can handle it, this way lack of oxygen isn't a problem
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5152019163217.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	83.5 KB 
ID:	373245
    Just a quick (ish) run through of what I do from start, other members may do it differently
    First I slightly damp the soil where the seed will go
    When the seedling has shown I'll water roughly 200-300ml with root stim in a circle about 4-5 inches away from the stem, you won't need to water again for atleast a week, and never water near the stem ever
    After that make some domes from anything
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5152019161237.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	55.2 KB 
ID:	373246 and just spray inside the domes every few hours, if your going to spray the leaves just do the underside as droplets on the top act as a magnifying glass

If your RH is high like 70-80% your seedling will take its moisture in through the leaves leaving the roots to go looking for that water we put in away from the stem earlier
    Don't point your fan directly at the plant just yet as this can dry out the leaf faster and cause twisting
    I keep my temps high 27-28 and very humid
    Also to help my pots dry evenly I've drilled holes around the side of the pot (works for me)
    Like I say some do it differently but this way works for me
    Good luck mate
    Last edited by Greengrass; 15-06-19 at 05:05 PM.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Greengrass For This Useful Post:

AND (15-06-19), GEORGE (15-06-19), ibsey (15-06-19), Kurdt (15-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,454 Times

Oh and don't go thinking "surely the roots won't be getting anything to drink at 5 inches away"
    The water will spread out once it gets under the surface so don't go worrying
    If you water the stem the roots will go "fuck it why go searching if it's all here"
    You'd be the same if you had a cooker and a fridge next to your bed
    Easiest killer of seedlings is over watering
    And you let your tap water stand for 24 hours airing off any nasty chlorine and get it to grow room temperature before you give to a plant too cold can shock it but easy to forget to do
    Keep us updated mate or if you pop more beans in

Bigger roots bigger fruits
    Last edited by Greengrass; 15-06-19 at 06:02 PM.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Greengrass For This Useful Post:

AND (15-06-19), GEORGE (15-06-19), Kurdt (15-06-19), lipnobody (15-06-19)

Thanks

Many thanks for that really useful guide, which I shall try and follow as closely as possible and will keep this forum updated as to my progress in a few days.

Is it a 1/4 strength Root Stim you add when the seedling is showing?

And when you spray inside the dome is it just a few squirts in the air (or underneath the leaves)?

I've also had my fans blowing at the root zone, and consequently the plant. Which after reading your post has made me think, perhaps that has added to my leaves looking a bit dry (although no twisting). So I will move the fan as well so they are just pointing at the root zone.

Thanks once again, really appreciate everyone's help. Can't express how happy I will be once I get through this (problematic) first grow.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ibsey For This Useful Post:

AND (15-06-19), GEORGE (15-06-19), Greengrass (15-06-19)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast