Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: wick soil grow?

Thanks

a few pictures while waiting for the papayas. still can't get high off rockstar in a joint but can get a bit high off it when doing blades. good lesson considering how potent it looks. i was sure this was going to be one of if not the best plant

began testing early on these first two plants because of lack of knowledge but also because they are small and mostly seed so i jarred them after only one week of hanging. the rest will be 10 days and when i grow big sensi plants it will be two weeks. still by this time at two weeks from chop the potency should be revealed
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hp nug.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	91.8 KB 
ID:	375754   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rs nug.JPG 
Views:	69 
Size:	280.6 KB 
ID:	375755   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p3,p4,p1 l to r.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	87.9 KB 
ID:	375756  

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to resi For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (21-09-19), Cleargreen (26-10-19), GEORGE (21-09-19), IceCalibur (21-09-19), SmobyToker#1 (22-09-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,993 Times

Quote Originally Posted by resi View Post
    a few pictures while waiting for the papayas. still can't get high off rockstar in a joint but can get a bit high off it when doing blades. good lesson considering how potent it looks. i was sure this was going to be one of if not the best plant

began testing early on these first two plants because of lack of knowledge but also because they are small and mostly seed so i jarred them after only one week of hanging. the rest will be 10 days and when i grow big sensi plants it will be two weeks. still by this time at two weeks from chop the potency should be revealed
    Hello mate i agree the bud looks good, but i do see lots of seeds in it which would explain why you are not getting too high? That left photo there are seeds hanging out the calyx. Its a bummer but keep an eye for hermied parts of the plants next time. They look like banana's in miniture or like a sack
    FORMERLY TOBYSMOKER

Big buddah cheese and blue cheese solo journey - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ese-Round-Two-)

Big Buddah Blue Cheese & Cheese Mentored by Budlightyear! https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-Bud-lightyear

BREAKS & BEATS FOR THE MUSIC PRODUCERS OUT THERE!!! - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-check-it-out

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (26-10-19), Gaz (22-09-19), GEORGE (22-09-19), resi (29-09-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,993 Times

Here we go just incase you couldnt see them -

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (23-09-19), Cleargreen (26-10-19), Gaz (22-09-19), GEORGE (22-09-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,171 Times

Quote Originally Posted by SmobyToker#1 View Post
    Here we go just incase you couldnt see them -
    Good eye. That is a lot of seeds.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (26-10-19), GEORGE (23-09-19), resi (29-09-19)

Thanks

haha yes i seeded the crop with the sativa pheno papaya male : )

i guess i can say now the only potent plants were hash passion and p1 sativa pheno. i had my eye on p3 hybrid pheno for the coffee skunk aroma and the resin smells like peppermint but it has barely any thc and the smoke is like fan leaves and coffee grinds

even worse, p4 went from sweet scotch tape in flower to a can of paint when opening the jar, it is getting better though. minimal thc and if you can get past the smell of the buds the smoke is almost palatable and the almost-high is kind of soothing. i might keep as a house plant because it is so beautiful and odd

rockstar already explained, it somehow grew tasty and potent under the sun but for me it grew nasty and not potent, even though it was loud and crystally as funking hell. this and p4 were the first to ever gross me out like that in opposite ways, p4 being chemical smelling and rockstar human waste smelling. not that i grew that much though

that leaves hash passion and p1 that are worth keeping. the other two papayas were nice to look at but i will be throwing the bud out it is so wretched. i kept the male just in case the hash passion x papaya seeds turn out as it is the same sativa pheno as p1. on a side note, breaking up the root system of p3 caused the room to smell like pine
    -------------------------

p1 finished at 9 weeks and is a slow building, flying through a warm mist high which later settles into an indica type meld that lasts for a long time. maybe a tad heavy and lingering on the burnout if too much is smoked. not quite as potent as hash passion but the high is next level and equally if not more powerful. cure just started also

already it has amazing flavour as well with every exhale being of wink (canadian grapefruit soda). there is a bite to it which perfectly emulates the fizziness and a citric grapefruit taste stays on the taste buds long after. after a few days in the jar it has mellowed and the bouquet when rolling a joint is of actual papaya. i was holding out on jumping to conclusions but it really is or a fruit similar to it

it also is the best yielding and the biggest growing in veg while smelling of cat piss, then in late flower like sweet grapefruit. there is also a sharp either pepper or chemical-ish note in the resin which seems to be where it gets the fizz from on the exhale. while drying there is a pungent grapefruit perfume
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hash passion only grew in flower although tripled in height and finished at 7 weeks with a modest yield that could be doubled because it had no space to be lst'd this time. although the taste seems mild so far the smoke is smooth and sweet with notes of some things i can't figure out yet but they are nice.. the aromas i can attach so far to the buds are sharp cheese or ricotta, skunk and lime

this is the most potent plant and compared to p1 it is a faster warm bath body stone centered in the chest that is intense at first yet also lasts into warm cozy munchies with an easier recovery than p1. i can only grow two strains max and these compliment each other nicely

i would say hash passion is just about at the potency level of most weed i smoke which is just from a m.o.m. and one local connect btw. for p1 i think the cure will bring the weight to potency ratio a bit closer but even so the p1 is just different weed than what i'm used to. it is coma inducing it just takes a toke more to start the launch sequence. the flavour is incredible though wow i am 100% calling this weed wink

i spoke too soon on those cloners d'oh as some of the main tops and stems are taking time. will keep experimenting though

Name:	p1 fingers.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	169.8 KB 
ID:	375960   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p1 hash.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	375961   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p3 seed.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	43.7 KB 
ID:	375959   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	next crop1.jpg 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	375962   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	next crop2.jpg 
Size:	143.7 KB 
ID:	375963  

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to resi For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-09-19), IceCalibur (01-10-19), redisiel (26-10-19), SmobyToker#1 (03-10-19)

Thanks

update:

i think i cooked the thc out of the weed by timing the crop with the hottest time of year and because of weird ac rules in my building i went without ac this year. so for the first half of flower it was a sauna in the apartment and the tent was usually close to 34-35c

i smoked the same clone of the bb/rs/nph plant grown outside and it was as if my version was the outline and the outdoors was the actual picture so to speak. aside from almost no thc, the terpene profile of mine was also very nasty if not louder and more crystally than the outdoors. the two other papayas turned out unpalatable and non potent. the one i thought would be the bomb p3 now smells like raspberries and peppermint and the mutant p4 like paint and bbq sauce

the garden was otherwise a good environment but with boiling temperatures in those first/middle weeks of flowering and not enough co2 exchange i got healthy looking plants with some strange terpenes and only p1 and hash passion had any potency. p1 showed the most potential by far and hopefully a cooler grow will do the same thing terpene and potency wise that happened with the outdoor bb/rs/nph clones

this next crop with cooler temperatures and no seeds will compare p1 with p1xp7, hash passionxp7 and as a control chemdog millionaire from next generation. most of the p1xp7 are already smelling at 2 1/2 weeks from germ and are showing variation while the hpxp7 are uniform and no odour yet

also doing some clone experiments. first between just kelp, just hormone or just water. the water only clone i didn't get a good cut so i struggled with it, but also these clones started to bud because of the glr light schedule so now switched to 16/8. i should note the kelp only clone also stayed the healthiest followed by hormone only then water only. next will see what difference size of wick makes for cloning as it affects the speed of the capillary action which i believe should be matched to the speed of evaporation of the perlite. then will do one to find the optimal amount of kelp

when i transplant a rooted clone to a pot, i can double the wick in the pot's reservoir which will keep the soil heavier when lifted ie more saturated so the clone doesn't wilt as the roots settle in. then when it catches go back to normal wick for that pot size

with the p1 mother, i doubled the wick because the soil didn't seem heavy enough and maybe a bit dry. then after a few days it got heavier and the colour of the new shoots got lighter green, almost too light. then i dropped it back down to one layer of wick and the new shoots are a more healthy green again and the soil is not as heavy. this is the sweet spot i am guessing where it is hard to tell if the pot is too heavy or too light

my friend also grew la confidential outdoors which made me realize i might rather just grow on the balcony lol. i had not experienced cannabis like that in decades wow. the most purest strongest delicious skunk smell just standing in the room as he rolled a joint holy moly

the onset was a scary 1000 foot drop into a world of digital static that did not fade or turn off for hours. it was like i was in another dimension or a video game i was literally fried. i had to just stand on the deck and ride it out, then after my vision was all sparkly. there was no burnout/headache/dry mouth etc either. both the high and the smell of the bud were something i haven't experienced since the 90's

Name:	20 days l to r - kelp, hormone, water.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	81.3 KB 
ID:	376566   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wicking pots v2.0.4.14b.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	62.6 KB 
ID:	376567  

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to resi For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (26-10-19), GEORGE (26-10-19), redisiel (26-10-19)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5