Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Tips for Growing landrace

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Quote Originally Posted by sarahnya View Post
    Will definitely check them out
    I'm also posting this diary over here, just in case you miss it in the other post.
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ream-Machine-D

2. The Following User Says Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (05-07-19)

Thanks

Ok that's totally random but yes I will read it, right now in fact ??

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sarahnya For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (05-07-19), GEORGE (29-06-19)

Guest Guest

I'm currently smoking malawi x Panama by ace seeds and it is truly incredible. I have never felt effects like this before and I've been smoking hard for fifteen years. It's a cross of two landrace sativas, 100%. It was grown by a friend so I don't have any specific advice on this strain but I would agree with the advice above about a four week veg. You should also consider 11 hours light 13 hours dark rather than the traditional 12/12. Try this schedule if they are taking a long time to start budding and if they are taking too long to finish. My mate says you'll find some phenos of landrace sativas that won't finish indoors or will take incredibly long time to flower, like 18 weeks flower. If it's not starting to ripen up by week 10/11 of true flower you may have got a bad pheno and have some decisions to make. Don't let this put you off, they are truly incredible and well worth the extra time and effort.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Guest For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (05-07-19), GEORGE (30-06-19), lipnobody (30-06-19), sarahnya (30-06-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cantona View Post
    I'm currently smoking malawi x Panama by ace seeds and it is truly incredible. I have never felt effects like this before and I've been smoking hard for fifteen years. It's a cross of two landrace sativas, 100%. It was grown by a friend so I don't have any specific advice on this strain but I would agree with the advice above about a four week veg. You should also consider 11 hours light 13 hours dark rather than the traditional 12/12. Try this schedule if they are taking a long time to start budding and if they are taking too long to finish. My mate says you'll find some phenos of landrace sativas that won't finish indoors or will take incredibly long time to flower, like 18 weeks flower. If it's not starting to ripen up by week 10/11 of true flower you may have got a bad pheno and have some decisions to make. Don't let this put you off, they are truly incredible and well worth the extra time and effort.
    Thank you, I'm going to purchase that for my next grow. I've put the pure Ace Malawi in this grow with DP Durban Poison. I think the Durban finishes early but I will have to switch lights down for the Ace its a slow one by all accounts.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sarahnya For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (05-07-19), GEORGE (30-06-19)

Thanks

Sativa's are great but a little different to grow as they can get a lot taller than most strains and can take 12 weeks or more to fully mature. I've been growing a Sativa strain for 30+ years and it is a great smoke without knocking you out. Don't get me wrong, you will get very stoned, but not so much of the body lethargy that Indica's provide. Depending on the strain, they can be very paranoia inducing, or great for doing work. Keep in mind that no matter how much difference the effects are, you will still get stoned and the results are always going to make you a little slow. It's pot, not meth!! Here is a Malawi at around 6 weeks and 7 ft.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190622_153751.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	125.7 KB 
ID:	373704
    Last edited by Jimster; 30-06-19 at 09:10 PM.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jimster For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (05-07-19), GEORGE (30-06-19), sarahnya (01-07-19)

Thanks

Can't wait to grow and try this stuff.

My last grow I grew the auto versions, sure they got you high but holy shit I felt burned out day after if I smoked before bed. I'd sleep but not feel refreshed in the morning, really can't be doing with that.

Just want a slightly trippy mindset, giggles and some motivation to go hiking etc whilst masking the pain I get in my feet walking long distance.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sarahnya For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (05-07-19), GEORGE (01-07-19)

Thanks

Out of curiosity I emailed Ace to see how growing Malawi in a tent might go. They said with 4 weeks veg it will get to a meter in heigh easily and 3 times that during flower. Is this actually gonna be doable?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sarahnya For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (05-07-19), GEORGE (06-07-19)

Thanks

Also could someone with experience of growing Ace Malawi or similar give me a training timescale. I'm planning on 3 to 4 weeks veg. When and how many times should I top. How much lst should I employ and when. I'm quite worried it's gonna reach for the sky big time in my 2m tent.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sarahnya For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (05-07-19), GEORGE (06-07-19)

Thanks

I smoked with it to such an extent that I could not walk, and even move my lips to sound any words, and all the next day I spent almost the similarly

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lonelywhale For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (06-07-19), M_C (06-07-19), sarahnya (07-07-19)

Thanks

I think I'll take it a little easy

20. The Following User Says Thank You to sarahnya For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-07-19)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3