Thread: Air Temp

Thanks

Default Air Temp

Hello, on my first grow with Autos, currently a few days old seedlings, my tent is 120x240x200, tent is in the outhouse (brick shed). Got a fresh air feed through ducting and a 5 inch extractor fan. In England so some days you do not see the sun so it can be a bit cool, temps drop to about 23 degrees Celsius and a bit below at night which isn't a massive disaster. Also have 2 tube heaters 135watt in there too, going to be putting a third in to help with temps got my sensor for my thermostat for the heaters in the middle of the tent about half way up set at 26.5 degrees.

From the fresh air feed, the air obviously is quite cool, couple of my plants are quite close to it, will this cool air hurt them or should I move them further away? Put a tube heater in between to help for the time being.

Will lowering my extractor speed a touch at night help raise the temp?

Out of interest if temps at ground or plant level are say 20 Deg C but mid way up the tent it is 24 Deg C, should you turn the temp up up? Or just leave it?

Cheers for any help,
    Mick

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Auto Mick For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-06-19), Greengrass (26-06-19), WF420 (26-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,402 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Mick View Post
    Hello, on my first grow with Autos, currently a few days old seedlings, my tent is 120x240x200, tent is in the outhouse (brick shed). Got a fresh air feed through ducting and a 5 inch extractor fan. In England so some days you do not see the sun so it can be a bit cool, temps drop to about 23 degrees Celsius and a bit below at night which isn't a massive disaster. Also have 2 tube heaters 135watt in there too, going to be putting a third in to help with temps got my sensor for my thermostat for the heaters in the middle of the tent about half way up set at 26.5 degrees.

From the fresh air feed, the air obviously is quite cool, couple of my plants are quite close to it, will this cool air hurt them or should I move them further away? Put a tube heater in between to help for the time being.

Will lowering my extractor speed a touch at night help raise the temp?

Out of interest if temps at ground or plant level are say 20 Deg C but mid way up the tent it is 24 Deg C, should you turn the temp up up? Or just leave it?

Cheers for any help,
    Mick
    If you have 20° at the floor youll be okay mate. Was listening to a podcast the other day and it was mentioned that we ought to measure leaf temperature rather than ambient but as most of us dont have the IR temp readers we go off room temp. 24° at the canopy will be absolutely fine

If you have a fan circulating air around the outhouse thatll help move the cold air from the intake round, if you havent got one youll be needing one come flower time anyway so may aswel get it stuck up now i cant see it causing any issues blowing on the plants unless you massively cool down the pots as you need to keep the root zone fairly warm

Just a thought aswell, have you got anything filtering your intake? Would hate for you to have to deal with pests... can be a right kick in the teeth! If youve not had a read already look at redz IPM thread, will save you loads of hassle later on down the line!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WF420 For This Useful Post:

AND (26-06-19), GEORGE (26-06-19), Greengrass (26-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

If you haven't already and they're directly on the floor...lift them a couple of inches...will keep bottom of pots & roots a bit warmer

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-06-19), Greengrass (26-06-19), lipnobody (26-06-19), WF420 (26-06-19)

Thanks

Cheers will take a look at that thread, was going to use a fine wire mesh. Ah I have an ir temp reader in my van, will get it out tonight.

Funnily enough I have ordered more saucers, going to turn them upside down and put the plants on them to raise them up.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Auto Mick For This Useful Post:

AND (26-06-19), GEORGE (26-06-19), Greengrass (26-06-19), lipnobody (26-06-19), WF420 (26-06-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Mick View Post
    Cheers will take a look at that thread, was going to use a fine wire mesh. Ah I have an ir temp reader in my van, will get it out tonight.

Funnily enough I have ordered more saucers, going to turn them upside down and put the plants on them to raise them up.
    A pair of womens tights and secure them on the end of the inlet pipe with cable ties is what I use

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Gatherer For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-06-19), WF420 (26-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 52,286 Times

Quote Originally Posted by The Gatherer View Post
    A pair of womens tights and secure them on the end of the inlet pipe with cable ties is what I use
    Or men's...
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/signaturepics/sigpic82640_3.gif

Neckbeard, cute dog, pansy-ass fuck* pursuing herb immunity since 1966

*TM. HazyClouds (RIP)

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Herbitual For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-06-19), lipnobody (26-06-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Herbitual View Post
    Or men's...
    Oh for godsake, who told you? OK I use MY tights on the end of my pipe.. hmm.. that sounds worse lol

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Gatherer For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-06-19), Greengrass (26-06-19), Herbitual (27-06-19), lipnobody (26-06-19)