Thread: The Best (and Worst) Video Games to Play When You're High

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bundy75 View Post
    I don't think that was an option back in the day. I've always been a console gamer, preferred the plug and play method. Spent a bit of money on a pc in the early/mid nineties and it still wasn't good enough to play the games I wanted so I got rid and carried on with the consoles.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Funny, but I was the same way, but with PCs. I started with them. Yeah, I'm old: we had the Commodore 64 as the console of my day. To me, the PC was obviously better. But, I grew up before personal computers: PCs were an improvement on TV because it was interactive. I'm sure if I had grown up with consoles, I would have preferred them. I gave up on PCs for a year because I didn't want to keep upgrading just to play the latest games.

So, I bought an XBox. I played sports games like Madden and FIFA, and it was ridiculously awesome. I still think the XBox controller is the perfect way to do sports games. I played Fallout 4 and Prey and the latest Dishonored, and it was great...except for the controls. I hate the XBox controllers for combat. I know some people are really good at playing shooters on the console, but the keyboard and mouse always feels faster to me.

My son showed me the way back to the PC. He built a mid-range gaming rig for under $200. And, he was a kid (just turned 14). If he could afford it (using birthday money), then I sure as heck could spare a few coins for the guy who takes the kids to Texas Roadhouse every week. So, I build a better PC, and I'm back again. I bought Fallout 4, and it's awesome...the controls are certainly better.

Still, I will go back to my console again (for something other than Hulu, I mean).

And, how cool is it that I learned something from my son??? I'm not worried that the old man is a step slower; I'm just so happy that I managed to help produce something good in the world (something other than my homemade cinnamon ice cream, I mean, great though it is). I'm so proud of him. My wife and I did well.
    Last edited by Underpants McGregor; 26-06-19 at 05:38 AM.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Underpants McGregor For This Useful Post:

AND (26-06-19), Bundy75 (26-06-19), curiouscultivator (26-06-19), GEORGE (26-06-19), LondonSeedCentre (26-06-19), Trex (26-06-19)