Thread: A rather.. wierd lighting schedule? S:/

Thanks

Default A rather.. wierd lighting schedule? S:/

Hi guys.
    Im using 2 100watt full spectrum led BULBS (those screw on ones) i bought from amazon.

Im currently planting a Gorilla Glue auto from fastbuds. Its only been 4 days since soil break.

Now for autos many people have said 18/6 works good. Some saying 20/4 and 24/0 gave lovely results.

Doing some research.. its said that cannabis plants are C3 plants, so they dont actually 'need' darkness. And as for autos its like C3 squared as theyl flower when their ready to do so and change in light isnt actually needed.

My question here is, because my bulbs are bulbs and not actual fixtures like viper spectra grow lights that have built in fans... my bulbs get pretty hot. But the 'hottness' is a constant hot. It doesnt grow hotter and become unsafe. I can put my hand on it even after 18 hours of nonstop use. But i am paranoid, hence i thought of a rather exotic light schedule that allow my bulbs to cool down here and there.

So i thought... since cannabis dont care about darkness... can i set my timer so the lights turn off for 30 mins every 6 hours so my bulbs can relax and cool down for a bit. Would that somehow disturb my plants growth? Even though its a C3 plant.

In other words... has anyone tried a 6/0.5 cycle?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BunsenBernard For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-07-19), Mac (01-07-19)

Thanks

Attachment 373721

Just to show the bulbs im using. Their pretty cheap and bright. Actuall 30watt pull from socket.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BunsenBernard For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-07-19), Mac (01-07-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 25,492 Times

Have tried 24, 20 and currently run 18hrs light. All worked but the plants always seemed happiest on 18/6 for me.
    They may not "need" the dark, but they "love" a sleep in my (very limited) experience. But then no 2 plants are the same

A small clip on fan blowing at the bulbs would help cool them without having to interrupt the light schedules. Id be concerned about potential herming with a 6/0.5.

NO SELL, NO SMELL, NO TELL!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mac For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-07-19)