Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Electricity Costs

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,828 Times

Haven't seen a key meter since house share in uni. Some twat... Might have been me... Would sit up playing xbox until 5am on the emergency £5 and then sneaked off to bed before the rest got up... If their alarms had batteries in them

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to curiouscultivator For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-06-19), HYDRO_VIRGIN#1 (27-06-19), IceCalibur (27-06-19), Trex (27-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,454 Times

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscultivator View Post
    Haven't seen a key meter since house share in uni. Some twat... Might have been me... Would sit up playing xbox until 5am on the emergency £5 and then sneaked off to bed before the rest got up... If their alarms had batteries in them

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk
    A mate has a key metre, you get £5 emergency credit but if it runs out in the night it gets extended to 10am ish before the power goes off so he's just said and they charge you more if your using emergency credit so its better not to get to that fiver

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greengrass For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (27-06-19), GEORGE (28-06-19), Valentina (27-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Must be a way to hack them key cards no ?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (27-06-19), GasMan (27-06-19), GEORGE (28-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,454 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Trex View Post
    Must be a way to hack them key cards no ?

Don't think so but bi passing the metre altogether is a big thing with cash croppers, a friend of the wife her boyfriend cheats the metre
    Not me you understand this me hobby I've cut down on the drinking and haven't bought weed off the street for 2 and half years thanks to some of you I'm saving 60 sheets a week from that alone
    Lights n extraction are at most 50p extra a day
    Last edited by Greengrass; 27-06-19 at 07:59 PM.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Greengrass For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (27-06-19), GEORGE (28-06-19), IceCalibur (27-06-19), Trex (27-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,814 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Trex View Post
    Fuck that lol . Like a pay as you go cell phone . Run out of cash your cut off type thing ?

Aye it’s a nightmare, the last tenant had these pre pay meters installed and I got told I would have to pay 100 quid to get them took out (fuck that) so they stayed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to HYDRO_VIRGIN#1 For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (27-06-19), GasMan (27-06-19), GEORGE (28-06-19), Greengrass (28-06-19), IceCalibur (27-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrass View Post
    Don't think so but bi passing the metre altogether is a big thing with cash croppers, a friend of the wife her boyfriend cheats the metre
    Not me you understand this me hobby I've cut down on the drinking and haven't bought weed off the street for 2 and half years thanks to some of you I'm saving 60 sheets a week from that alone
    Lights n extraction are at most 50p extra a day
    Yea i hear ya . Hacking a meter here is a big no no .
    More charges will result of that then growing weed i think .

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (27-06-19), GEORGE (28-06-19), Greengrass (28-06-19), Valentina (27-06-19)

Thanks

I don’t know how but I think I’ve beat everyone... lol £298 a month DD I pay for both gas and electric, my heating is on 24/7 all winter and some of spring and autumn. I’ve got a 3 bed house 2 kids and a big koi pond in my garden with pumps, uv light & air pump running 24/7 so I do use a fair amount of gas & electric. I’ve just checked I’m £333 in credit woohoo so with me now changing to LEDs they might owe me a lot of money by the end of summer, I sound like I’m a commercial grower with a bill like that lol

Current grow.... 3 Invisible Sun LED boards vs 2 600w HPS

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...5&share_type=t

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thegrower1 For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (27-06-19), GEORGE (28-06-19), Greengrass (28-06-19)

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by thegrower1 View Post
    I don’t know how but I think I’ve beat everyone... lol £298 a month DD I pay for both gas and electric, my heating is on 24/7 all winter and some of spring and autumn. I’ve got a 3 bed house 2 kids and a big koi pond in my garden with pumps, uv light & air pump running 24/7 so I do use a fair amount of gas & electric. I’ve just checked I’m £333 in credit woohoo so with me now changing to LEDs they might owe me a lot of money by the end of summer, I sound like I’m a commercial grower with a bill like that lol

Holy shit mate and I was complaining about mine LOL..that's a lot of money monthly on electricity and gas only, must be those pond pumps

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (27-06-19), GEORGE (28-06-19), Greengrass (28-06-19), thegrower1 (27-06-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    Holy shit mate and I was complaining about mine LOL..that's a lot of money monthly on electricity and gas only, must be those pond pumps
    My wife works for one of the big electric companies and she says our usage is a lot compared to other 3 bed houses in our area, i said yes but other houses in our area don’t have a little jungle in the loft

Tbh I have always wondered if my meter might be faulty because it’s always been on the high side, I just worry if I’m opening a can of warms by complaining about it and there’s nothing wrong with it...

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thegrower1 For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (27-06-19), GEORGE (28-06-19), Greengrass (28-06-19), IceCalibur (27-06-19)

19. Default

Quote Originally Posted by thegrower1 View Post
    My wife works for one of the big electric companies and she says our usage is a lot compared to other 3 bed houses in our area, i said yes but other houses in our area don’t have a little jungle in the loft

Tbh I have always wondered if my meter might be faulty because it’s always been on the high side, I just worry if I’m opening a can of warms by complaining about it and there’s nothing wrong with it...

What I would do is see how much you're paying when you're not growing mate and then see how much the growing is adding. Do you know what wattages those pumps are at?

I know what you mean about digging into it though and not wanting to cause attention to it..I currently have one of those old smart meters (the old ones worked with one company only, at least the one I have does), so since I switched I'm giving manual readings and they offered to update my meter for free which is cool so I went for it..this way if my old meter was broken we shall soon find out hey lol

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (27-06-19), GasMan (27-06-19), GEORGE (28-06-19), Greengrass (28-06-19), thegrower1 (27-06-19)

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast