Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fungus gnat or fruit fly?

Thanks
    Provided Answers: 4

Quote Originally Posted by Roystontheo View Post
    I had the same problem. I also noticed tiny white specks on the leaf. I took a leaf and put it under a microscope. It was then that I could see the tiniest mites on the leaf which was causing the white specs. I found a recipe online for a natural bug killer. I forget the entire ingredients but I know it had cayenne pepper in it. It was amazing, it exploded the mites on contact. Was able to continue a very successful grow. My advice is pick a leaf off with the white specs and have a magnified look. You will not see the mites with an unaided eye. Once you establish whether there are mites on the leaf? Search online for 'homemade bug spray' and blast the fuckers. Hope this helps and good look with the grow.
    One thing to watch out for with these homemade bug recipes with hot peppers... the residual capsacian that can remain in your buds. Someone gave me some buds that had bug problems until he treated them with a Habanero pepper concoction. He used it too close to harvest and there were remnants of it in the buds that could wreak havoc, especially if it was vaped and not burned. Burning seemed to make it a little better, but the lung and throat irritation was terrible on some buds. Another recipe called for both hot peppers and garlic. It smelled like a pizza burning! Be careful but the advice for seeing them is spot on...they are damn near invisible but can cause big problems, especially spider mites.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jimster For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (09-07-19), GEORGE (08-07-19), Roystontheo (08-07-19)

Live West Yorkshire. Originally from South Yorkshire - tha no's
    Thanks

Totally agree. I wouldn't recommend using peppers deep into the budding stage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimster View Post
    One thing to watch out for with these homemade bug recipes with hot peppers... the residual capsacian that can remain in your buds. Someone gave me some buds that had bug problems until he treated them with a Habanero pepper concoction. He used it too close to harvest and there were remnants of it in the buds that could wreak havoc, especially if it was vaped and not burned. Burning seemed to make it a little better, but the lung and throat irritation was terrible on some buds. Another recipe called for both hot peppers and garlic. It smelled like a pizza burning! Be careful but the advice for seeing them is spot on...they are damn near invisible but can cause big problems, especially spider mites.
    Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roystontheo For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (09-07-19), GEORGE (08-07-19)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2