Thread: Harvest time pickle [emoji848]

Thanks

Default Harvest time pickle

Hey everyone

As per the title I'm in a pickle, I'll try keep it brief lol

Basically I've got 2 lovely ladies ready to chop (critical orange punch & pineapple chunk) not the greatest yields I've had but really really stinky and sticky/frosty.

Now the problem is I've been trying to hold out for them being just right to harvest so I could get them dry and stored before I go away end of next week, the awkward little bleeders have gone well overdue.

Plan was to get them chopped middle to end of last week but plans have fallen through and now I'm looking at not being able to chop and dry before I'm away. I'm only away for a week but you can see the dilemma, if I end up chopping mid week they are going to still be to wet store in tubs or jars and will end up going mouldy but if I leave it all out for a total time a week n a half it could all end up going to dry?

What's the options?

The only thing I can see working is chopping them right before I go n leaving them hanging the whole all week un trimmed?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BigJam; 23-06-19 at 10:49 AM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BigJam For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (23-06-19), Easy-T (23-06-19), GEORGE (23-06-19)

Thanks

Mate

That’s the way to do it, I do it all the time no need to trim this will help to slow the drying process while you’re away. It will not harm them and then when you get back give them a trim and check to see if ready for the jars.

Just make sure the drying environment is stable and you’ve an idea they can survive a week, you want a slow dry and set the extraction up tight so no leak cos it’s going to stink for the first couple of days.

Good luck

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WWBB For This Useful Post:

BigJam (23-06-19), curiouscultivator (23-06-19), Easy-T (23-06-19), GEORGE (23-06-19)

Thanks

Cheers m8.

Sounds like a plan then.

I know quite a lot probably do it this way so that's where my thinking came from...

I usually chop and trim the same day then dry in nets then into curing when it's dry..

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BigJam For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (23-06-19), Easy-T (23-06-19), GEORGE (23-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Quote Originally Posted by BigJam View Post
    Cheers m8.

Sounds like a plan then.

I know quite a lot probably do it this way so that's where my thinking came from...

I usually chop and trim the same day then dry in nets then into curing when it's dry..

I've hung them for 21 days before, and not too dry. jmo

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

BigJam (23-06-19), curiouscultivator (23-06-19), Easy-T (23-06-19)