Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Arctic Air Chillers

Thanks

Default Arctic Air Chillers

Hi,
    For the last few days I have been struggling to get the temp below 31 degrees. My tent is in a room where there is no possibility of extracting outside, when I'm home I leave windows open to get fresh air moving through the house, the door to the room the tent is in is left open whilst the lights are on. Would leaving an Arctic Air chiller in front of the intake tube help, as the intake fan would be drawing chilled air?

If not I have seen portable air conditioning units advertised that also act as dehumidifiers, I wouldn't have space in the tent but I would in the room; would this work in keeping the temperature down and to reduce the RH during flowering, my plants are about half way through the flowering stage and RH is varying between 50 and 60. Big drawback is they cost £300 to £400.

Would be interested to hear your thoughts.

Regards

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OrganicViper For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-06-19), Greengrass (30-06-19)

3. Default

Hello OrganicViper, I very much doubt that Artic Air chiller at 10w is going to make much difference as it won't produce enough cold air at the rate in which your intake will be pulling in air I'm certain. Those expensive portable air conditioning units are a solution but at what cost?..how many watts do they run and what effect will that have on your electricity bill. Of course, if this is not an issue then fair play

Just out of curiosity what are your temps like usually?..dimensions of your grow and the size of your exhaust fan?

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-06-19), Greengrass (30-06-19), OrganicViper (27-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 52,286 Times

Best band I ever saw.
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/signaturepics/sigpic82640_3.gif

Neckbeard, cute dog, pansy-ass fuck* pursuing herb immunity since 1966

*TM. HazyClouds (RIP)

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Herbitual For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-06-19), Mac (01-07-19), OrganicViper (03-07-19), Wags (26-06-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    Hello OrganicViper, I very much doubt that Artic Air chiller at 10w is going to make much difference as it won't produce enough cold air at the rate in which your intake will be pulling in air I'm certain. Those expensive portable air conditioning units are a solution but at what cost?..how many watts do they run and what effect will that have on your electricity bill. Of course, if this is not an issue then fair play

Just out of curiosity what are your temps like usually?..dimensions of your grow and the size of your exhaust fan?
    Hi IceCaliber,

Thanks for your response.

My tent is 1.2m square with a 6" RVK exhaust fan and a 4'' intake fan. Since posting yesterday I have realised that my fan controller is set at a max speed of 47% so that offers some scope for significant improvement, my temp is usually about 28 degrees. I won't go with the air conditioning unit but will still look into a dehumidifier to put in the tent. Since commencing flowering the RH has varied from 49 to 64, always goes up just after watering the soil. What is your opinion and if you have a dehumidifier would you recommend the model you own?

Regards

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OrganicViper For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-06-19), Greengrass (30-06-19), IceCalibur (27-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,808 Times

Make sure you get a dehumidifier that either has a 10+ lt capacity or drain to waste. Otherwise you will be constantly emptying it.

Also, they kick out a fair amount of heat.

They are pretty cheap from Amazon.
    Current Grow (3L coco autos) : Jumper's 2020 shenanigans

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jumper114 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-06-19), Greengrass (30-06-19), IceCalibur (27-06-19), OrganicViper (03-07-19)

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by OrganicViper View Post
    Hi IceCaliber,

Thanks for your response.

My tent is 1.2m square with a 6" RVK exhaust fan and a 4'' intake fan. Since posting yesterday I have realised that my fan controller is set at a max speed of 47% so that offers some scope for significant improvement, my temp is usually about 28 degrees. I won't go with the air conditioning unit but will still look into a dehumidifier to put in the tent. Since commencing flowering the RH has varied from 49 to 64, always goes up just after watering the soil. What is your opinion and if you have a dehumidifier would you recommend the model you own?

Regards
    You're more than welcome

Ok fantastic, so you should see a significant improvement for sure since you'll be removing the air now at around double the speed than you had it before. Unfortunately, I do not own a dehumidifier so maybe another member can offer you some recommendations on ones that they have personally tried

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-06-19), Greengrass (30-06-19), OrganicViper (03-07-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,277 Times

I have a humidifier and it blows out cold air mist. It keeps temps down and humidity level up.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spliff man For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-06-19), Greengrass (30-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,883 Times

I’ve got a 20l dehumidifier, I have it drain to waste so I don’t have to empty it at all. Have it either set on a timer or on my controller when in a different room.

All in all they are worth the money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Done420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-06-19), Greengrass (30-06-19), IceCalibur (30-06-19), OrganicViper (03-07-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spliff man View Post
    I have a humidifier and it blows out cold air mist. It keeps temps down and humidity level up.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Thanks Spliff Man,
    That sounds interesting. What make is it and where did you get it?
    Regards

18. The Following User Says Thank You to OrganicViper For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-07-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,454 Times

I suspect any cool mist humidifier will help to some degree... but not what you want running during flowering

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-07-19), OrganicViper (04-07-19), Spliff man (23-07-19)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast