Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The Best (and Worst) Video Games to Play When You're High

Thanks

Default The Best (and Worst) Video Games to Play When You're High

I was going to start a thread, and then I found one already that had a fantastic list of great games to play when you're stoned (I will share in a moment). It doesn't have the worst games to play when you're baked.

The type of game that is bad to play while high includes:

1. Anything requiring me to remember things - um....no. It's hard enough for me to remember that the game is even on my desktop.
    2. Scary Games - Outlast is downright freaky in normal conditions. Am I mentally ready to play the stoner character in a horror movie? Probably not.
    3. Anything requiring me to make smart decisions - I like playing strategy games when I'm straight. Things don't go so well when I'm not.

Here's what the site with the awesome games to play had to say (for some reason, I can't link to it here). Like I said, these are pretty great games (I have about half of them)...and I think I'm going to have to check some of them out.

Weed + Video Games = True Love. Whether you're sinking into the couch with an indica or blasting through synaptic hula hoops on a sweet sativa, video games are fun to play when you're high.

The only problem? Choosing the best video games to play when you're high can be as much of an existential crisis as choosing the best snack: they're ALL good, man. Yet, there are some clear standouts. Rank your bake-n-play favorites! Vote up the best video games to play when you're stoned.

Ranker may collect a commission from links on this page.

1. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Load up your texture mods and let the good times roll with this beautiful, open world ARPG. Maybe your bong rips have put you in the mood for slaying some dragons; maybe you just want to harvest lavender for a few hours and enjoy the scenery. With over 300 hours of gameplay, Skyrim makes it pretty easy to find some quest or task to suit your buzz.

2. Mario Kart

Stoned driving: not cool, unless it's Mario Kart. Drift and draft your way around colorful obstacles courses with your favorite Nintendo characters to an energetic race soundtrack; what's not to enjoy? Shh, we won't talk about Rainbow Road.

3. Minecraft

What better way to while away a high than building your own world, block by block? Let your artistic side run wild with abstract creations, go full survivalist with an underground bunker guarded by spiders - whatever you want, Minecraft is your dominion. Make a point to hike to the highest spot in you world to watch the sunrise. Just don't piss off any Creepers along the way.

4. South Park: The Stick of Truth

Make like Towelie and grab your best giggly bud - as in the kind of weed that makes you giggle, but you could also grab your best giggly friend (or guy or pal). South Park: The Stick of Truth has all the bones of a classic RPG, topped with the hilarious trimmings of that infamous South Park humor. While you're good and high, take the time to read the item descriptions. Easter eggs, mmkay?

5.Journey

With no text or spoken dialogue, Journey is a unique, ethereal experience of a game. As you slide and glide through an alluring environment of deserts and ruins, you're free to explore your own route, the goal on par with the emblematic title. Enjoy your favorite indica and get cozy for this atmospheric, immersive adventure.

6. Portal 2

As funny as it is frustrating, Portal 2 makes good use of a hybrid high. Let the indica calm your turret- and laser-induced stress while the sativa helps you keep up with the witty dialogue and clever puzzles. Best of all, if you plan ahead for the munchies, the cake *won't* be a lie.

7.The Stanley Parable

With the right weed, a bout of The Stanley Parable can be the most hilarious thing ever. Brilliantly written and narrated, TSP invites you (Stanley) on a journey through your office to figure out why all of your coworkers have disappeared. The story sounds simple enough, but... well, you'll hear all about it from the narrator. Best paired with your favorite uplifting bud, as the hallway routes could spark claustrophobia for some stoned players.

8.Zelda (Any Zelda, Let's Be Real)

From the original NES game to Skyward Sword and 25 years of games in between, Zelda is a timeless selection when you're good and baked. Ingenious dungeon design spans the series, more often than not accompanied by a stellar soundtrack. And some of the cleverest writing in games lives in Zelda's dialog boxes (the ones you're not button-stabbing your way through - looking at you, Kaepora Gaebora). The glorious symbiosis of Link and dank makes even Zelda II: The Adventure of Link tolerable! Weed wonders never cease.

9.Diablo III

When your high puts you in the mood to roll around and carve a path of destruction in your wake, Diablo III won't disappoint. Grab a blunt wrap and a pal, then play in local co-op mode for a low-effort, high-fun hang sesh.

10.Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock

Featuring a soundtrack that includes Tenacious D's "The Metal" and Blue Oyster Cult's "Cities on Flame with Rock and Roll," you just can't go wrong with Guitar Hero III. Sure, you could play any rhythm game while stoned, but can you battle Slash in that rhythm game? Thought not. Smoke up and amp up, punk.

11.Monument Valley

Talk about getting in the zone. The mobile puzzle platformer Monument Valley features stunning levels of impossible geometry alongside a dreamy soundtrack and minimalist art style. Equally minimalist in its story, the emphasis is on figuring out the clever puzzles of each monument dreamscape. Don't be surprised if you can't pull yourself away from your tablet and finish the game in one stoned sitting.

12. World of Warcraft

Playing World of Warcraft high is not unlike time travel: suddenly, it's 12 hours later and you have vague memories of taking down an enormous spider with the help of a panda. Blizzard's MMORPG continues to pump out premium content, so you're unlikely to run out of things to do (hence the marathon sessions). The character creator alone can be quicksand for the meticulous stoner.

13. FEZ

Get lost in FEZ, a meandering, atmospheric puzzle platformer featuring some absolutely beautiful pixel environments and music to match. Unlike most traditional 2D platformers, you can rotate the world of FEZ for a new twist (sorry) on platforming. The nicest thing about playing FEZ while high? Death is but a brief blip before you're respawned at the nearest ledge. Phew. Stress-free.

14. Dark Souls III

No, really. While Dark Souls doesn't typically come to mind as a franchise to enjoy when stoned, given its sheer frustration power, getting blazed before a session is not unlike having Matrix time-slowing powers. Once puzzling parries become perfectly pressable in the midst of a stoner slowdown - but you're still on your own if you roll off a cliff.

15. Pokémon: Go

This game is great to play when you're high for exactly three reasons:

It forces you to go outside and break the couch lock.
    You can camp out by a Pokéstop and continually acquire loot (a grind made more bearable when high). Might as well grab a Pidgey or twelve while you're there.
    Pokémon! Duh. Cool back when weed wasn't legal anywhere in the States, even cooler now. Plus, being stoned makes it easier to tolerate the game's numerous flaws while you catch 'em all.
    Last edited by Underpants McGregor; 22-06-19 at 05:59 PM.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Underpants McGregor For This Useful Post:

Bundy75 (22-06-19), C-Rex (22-06-19), curiouscultivator (22-06-19), GEORGE (22-06-19), IceCalibur (22-06-19), LondonSeedCentre (23-06-19), lonelywhale (07-07-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,828 Times

Skyrim vr <3 the game but played it high for six hours and then had eye spasms for about an hour great game set an alarm though if playing high

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to curiouscultivator For This Useful Post:

Bundy75 (22-06-19), C-Rex (22-06-19), GEORGE (22-06-19), IceCalibur (22-06-19), LondonSeedCentre (23-06-19), Tavish (23-06-19), Underpants McGregor (23-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,801 Times

Playing zelda breath if the wild on my switch, it's so sick man!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to harryhoudinii For This Useful Post:

Bundy75 (22-06-19), C-Rex (22-06-19), curiouscultivator (22-06-19), GEORGE (22-06-19), IceCalibur (22-06-19), LondonSeedCentre (23-06-19), Tavish (23-06-19), Underpants McGregor (23-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,908 Times

The Witcher 3, the wild Hunt. I lost about 3 months of my life to this game. It's amazing, stoned or not.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Never rub another mans rhubarb

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bundy75 For This Useful Post:

C-Rex (22-06-19), curiouscultivator (22-06-19), GEORGE (22-06-19), harryhoudinii (22-06-19), IceCalibur (22-06-19), LondonSeedCentre (23-06-19), Tavish (23-06-19), Underpants McGregor (23-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,374 Times

Old FPS called F.E.A.R. its a bad idea to play it with the lights out let alone stoned.

Ive been playing the heck outa Pokemon lets go on my kids switch.

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to C-Rex For This Useful Post:

AND (22-06-19), Bundy75 (22-06-19), curiouscultivator (22-06-19), GEORGE (22-06-19), IceCalibur (22-06-19), LondonSeedCentre (23-06-19), Tavish (23-06-19), Underpants McGregor (23-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,075 Times

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousaurusRex View Post
    Old FPS called F.E.A.R. its a bad idea to play it with the lights out let alone stoned.

i hear ya dude it lasted 3 days before i traded it in
    skin it roll it lick it twist it.

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to lipnobody For This Useful Post:

Bundy75 (23-06-19), C-Rex (23-06-19), curiouscultivator (22-06-19), GEORGE (22-06-19), IceCalibur (22-06-19), LondonSeedCentre (23-06-19), Tavish (23-06-19), Underpants McGregor (23-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousaurusRex View Post

Loved F.E.A.R

Played to death...

Far Cry series (Except 4...who the fuck wants bows & arrows...SNIPER FTW )
    Borderlands series
    Crisis series
    Goldeneye - me & my boys used to play this relentlessly on N64
    Half-life series
    Sniper series
    All of the Star Wars FPS series
    Bioshock series - weird but great

Plus thousands of others...I started smoking weed at 13 and have been stoned ever since...EVERY video game is better played stoned

I was there at the start of video games, been in the design stage of a few and have seen them in every incarnation up to now...I can say without a doubt, only 1 game has ever made me jump...Dead Space PC game from 2008...Awesome

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

Bundy75 (23-06-19), C-Rex (23-06-19), curiouscultivator (23-06-19), GEORGE (22-06-19), IceCalibur (22-06-19), lipnobody (24-06-19), Tavish (23-06-19), Underpants McGregor (23-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,876 Times

A big spliff & Zelda, Ocarina Of Time... works every time for me
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

AND (23-06-19), Bundy75 (23-06-19), C-Rex (23-06-19), curiouscultivator (22-06-19), GEORGE (22-06-19), IceCalibur (22-06-19), lipnobody (24-06-19), LondonSeedCentre (23-06-19), Tavish (23-06-19), Underpants McGregor (23-06-19)

17. Default

I used to have some fun playing CSGO whilst high as a kite lol..funnily enough it sharpened my senses even more, but got a bit para from time to time thinking someone was sneaking up behind me lol

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

AND (23-06-19), Bundy75 (23-06-19), C-Rex (23-06-19), curiouscultivator (23-06-19), GEORGE (22-06-19), LondonSeedCentre (23-06-19), Tavish (23-06-19), Underpants McGregor (23-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,162 Times

Pubg when stoned is the worst, I'm not the best at it anyway, I always play in a team but I'm the looter not the shooter haha. But when I'm stoned I literally go on a pure skitz and actually think am in the game and people are guna shoot me so I just hide hahahaha.
    Also sims when I was younger, I used to get stoned, play on that and think this is exactly how my own house is going to look like when I'm older!
    How very wrong haha

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Tavish For This Useful Post:

AND (23-06-19), Bundy75 (23-06-19), curiouscultivator (26-06-19), GEORGE (23-06-19), harryhoudinii (23-06-19), IceCalibur (23-06-19), LondonSeedCentre (23-06-19), Underpants McGregor (23-06-19)

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast