Thread: Where to blow hot air

Thanks

Default Where to blow hot air

I hope to put the tent in the out house I just need ti figure out ventilation issue.

2 x 1000w lights produce a lot of heat so need to vent it to outside air, but seen many documentaries of the boys in the sky raiding due to the obvious temperature variation which can be seen between the hot air and cold outside air. This is more obvious at night.

What are are the possible solutions if any?

Could cute a hole in the floor and vent through the suspended floor ?
    Could install an extraction fan to help expel the air ?
    Could keep the window cracked with ducting near window ? , but this is obvious I would say.

Hopefully one day we wont have to jump through these hoops just to get a little smoke!

Thanks.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spooky For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-06-19), Greengrass (28-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

Quote Originally Posted by spooky View Post
    I hope to put the tent in the out house I just need ti figure out ventilation issue.

2 x 1000w lights produce a lot of heat so need to vent it to outside air, but seen many documentaries of the boys in the sky raiding due to the obvious temperature variation which can be seen between the hot air and cold outside air. This is more obvious at night.

What are are the possible solutions if any?

Could cute a hole in the floor and vent through the suspended floor ?
    Could install an extraction fan to help expel the air ?
    Could keep the window cracked with ducting near window ? , but this is obvious I would say.

Hopefully one day we wont have to jump through these hoops just to get a little smoke!

Thanks.
    How big is the building ?

It will be moist air, if you vent into a suspended floor, it will introduce mould & rot...I would either get an old boiler flue or log burner flue and use with an extractor fan if stealth is needed. Not an uncommon sight in an outbuilding...

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-06-19), Greengrass (28-06-19), spooky (28-06-19), Trex (28-06-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AND View Post
    How big is the building ?

It will be moist air, if you vent into a suspended floor, it will introduce mould & rot...I would either get an old boiler flue or log burner flue and use with an extractor fan if stealth is needed. Not an uncommon sight in an outbuilding...
    Hey mate, thanks for your help.

The floor has plenty of air 4 air bricks in total - and I wouldn't mind throwing another two in - I do concede though that because the air is moist rot may occur.

Building is W= 4M D=3 H=2.5m so its a decent size. I could run a flue but in that case would it be cable of take a 10" in summer

Note the building is well insulated - floors, walls and roof.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spooky For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

Quote Originally Posted by spooky View Post
    Hey mate, thanks for your help.

The floor has plenty of air 4 air bricks in total - and I wouldn't mind throwing another two in - I do concede though that because the air is moist rot may occur.

Building is W= 4M D=3 H=2.5m so its a decent size. I could run a flue but in that case would it be cable of take a 10" in summer

Note the building is well insulated - floors, walls and roof.
    I would be very wary of venting into floor and yeah, a 10" flue would be a bit of a giveaway

You could vent out low to the ground and box it off a little on the outside. You need the heat to condense onto something cold in the box to diguise heat signature though and the a drain for the condensate.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-06-19), Greengrass (28-06-19), Valentina (28-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Vent out the soffit . Worst off .

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trex View Post
    Vent out the soffit . Worst off .

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    could install some ventilation disks along the soffit.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to spooky For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-06-19)