Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hot loft fresh air

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

Quote Originally Posted by .Nixon. View Post
    There's definitely one of those . Only reason I'd not considered it thus far is because we're an end terrace and my tent is situated at the no neighbour side of the house.
    I'll take a look at the chimney breast tomorrow and see whether I can get a 4" pipe in there somehow.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Make sure theres no appliance attached, as chimney will now not work properly, if there is a gas fire, disconnect it

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

Benson123 (30-06-19), British green (30-06-19), curiouscultivator (31-07-19), GEORGE (04-07-19)

Thanks

Evening all.

Just a little update. I bought a 6" TD silent to replace the 4" one I was running as extract.
    Re-rigged the tent this afternoon.

I now have the the 4" as an intake running from a vent I put in to draw the cool air from the stairs.

The problem I have at the moment, and I ran out of time to finish it for today, is that 1) the noise of the air being sucked in the vent is quite noticeable, and 2) I now don't fully have negative pressure in the tent.

I'm running the extract at 30%.
    I'm unsure if the 4"(TD 250/100) have a high and a low setting, if so, low might sort my problem out.

Will get back up there tomorrow after work.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to .Nixon. For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (31-07-19), GEORGE (04-07-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,816 Times

Quote Originally Posted by .Nixon. View Post
    Evening all.

Just a little update. I bought a 6" TD silent to replace the 4" one I was running as extract.
    Re-rigged the tent this afternoon.

I now have the the 4" as an intake running from a vent I put in to draw the cool air from the stairs.

The problem I have at the moment, and I ran out of time to finish it for today, is that 1) the noise of the air being sucked in the vent is quite noticeable, and 2) I now don't fully have negative pressure in the tent.

I'm running the extract at 30%.
    I'm unsure if the 4"(TD 250/100) have a high and a low setting, if so, low might sort my problem out.

Will get back up there tomorrow after work.

TD fans usually have high and low setting which is adjusted by wiring. The manual or if exists labels would help you.
    A man chooses, a slave obeys!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JamesJoyce For This Useful Post:

.Nixon. (04-07-19), curiouscultivator (31-07-19), GEORGE (04-07-19)

Thanks

I'll check connections tomorrow. If getting it on low doesn't reduced air noise enough I'll have to just use the ceiling vent as a passive intake, at least it's fresh cool air, better than the previous hot loft air through the side vents.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to .Nixon. For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (31-07-19), GEORGE (04-07-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,830 Times

If you're on 12/12 change the timing so you're lights on is through the night. I'm in the same boat and temps above 30c you're just wasting your electricity. 40c And
    the plants won't be transpiring or growing one bit. Run through the night when ambient temps are cooler.
    Prime
    When you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to prime For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (31-07-19), GEORGE (05-07-19)

Thanks

I'm growing auto's, so the cobs are running 24/7.
    Even tho I've had pretty high loft temperatures, all three plants are doing great with no signs of stress at all, I have good air circulation even if it is a tad warm.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to .Nixon. For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (31-07-19), GEORGE (05-07-19), prime (05-07-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,883 Times

If you can draw from a cooler room then it’s great to do that and then if you need to change it then get it from the soffit area of the roof....north side best as it should be cooler.

As for the fans I would say the filter on your extract is causing too much restriction for the fan that’s why your intake is pushing more in that you want.

When the filter is choking the fan then the fan won’t be struggling massively.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Done420 For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (31-07-19)

Thanks

Do you have an extractor fan in your upstairs bathroom/toilet?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ricky4003 For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (31-07-19)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2