Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: CMH Grow Light

Thanks

Default CMH Grow Light

I was looking at adding uvb to my tent and came across these. Are they actually any better than a 600w HPS. Do they run any cooler as well?

If so can you recommend any go go for or avoid? Not a massive budget so nothing top end. Also how long do bulbs last etc

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sarahnya For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (18-06-19), GEORGE (18-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,460 Times

Quote Originally Posted by sarahnya View Post
    I was looking at adding uvb to my tent and came across these. Are they actually any better than a 600w HPS. Do they run any cooler as well?

If so can you recommend any go go for or avoid? Not a massive budget so nothing top end. Also how long do bulbs last etc
    There is A new HPS 750DE out, you might want to look into that. Face told us about it. Thanks, Face.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (18-06-19), IceCalibur (18-06-19), M_C (19-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Fuck cmh . Invest in a high end quantum board LED man . Expensive but gives better yeild and saves on heat and electricity

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (18-06-19), GEORGE (19-06-19)

Thanks

Ooo looking now, does it include uvb

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sarahnya For This Useful Post:

Thanks

How much are we talking, sounds like a spaceship or something

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sarahnya For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Another q. With regards to CMH if I was to get the 3000k bulb and use throughout the grow would I still get the increased terpene and resin production or have I gotta use that veg light as well. Those bulbs are about £100 each so not cheap when compared to the old trusty Sunmaster.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sarahnya For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,169 Times

From what I have seen in my groom... CMH grows better weed than HPS while producing less heat. More PAR per watt.

HPS has better penetration for taller, bigger plants.

QB LED looks amazing and I wish I had got those instead of the CMH.

I am moving soon and my new groom has much less headroom. I will be upgrading from CMH to LED for the new groom.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-06-19), IceCalibur (18-06-19), TheGrimSqueeker (16-01-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,169 Times

For CMH vertical bulb is better than horizontal. I am not sure about the answer to your UVB question. I use 4, Phillips 3100k with UV block (still lots more UV than HPS) and 1, hortilux no UV block in the center of the groom. Resin production is incredible. QB LED still looks like a better choice. I am not sure if they have UV but from photos of growers on the talk I can say for certain that the resin production is better than CMH or HPS.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-06-19), IceCalibur (19-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 9,472 Times

I am thinking of investing in a new light so i have been following growers that are using the Invisible Sun QB and the CMH lamps. To date from what i have seen the QB look like the buds get a little leafy this could be strain related or where the grower as the light to close pushing them a little to hard. The GPW with the QB from what i have seen seems pretty amazing.A certain grower i follow as gone from DE Hps to the QB's and is now trying the CMH so i am waiting for him to the finish this grow before i decide on CMH or QB. Atm its def looking like QB but ill wait for the fat lady to sing first.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kbag For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (19-06-19), GEORGE (19-06-19), IceCalibur (19-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,460 Times

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by kbag View Post
    I am thinking of investing in a new light so i have been following growers that are using the Invisible Sun QB and the CMH lamps. To date from what i have seen the QB look like the buds get a little leafy this could be strain related or where the grower as the light to close pushing them a little to hard. The GPW with the QB from what i have seen seems pretty amazing.A certain grower i follow as gone from DE Hps to the QB's and is now trying the CMH so i am waiting for him to the finish this grow before i decide on CMH or QB. Atm its def looking like QB but ill wait for the fat lady to sing first.
    I can tell you that the Fat lady has already sing on the Bloom Buster, if you want to max out THCa. Heavy red par light is the way to go.

All though I realize that most people grow for quamty. But if you want to max out your plants THCa level, then Red par is the way to go for sure.
    Last edited by GEORGE; 19-06-19 at 12:50 AM.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (19-06-19), curiouscultivator (19-06-19), IceCalibur (19-06-19), kbag (19-06-19)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast