Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Yellow Veins & Nutrient Burn

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,075 Times

Quote Originally Posted by ibsey View Post
    Many thanks for that really useful guide, which I shall try and follow as closely as possible and will keep this forum updated as to my progress in a few days.

Is it a 1/4 strength Root Stim you add when the seedling is showing?

And when you spray inside the dome is it just a few squirts in the air (or underneath the leaves)?

I've also had my fans blowing at the root zone, and consequently the plant. Which after reading your post has made me think, perhaps that has added to my leaves looking a bit dry (although no twisting). So I will move the fan as well so they are just pointing at the root zone.

Thanks once again, really appreciate everyone's help. Can't express how happy I will be once I get through this (problematic) first grow.
    youve no needfor the fans just yet, best bet would be to bounce it off a wall, rather than directly at the wee uns
    skin it roll it lick it twist it.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lipnobody For This Useful Post:

Gaz (22-06-19), GEORGE (15-06-19), Greengrass (15-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,454 Times

I use the PM root stim same as you and 2.5ml a litre, I just followed the bottle on that one
    You can spray the stimulant aswell
    As for spraying mate I spray the inside of the dome to get droplets formed
    But only spray the seedling itself once or twice a day at most, you just really want to keep the leaf from drying out but encourages it to go looking for water aswell
    By all means you can give the surface of the soil near the stem and also around the pot a very light spray thatll help keep humidy up around the seedling aswell without soaking down
    With auto's you gotta get them roots spread around that pot quick sharp mate because when flowering comes around week 4 root development will slow down and that can govern what you get back from up top
    All just my own opinion mate many might think I'm talking shite though but that's what's mint about the talk mate lots of people experiences at the touch of a button
    Chin up
    Forgot about the fan pointing at the wall cheers lips
    Last edited by Greengrass; 15-06-19 at 06:33 PM.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greengrass For This Useful Post:

Gaz (22-06-19), GEORGE (15-06-19), lipnobody (15-06-19)

Thanks

Many thanks for that really useful guide, which I shall try and follow as closely as possible and will keep this forum updated as to my progress in a few days.

Is it a 1/4 strength Root Stim you add when the seedling is showing?

And when you spray inside the dome is it just a few squirts in the air (or underneath the leaves)?

I've also had my fans blowing at the root zone, and consequently the plant. Which after reading your post has made me think, perhaps that has added to my leaves looking a bit dry (although no twisting). So I will move the fan as well so they are just pointing at the root zone.

Thanks once again, really appreciate everyone's help. Can't express how happy I will be once I get through this (problematic) first grow.
    When a seed first sprouts, as was mentioned earlier, it sends a few new leaves up to get started, but underground, the roots are growing. he roots are the equivalent of your car's gas/petrol system. They transport the nutrients/gas to the plant/motor. Once the roots are established, they can start pumping the nutes/petrol and things progress from there. I recommend pre-wetting the growing medium before planting... when the seedling looks for water, the roots will extend thru the soil and grow, filling the container. Once they grow, the plant can take full advantage of the nutrients in the soil. It's important to have enough bright light (or things will get lanky and fall over) and loose soil. Light watering as the seedling slowly grows, then you can pour the coals on it when it starts to grow rapidly.
    The hardest part is patience and not "mothering" the plant to death.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jimster For This Useful Post:

Gaz (22-06-19), GEORGE (16-06-19), Greengrass (15-06-19), Kurdt (15-06-19), lipnobody (15-06-19)

Thanks

And my final bit of advice ( promise)
    My auto LSD - 25 in the same soil as you have got
    Exactly 3 weeks old today on just water and a bit of stimulant but still a bit hot as you can see on leaf tips
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5152019215731.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	73.6 KB 
ID:	373255Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5152019215741.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	106.3 KB 
ID:	373256
    I'll slowly leach the food out of the soil with the next few waters then when flowering starts I can control what she gets
    Maybe someone can chip in and can guide you about your lights as I use Mh and hps and Led a whole different ball game to me
    Enjoy the journey to self sufficiency

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greengrass For This Useful Post:

Gaz (22-06-19), GEORGE (16-06-19), lipnobody (15-06-19)

Thanks

Hi All,

Further to the above here's an update on my latest grow which is now 7 days old (from being planted into the soil). The seedling is just starting to sprout its second set of leaves, and based on the comments above I have not / will not feed it any nutes for the first 4 weeks.

However despite this there are small patches of yellow starting to develop on the leaves mainly around the edges at the moment, however the veins are a noticable lighter shade of green in comparison to the rest of the plant. The leaves look pretty much identical to the attached picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ywjbmCc23.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	8.4 KB 
ID:	373362

***I do not have a camera phone, so can't take a photo of how my but like I say my plant looks pretty much identical to the above picture****

In addition to that, the second set of leaves which have just sprouted so are tiny (probably a 1/4 inch long), are more yellow than green and today is the first day the plant's main leaves have started to sag. Whereas before today they were standing firm and upright. There is still plenty of water in the soil, after me wetting it from 7 days ago prior to placing the seed into it. So unless anyone tells me otherwise I will not water it or give it nutes. But can anyone advise whether what I have explained above is normal or should I be doing concerned & doing something differently?

With this grow I have also pointed the fan away from the leaves, and given it a 18/6 light cycle (despite the seeds being auto flowers). Also the RH has been around 80% and the temps around 25 degrees C.
    Last edited by ibsey; 19-06-19 at 10:48 AM.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ibsey For This Useful Post:

Gaz (22-06-19), GEORGE (19-06-19), Greengrass (19-06-19)

Thanks

Hi All,

Further to the above here's an update on my latest grow which is now 7 days old (from being planted into the soil). The seedling is just starting to sprout its second set of leaves, and based on the comments above I have not / will not feed it any nutes for the first 4 weeks.

However despite this there are small patches of yellow starting to develop on the leaves mainly around the edges at the moment, however the veins are a noticable lighter shade of green in comparison to the rest of the plant. The leaves look pretty much identical to the attached picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ywjbmCc23.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	8.4 KB 
ID:	373362

***I do not have a camera phone, so can't take a photo of how my but like I say my plant looks pretty much identical to the above picture****

In addition to that, the second set of leaves which have just sprouted so are tiny (probably a 1/4 inch long), are more yellow than green and today is the first day the plant's main leaves have started to sag. Whereas before today they were standing firm and upright. There is still plenty of water in the soil, after me wetting it from 7 days ago prior to placing the seed into it. So unless anyone tells me otherwise I will not water it or give it nutes. But can anyone advise whether what I have explained above is normal or should I be doing concerned & doing something differently?

With this grow I have also pointed the fan away from the leaves, and given it a 18/6 light cycle (despite the seeds being auto flowers). Also the RH has been around 80% and the temps around 25 degrees C.
    Hiya ibsey the problem you and we have is without pictures it's hard to diagnose a problem with just a description
    It could be many things or just nothing at all to worry about and just maybe needs time to bed in
    A good percentage of my seedlings come out deformed and I think of binning them but with patience and time they pull through
    Just by looking at that one leaf you put up I could say it's a number of things off the top of my head like
    Too much water or not enough
    Soil could be a little too rich atm for a seedling
    Damage if the light is to low
    Or even nothing wrong at all and patience would be the cure
    But without a picture or two members will be tentative to pin it down to one thing
    If you think the things I've mentioned are fine give it another week to see what the new growth shows up like
    A lot of the time the first set of true leaves can come out a bit mutated while it settles into its environment
    Where do you take your readings from your hygrometer?
    Don't put the meter in the pot itself, it will give you a false reading

With a picture or two the lads n lasses here can go Boom I got this
    Keeps us all updated ibsey sorry couldn't be more help
    Atb
    Last edited by Greengrass; 19-06-19 at 11:27 AM.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greengrass For This Useful Post:

Gaz (22-06-19), GEORGE (19-06-19), ibsey (19-06-19)

Thanks

Thanks Greengrass I really appreciate your help, as at least you have kindly given me ideas on what to keep checking. I might actually go and buy a camera phone just to post pictures of my grow here (I'm that desperate for a smoke!!!) Had been trying to avoid buying a camera phone but that is another story. Anyway to answer a few points you've kindly raised:

Damage if the light is to low

My Mars Hydro 300w light is 2ft above the seedling (as per the lights instruction manual when vegatating) do let me know if you feel that is too close/far?

Where do you take your readings from your hygrometer?

It is a small clip-on hygrometer - which is clipped on to the side of the pot (facing away from the plants). On this grow I've been keeping the RH at around 85% which is a bit higher than before (70% in previous grows) just to ensure the leaves are getting water through the leaves which I think was mentioned above.

TBH this grow looks alot better at day 7 then ALL my previous 20+ attempts, which I think is partly down to using a better strain of seed (Royal Queen Seeds instead of Auto #1). Also I think having the fan not pointing directly at the leaves is helping as well. My best guess on the yellowing problem I am currently experiencing is perhaps over watering as the leaves are noticably sagging in comparison to a couple of days ago. Also the soil is still dark & slightly moist about an inch underneath the top soil (which is now dry). Therefore I shall leave things alone until the whole pot dries out completely and hope that is the case. I'll update you kind people (hopefully which pictures) when things develop. Meanwhile feel free to keep throwing more ideas on what possibly mistakes I could be making.

Last edited by ibsey; 19-06-19 at 09:06 PM.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ibsey For This Useful Post:

Gaz (22-06-19), GEORGE (19-06-19), Greengrass (20-06-19)

Thanks

Hi mate I use MH and HPS lighting so not sure of height on the Mars but I've asked Skunkblast who has same lights as you what height he has his I let you know or you could drop him a pm, I hear led can be harsh at the wrong distance, you could allready be in the sweet spot
    I used to put my meter on the pot as well but it gave a false reading as its picking up the moisture from the pot and not the surrounding air
    I put mine in a shaded area just above the influence of the intense light Click image for larger version. 

Name:	52020196162.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	140.8 KB 
ID:	373382 (my barn reflector can be just seen at the bottom of the picture)
    And this gives me a true reading of the RH
    How old are the plants now and when exactly did you water last and how much?
    Seedling stage for me is the most nerve wracking, I popped 3 seeds in this time and only 2 made it so I know what your going through
    If it's security with putting pictures up on a phone, I was ignorant at the start of growing and just used my phone, touch wood I've not been fingered yet but I understand where your coming from if it is that
    Last edited by Greengrass; 20-06-19 at 06:36 AM.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greengrass For This Useful Post:

Gaz (22-06-19), GEORGE (20-06-19), ibsey (22-06-19)

Thanks

Some growers say stick a finger an inch or two into the soil and water if dry, but what I do is use a piece of wood size of a pencil or a lollipop stick and gently poke around the pot a good few inches down, if I comes back too moist I leave alone
    With my lights running hot it soon gets a crust on top making it look bone dry but plenty of water underneath

When you water now just do it at the pot rim, it will soak inwards just the roots won't be sitting in a sludge
    Last edited by Greengrass; 20-06-19 at 09:23 AM.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Greengrass For This Useful Post:

Gaz (22-06-19), GEORGE (20-06-19), ibsey (22-06-19), IceCalibur (20-06-19), WhIpLaSh (20-06-19)

Thanks

This from easy t on the Mars 300 who has used them lights mate

"When I've used the Mars I start at 28" then just leave at that, they grow in to it, till Flowering then keep em at 12" till harvest"

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Greengrass For This Useful Post:

Easy-T (20-06-19), Gaz (22-06-19), GEORGE (20-06-19), ibsey (22-06-19), IceCalibur (20-06-19)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast