Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Crap bud size

Thanks

Default Crap bud size

Hi folks,

I'm into week 6 of flowering the ladies and it looks as though the colas are not a decent size. Here's my setup: 1.5mx1.5m loft tent, 6 x autopot XL, 2 x 600w sunmaster HPS. I have been using advanced nutrients coco (both grow and bloom), I used voodoo juice, B52, superthrive during veg and bigbud, B52, superthrive and overdrive during flower. This is the problem I always seem to have when I have grown in the past, really shit small colas. The girls are healthy in themselves so I don't know where I'm going wrong. 1200w of light should be more than enough?

I'll get a photo tomorrow

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Gatherer For This Useful Post:

Dr Green (20-06-19), GEORGE (20-06-19)

3. Default

Hello The Gatherer, 1200w HPS is more than enough for that area in my opinion..what are your temps like and humidity?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Dr Green (20-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,865 Times

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

CaptainChronic (20-06-19), Dr Green (20-06-19), foopa (20-06-19), GEORGE (20-06-19), ggotch (21-06-19), IceCalibur (19-06-19), Sadface (20-06-19), The Gatherer (19-06-19), WF420 (19-06-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    Hello The Gatherer, 1200w HPS is more than enough for that area in my opinion..what are your temps like and humidity?
    Hi mate, temp is around 27c humidity is around 40 to 50%. There's no heater in the tent overnight so I'm wondering if thats it? I took a close up of the trics 3 days ago so maybe she's still growing slowly?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trics.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	70.3 KB 
ID:	373354

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Gatherer For This Useful Post:

Dr Green (20-06-19), GEORGE (20-06-19)

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by The Gatherer View Post
    Hi mate, temp is around 27c humidity is around 40 to 50%. There's no heater in the tent overnight so I'm wondering if thats it? I took a close up of the trics 3 days ago so maybe she's still growing slowly?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trics.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	70.3 KB 
ID:	373354
    It's very possible if the temps are dropping substantially they that is indeed slowing them down!

Bud Lightyear is offering some great advice above..he's got tons of experience and what he suggested will surely give you what you're looking for future grows!

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Dr Green (20-06-19), GEORGE (20-06-19), The Gatherer (19-06-19), WF420 (19-06-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Lightyear View Post
    Light ain't gonna be the issue...Dump the auto pots and go run to waste in air-pots use canna coco pro plus and their coco A&B..

Regards BL
    interesting. I'll look into it

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Gatherer For This Useful Post:

Dr Green (20-06-19), GEORGE (20-06-19), IceCalibur (19-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 9,472 Times

See this quite a bit on the forum ppl asking or wondering why there crops are not as big as they hoped for.
    If your new to growing as like we have all been just keep it simple no need to go get this additive and the next with big labels saying big buds etc. Oh and be picky about what strain you grow look a around at a few grows before deciding, The breeders write ups are often just a sells pitch so ignore them and go look at some diaries.
    True saying this You can polish a turd but its still a turd.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kbag For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-06-19), IceCalibur (19-06-19), Kurdt (19-06-19), lipnobody (20-06-19), redisiel (20-06-19), Squaggy (21-06-19), The Gatherer (19-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,402 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Lightyear View Post
    Light ain't gonna be the issue...Dump the auto pots and go run to waste in air-pots use canna coco pro plus and their coco A&B..

Regards BL
    Agree with Bud on this one

Im nearing flush on my current grow, used buddhas tree a + b rather than the canna range but have had good results with it in the past!

Do you have a thermometer that keeps a min/max? Would help to know your lowest temps! Also, when do your lights come on/go off? Ive have mine coming on at 6pm off at 6am to keep temps up overnight

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WF420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-06-19), IceCalibur (19-06-19), Squaggy (21-06-19), The Gatherer (19-06-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WF420 View Post
    Agree with Bud on this one

Im nearing flush on my current grow, used buddhas tree a + b rather than the canna range but have had good results with it in the past!

Do you have a thermometer that keeps a min/max? Would help to know your lowest temps! Also, when do your lights come on/go off? Ive have mine coming on at 6pm off at 6am to keep temps up overnight
    I only went for advanced as it sorted the PH out automatically. I did have a fan controller but I took it off as it made my RVK buzz like crazy (funny as the shop I bought it from said they tested it with RVK's and found no buzzing). I do have a hygrometer in the room monitoring temp and humidity but I'm really not sure about the minimum temp it's getting to over night. I think tomorrow morning I'll open up a minute or so before lights on and check the temp. I'm gonna kick myself if it turns out to be my crop is sluggish due to night time temps. Seven weeks ago I took the gamble that we'd have the same balmy nights that we had this time last year so my lights are set to run 9am to 9pm. I don't think I mentioned it but the girls are four photo Liberty haze and one auto Sweet tooth done in coco/perlite mix plus I added rinsed clay pebbles
    Last edited by The Gatherer; 19-06-19 at 10:21 AM.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Gatherer For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-06-19), Greengrass (20-06-19), IceCalibur (19-06-19), WF420 (19-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,402 Times

Quote Originally Posted by The Gatherer View Post
    I only went for advanced as it sorted the PH out automatically. I did have a fan controller but I took it off as it made my RVK buzz like crazy (funny as the shop I bought it from said they tested it with RVK's and found no buzzing). I do have a hygrometer in the room monitoring temp and humidity but I'm really not sure about the minimum temp it's getting to over night. I think tomorrow morning I'll open up a minute or so before lights on and check the temp. I'm gonna kick myself if it turns out to be my crop is sluggish due to night time temps. Seven weeks ago I took the gamble that we'd have the same balmy nights that we had this time last year so my lights are set to run 9am to 9pm. I don't think I mentioned it but the girls are four photo Liberty haze and one auto Sweet tooth
    Do you check ph before feeding though yeah? In flower you want to swing between 5.8 and 6.1 to make sure theyre taking up all they need

I had a cheap controller too which made my fan hum, the smscom hybrids are a good bit of kit from what ive seen but i dont have any experience of using them!

Personally i would give them a 24 hour dark period and switch it so your lights come on at 9pm to keep heat up throughout the night, ambient temps are higher throughout the day so should stay higher in the groom, also helps combat temps getting too high. I have mine at 6/6 so i can get up there to do what i need do before its too late

I wouldnt expect much from the auto either mate as they need at least 18 hours light a day really, i ran mine at 24/0 to keep a stable enviroment but from everything ive seen its better to keep autos and photos seperate

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WF420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-06-19), Greengrass (20-06-19), IceCalibur (19-06-19), The Gatherer (19-06-19)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast