Thread: Just Ssy NO to X

Thanks

Default Just Ssy NO to X

After perusing many threads, a lot of growers are asking where they can get Landrace strains, or what some even are. With the advent of folks growing their own and everyone crossing everything, it is getting nearly impossible to find a pure strain instead of a Strain A X Strain B hybrid. I implore growers to at least try to grow one original strain if they can find it. If there is a demand, the seeds will be available. There are few Sativa growers anymore since everyone wants the hard nuggets. Sativa can be every bit as strong, and stroner, depending on the strain. Old school Colombian, Mexican, and Panamanian Sativa's are getting hard to find. No, they usually aren't as potent or pretty as the newer strains, but they are a great smoke and at the rate things are going, an endangered species.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jimster For This Useful Post:

Bundy75 (21-06-19), curiouscultivator (21-06-19), G' (22-06-19), GEORGE (21-06-19), M_C (21-06-19), Valentina (21-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

I know hotshot is a fan of the older sativa strains
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

CaptainChronic (21-06-19), curiouscultivator (21-06-19), G' (22-06-19), GEORGE (21-06-19), IceCalibur (22-06-19), Jimster (21-06-19), lipnobody (24-06-19), Valentina (21-06-19)

Thanks

I used to smoke some brick weed about 8 years ago as it was the only thing we could get at the time. We called it thai stick and it had bits of cotton holding it together and plenty of seeds. Me being me I kept those seeds and still have them now. I probably have around 20 of them now. Would these seeds be considered a land race?
    Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CaptainChronic For This Useful Post:

G' (22-06-19), GEORGE (21-06-19), M_C (21-06-19), Valentina (22-06-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChronic View Post
    I used to smoke some brick weed about 8 years ago as it was the only thing we could get at the time. We called it thai stick and it had bits of cotton holding it together and plenty of seeds. Me being me I kept those seeds and still have them now. I probably have around 20 of them now. Would these seeds be considered a land race?
    That would depend on what the Thai Sticks were made from. If they were original Thai Sticks, they could be Landrace, but if somebody just decided to make up a few, then they are probably just std hybrids. The Original Thai Sticks that I saw either had buds tied onto a stem with hemp thread, or it was a long Sativa bud with a number of small bud son it. I haven't seen a real Thai Stick for decades, since most smoke is either coming in from Mexico or is high grade privately grown stuff... at least in the States. Overseas it might be a different story.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jimster For This Useful Post:

G' (22-06-19), GEORGE (21-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Talking

The only Landrace I can find are Colombian Gold, and Mango'Carot. I have look for Jamaican, and Panama Red with out success. How ever seedsmen sales A great Wild Thailand they say is 100% sativa.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

G' (22-06-19), IceCalibur (22-06-19), M_C (21-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,075 Times

what about the landrace indicas ?
    hindu kush is supposed to be a non cross
    skin it roll it lick it twist it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to lipnobody For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-06-19)