Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: biotabs slow release ferts

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,075 Times

Default biotabs slow release ferts

too good to be true? ill lets youse decide

After the disaster n disappointment of the last few grows, not getting the hang of the feeding schedule with the dreaded biobizz nutrients, constantly burning or underfeeding along with under n over watering, some drastic changes was needed. looking for something that would just allow us to water without having to mix anything from a bottle, i came across millwalls lush grow using something called biotabs, the greenness n health of those plants at the age they were, compared to my yellowing pathetic plants of the same age, made me drool in envy.

asking about it turns out that there had been a few folk who have used these, just the tablets alone n separate amendments, there wasnt much info as to how to go about using these.

after a few hours “on the line”, i ended up purchasing the starter kit from amazon for just under £50, figured it would be a good way to sample the whole range without forking out too much.
    the packet itself Contains: 10x BioTabs, Bactrex (powder), Mycotrex (powder), Orgatrex(liquid) and Startrex (powder)

the biotab website itself has a handy calculator to allow you determine how much is needed per plant.

now the extremely simple n completely fuss free instructions are backed up by a simple youtube video just to show you how easy it is.

i charged the soil using the startrex by mixing it in evenly, potted up dusted the seed hole with mycotrex, popped in the taprooted seed, inserted the tabs then finished with a drink of bactrex as per the instructions.

just water as normal till week 5, then a drink of the orgatrex n bactrex, then continue to just water as normal
    you have the option to add more orgatrex if needed a few weeks after,
    since we grow autos our timeline is 8-11weeks we only need to add an extra two dosages of this, Photoperiods obviously take longer and im hoping millwall will chip in here to cover this.

simple

my set up consist of a 1x1x2m tent, 6 plants in 16lt fabric pots, 1.5lt of clay balls on the base followed by 14.5 lts cannaterra pro soil mixed with about 15%perlite, 400w hps, on a 18/6cycle.

these can be used in coco n autopots just look at the manuals for the schedule n mix up

there is a few things i would alter for next time, instead of inserting the tabs when the seed goes in like i did this time, which resulted in the soil being a wee bit too hot, i will wait till week 3 from sprout before adding one tab then again at week 6 from sprout the second tab, ( my pot sized determined how many tabs i needed) by doing this i think i can stager the release of the ferts without burning the young leaves, but was no biggie really they got over it easily enough.

there was a huge change in growth rate from the off, the wife could discern visible growth from lights off to on, were talking rapid cms of spurt!

just for shits n giggles we did a side by side of the tabs vs the biobizz on seedsman purple kush cbd 1:1 automatic feminised,ill let youse decide. these are taken at week 8 from first true leafs

hope this helps with anybody thinking about a simpler grow, thanks fer taking the time to read thu

feel free to add if youve had any experience guys
    Last edited by lipnobody; 25-06-19 at 07:59 PM.
    skin it roll it lick it twist it.

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to lipnobody For This Useful Post:

11milesoffshore (25-06-19), Blue61 (24-06-20), curiouscultivator (25-06-19), Gaz (26-06-19), GEORGE (26-06-19), Greengrass (25-06-19), Herbitual (25-06-19), IceCalibur (25-06-19), millwall115 (25-06-19), newgrowerr (25-06-19), PoizonIvy (16-01-22), tlh2496 (14-01-20), Valentina (30-10-19), Wags (25-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,881 Times

Great Post dude.

Sent from my H8416 using Tapatalk

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Wags For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (24-06-20), Gaz (26-06-19), GEORGE (26-06-19), Greengrass (25-06-19), Herbitual (25-06-19), IceCalibur (25-06-19), lipnobody (25-06-19), millwall115 (25-06-19), tlh2496 (14-01-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 52,286 Times

What an excellent post. Thank you.
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/signaturepics/sigpic82640_3.gif

Neckbeard, cute dog, pansy-ass fuck* pursuing herb immunity since 1966

*TM. HazyClouds (RIP)

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Herbitual For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (24-06-20), Gaz (26-06-19), GEORGE (26-06-19), Greengrass (25-06-19), IceCalibur (25-06-19), lipnobody (25-06-19), tlh2496 (14-01-20), Wags (25-06-19)

7. Default

Agree with the above, fantastic post, cheers for this lipnobody

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (24-06-20), Gaz (26-06-19), GEORGE (26-06-19), Greengrass (25-06-19), lipnobody (25-06-19), millwall115 (25-06-19), tlh2496 (14-01-20), Wags (25-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,920 Times

Quote Originally Posted by lipnobody View Post

After the disaster n disappointment of the last few grows, not getting the hang of the feeding schedule with the dreaded biobizz nutrients, constantly burning or underfeeding along with under n over watering, some drastic changes was needed. looking for something that would just allow us to water without having to mix anything from a bottle, i came across millwalls lush grow using something called biotabs, the greenness n health of those plants at the age they were, compared to my yellowing pathetic plants of the same age, made me drool in envy.

asking about it turns out that there had been a few folk who have used these, just the tablets alone n separate amendments, there wasnt much info as to how to go about using these.

after a few hours “on the line”, i ended up purchasing the starter kit from amazon for just under £50, figured it would be a good way to sample the whole range without forking out too much.
    the packet itself Contains: 10x BioTabs, Bactrex (powder), Mycotrex (powder), Orgatrex(liquid) and Startrex (powder)

the biotab website itself has a handy calculator to allow you determine how much is needed per plant.

now the extremely simple n completely fuss free instructions are backed up by a simple youtube video just to show you how easy it is.

i charged the soil using the startrex by mixing it in evenly, potted up dusted the seed hole with mycotrex, popped in the taprooted seed, inserted the tabs then finished with a drink of bactrex as per the instructions.

just water as normal till week 5, then a drink of the orgatrex n bactrex, then continue to just water as normal
    since we grow autos our timeline is 8-11weeks we only need to add an extra two dosages of this, Photoperiods obviously take longer and im hoping millwall will chip in here to cover this.

simple

my set up consist of a 1x1x2m tent, 6 plants in 16lt fabric pots, 1.5lt of clay balls on the base followed by 14.5 lts cannaterra pro soil mixed with about 15%perlite, 400w hps, on a 18/6cycle.

these can be used in coco n autopots just look at the manuals for the schedule n mix up

there is a few things i would alter for next time, instead of inserting the tabs when the seed goes in like i did this time, which resulted in the soil being a wee bit too hot, i will wait till week 3 from sprout before adding one tab then again at week 6 from sprout the second tab, ( my pot sized determined how many tabs i needed) by doing this i think i can stager the release of the ferts without burning the young leaves, but was no biggie really they got over it easily enough.

there was a huge change in growth rate from the off, the wife could discern visible growth from lights off to on, were talking rapid cms of spurt!

just for shits n giggles we did a side by side of the tabs vs the biobizz on seedsman purple kush cbd 1:1 automatic feminised,ill let youse decide. these are taken at week 8 from first true leafs

hope this helps with anybody thinking about a simpler grow, thanks fer taking the time to read thu

Thanks for all the info. You have definitely got me using this in my next grow. Cant thank you enough, I'm in that situation now with bio bizz this could be my savior

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to newgrowerr For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (24-06-20), Gaz (26-06-19), GEORGE (26-06-19), lipnobody (25-06-19), tlh2496 (14-01-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,141 Times

Quote Originally Posted by lipnobody View Post

simple

Great post mate. I didn’t insert the tab for 3 weeks. As I just used the tabs and a few amendments I did use a liquid pk boost. I’m gonna try using the starter pack.

Please check out my diary.

Millwall Does G13 Gigabud under QB’s using Biotabs
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...8&share_type=t

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to millwall115 For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (24-06-20), Gaz (26-06-19), GEORGE (26-06-19), IceCalibur (25-06-19), lipnobody (25-06-19), tlh2496 (14-01-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,075 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Wags View Post
    Great Post dude.

Sent from my H8416 using Tapatalk
    thanks fella

Quote Originally Posted by Herbitual View Post
    What an excellent post. Thank you.
    cheers herbs

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    Agree with the above, fantastic post, cheers for this lipnobody

Quote Originally Posted by newgrowerr View Post
    Thanks for all the info. You have definitely got me using this in my next grow. Cant thank you enough, I'm in that situation now with bio bizz this could be my savior

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    glad to help fella, it can get overwhelming for some people

Quote Originally Posted by millwall115 View Post
    Great post mate. I didn’t insert the tab for 3 weeks. As I just used the tabs and a few amendments I did use a liquid pk boost. I’m gonna try using the starter pack.

Please check out my diary.

Millwall Does G13 Gigabud under QB’s using Biotabs
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...8&share_type=t
    yup thats why the next time ill be doing the same mate, we talked about that in yer dairy, thanks to you brother for turning me onto the tabs

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to lipnobody For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (24-06-20), Gaz (26-06-19), GEORGE (26-06-19), IceCalibur (25-06-19), millwall115 (26-06-19), tlh2496 (14-01-20), Wags (25-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 28,825 Times

Just saw the Bio Tabs rep leave lip's place with a smile on his face and with a much lighter wallet!

Jokes aside, nice write-up!

----------------------------------------------------
    RDWC diary under IS quantum boards (mentored by British green) https://bit.ly/2VjQGYy

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to WhIpLaSh For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (24-06-20), Gaz (26-06-19), GEORGE (26-06-19), Herbitual (26-06-19), lipnobody (30-07-19), tlh2496 (14-01-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 52,286 Times

@Lovesmebetter - have you got a weight comparison between the two plants yet?

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Herbitual For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (24-06-20), Gaz (26-06-19), GEORGE (26-06-19), lipnobody (26-06-19), millwall115 (26-06-19), tlh2496 (14-01-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,994 Times

Wonder how many of us has had issues with biobizz it's strange though it's the most common stuff you see in hydro shops round here.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to scoobywho For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (24-06-20), Gaz (26-06-19), GEORGE (26-06-19), lipnobody (26-06-19), tlh2496 (14-01-20), WhIpLaSh (26-06-19)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast