Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Old Time Sativa Recommendations

Thanks

Default Old Time Sativa Recommendations

I keep reading posts from older folk who smoked in the 70s and said it was better, the high was more well high. I'm guessing this is probably due to hybridization. Are there any true landrace around that can be reliably grown in a 2m tent?

I've ordered Durban Poison and Malawi gold. Anything else give an old time high? Not wanting drowsiness or couch lock. More into walking and appreciating nature with a trippy mindset or even better a few visuals and boosted energy

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sarahnya For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,883 Times

What you also have to bear in mind is that the THC content was lower ... and the CBD was higher in those days....
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Bubblegum is an old favorite . Other then what ive listed to you i dont know

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-06-19)

Thanks

I still grow a couple of the old Sativa strains from the 70s, notably the Matanuska Thunderfu**, which was popular with the Alaskan Oil Pipeline workers, when it was semi legal up there. It is pretty good, but compared to some of today's strains, it isn't as strong. The Malawi strain is a great Sativa strain if you get the real deal. I think that many Jamaican strains originated from them. Jamaican, Colombian, and Panama strains were all Sativa strains and are all landrace...again, if you can get true genetics. The smoke that will forever be burned in my mind was a Jamaican strain from around 1982. We called it "Cartoon Dope" because it was semi psychedelic and made everything appear distorted and "Cartoonish". It also was too powerful for many novice smokers, who had paranoia attacks and related experiences. I'm still trying to find a strain that delivers the same, and Malawi seems to be the best candidate. It grows pretty tall, though and might not be easily done in a 2 meter tent. Here is one tht is topping 6.5 ft at 6 weeks flowering. Sativa's continue to grow a little bit when they flower, so keep that in mind as well.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190613_122452.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	107.1 KB 
ID:	373352

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jimster For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-06-19), IceCalibur (19-06-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    What you also have to bear in mind is that the THC content was lower ... and the CBD was higher in those days....
    Really? I didn't think some pure sativa even had cbd

10. The Following User Says Thank You to sarahnya For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,471 Times

Quote Originally Posted by sarahnya View Post
    I keep reading posts from older folk who smoked in the 70s and said it was better, the high was more well high. I'm guessing this is probably due to hybridization. Are there any true landrace around that can be reliably grown in a 2m tent?

I've ordered Durban Poison and Malawi gold. Anything else give an old time high? Not wanting drowsiness or couch lock. More into walking and appreciating nature with a trippy mindset or even better a few visuals and boosted energy
    Look over on Seedfinder, you can find some over there.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

sarahnya (21-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

This is your third thread on this issue .....

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

CaptainChronic (21-06-19), Gaz (21-06-19), GEORGE (21-06-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimster View Post
    I still grow a couple of the old Sativa strains from the 70s, notably the Matanuska Thunderfu**, which was popular with the Alaskan Oil Pipeline workers, when it was semi legal up there. It is pretty good, but compared to some of today's strains, it isn't as strong. The Malawi strain is a great Sativa strain if you get the real deal. I think that many Jamaican strains originated from them. Jamaican, Colombian, and Panama strains were all Sativa strains and are all landrace...again, if you can get true genetics. The smoke that will forever be burned in my mind was a Jamaican strain from around 1982. We called it "Cartoon Dope" because it was semi psychedelic and made everything appear distorted and "Cartoonish". It also was too powerful for many novice smokers, who had paranoia attacks and related experiences. I'm still trying to find a strain that delivers the same, and Malawi seems to be the best candidate. It grows pretty tall, though and might not be easily done in a 2 meter tent. Here is one tht is topping 6.5 ft at 6 weeks flowering. Sativa's continue to grow a little bit when they flower, so keep that in mind as well.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190613_122452.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	107.1 KB 
ID:	373352
    Thanks I've gotten Malawi from Ace, I think it's been selectively bred though but I thought it's worth a pop. I'll see how I get on with these abd then hunt down some more exotic seeds. Can't wait!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to sarahnya For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-07-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,471 Times

Brazilian SC, has the Colombian Gold, from the Santa Marta, if you want to try this landrace strain. I have smoke lots of it back in, the 70's, and it is A very good stone, peaking around 15%, if you harvest at the right time. This Gold will knock you on your ares, don't think that it want. Just about ever hibird today has at least 25% of this strain in it's mix.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

M_C (21-06-19), sarahnya (27-06-19)

Thanks

Just to update. I'm currently growing Ace Malawi, Durban Poison and Oldtimers x Amnesia Haze. Any input from people who have grown these indoors would be appreciated.

Also looking for more seeds for my next grow. I'm looking for trippy or energetic highs with no couchlock both clear and trippy highs.

I was thinking of Cannabiogen Destroyer, Ace Zamaldelica and maybe Golden Tiger or a Panama. Anyone grown these indoors or got a smoke report?

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sarahnya For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-07-19), Trex (21-07-19)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast