Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: wick soil grow?

Thanks

ice, that's papaya sativa pheno male btw

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to resi For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (04-09-19), CityDweller (07-08-19), Cleargreen (24-07-19), GEORGE (25-07-19), IceCalibur (24-07-19)

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by resi View Post
    ice, that's papaya sativa pheno male btw
    Ahhh ok mate yep, was gonna say I eye spy some male sacs lol

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (04-09-19), CityDweller (07-08-19), Cleargreen (24-07-19), GEORGE (25-07-19), lipnobody (24-07-19), resi (24-07-19)

Thanks

week two of flowering and daylight reduced another 20 minutes. these plants are growing so fast no matter how much pruning they just keep growing. maybe next time will wait to add bloom fertilizer

had to remove the tops of the p7 sativa male and the top of the p4 indica which has reverted back to being the tallest plant in the garden again. the p4 top would have been above the light by now, also it grew too many spindly branches that had to be cut

things have also changed with the wicking as the fastest wicking pot which i referred to as the saturated pot with rock star(?)/p1 sativa is now tied in second with the now caught up p4 indica/hash passion pot. the hash passion almost did all of its growing after the light change and has made its way up to canopy level

the p7 sativa male/p3 hybrid pot is now wicking by far the fastest i think because it has so many roots in the saucer whereas the previously fastest wicking pot has the least roots in the saucer. nice to see the contrast between the dark green leaves of the papayas, the medium green leaves of the rock star(?) and the light green leaves of the hash passion

the newly formed buds have the signature sweet dewy(?) smell and the male has started to release pollen. temps in this tent have often been up to mid 30's. i seriously hope they stop growing soon o_o

also the perlite clones are still perfect with no stem rot and it looks like the cloners are set and forget thank god. next time will add only a sprinkle of rooting powder as i notice if there is too much in relation to the leaf/stem mass there might be a lower leaf that will get dark speckles and yellow. this is a good sign though just not necessary. a few of the previous cloners i made with soil have rooted, those were the most resilient strains i guess being the p7 male and p3 hybrid. they stayed nice and dark green but mostly the soil wicking cloners were prone to rot. the perlite cloners though look like the bomb so far. just add water, no dome no mat, leaves and stem stay perfectly healthy. will see how the next week goes
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!2nd week flowering1_.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	173.5 KB 
ID:	374514   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!2nd week flowering2_.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	75.4 KB 
ID:	374515   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!2nd week flowering roots_.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	61.8 KB 
ID:	374516   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!2nd week flowering f_.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	109.8 KB 
ID:	374517   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!2nd week flowering m_.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	161.6 KB 
ID:	374518  

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to resi For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (04-09-19), CityDweller (07-08-19), Cleargreen (31-07-19), GEORGE (01-08-19), IceCalibur (31-07-19)

7. Default

resi the plants are looking beautiful man..love the pics of the male too, it's a rare sight here on the forums unless we get a hermie lol

Out of curiosity could you tell me what you made those round reflective pads you placed inside the pots from?

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (31-07-19), Cleargreen (31-07-19), GEORGE (01-08-19)

Thanks

thanks ice! the mulch discs are reflective insulation, this brand is called reflectix which i bought at home depot. it is difficult to get under them to fertilize so what i will try next grow is to pre mix veg soil and bloom soil, then use a strip of reflectix or similar as a barrier between the two soils and just remove the barrier when switching to flowering. will have to make sure each zone has contact with the webbing

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to resi For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (07-08-19), GEORGE (01-08-19), IceCalibur (31-07-19)

Thanks

3rd week flowering and daylight now set to 11/13. i cut the male yesterday which will give more space for the plants nearby. now the sugar leaves are showing up and new smells are appearing when rubbing stems/leaves/buds. pots are drinking about 14l per week now

the rockstar i was not fond of flavour wise and since it was already mature as a cutting before the other plants grown from seed it's stems still smell like puke, urinal pucks, cheese and soap. the p1 and p3 papayas though are just coming into flavour country as the stems and buds now smell like straight up delicious bubblegum

the p4 papaya is the slowest to start budding and also the tallest and branchiest, which is wierd since it started with indica leaves, so much so that the middle blades were almost perfect circles. it still has a slight chocolate smell and other decent spicy soapy stem aromas though definitely the least aromatic

hash passion stems still smell like lime candy and the buds are starting to get some flavour

the perlite cloners i made though i have to say are game changing. i was thinking of all types of methods when my first attempts failed and had an aero cloner all pieced together and ready to buy from the local hardware shops and then i make these things....

these clones look the exact same now as they did the moment they were cut three weeks ago with perfect leaves and stems. i kept them as backups in water for a week before putting in the cloners, but it would have played out the same way since they only took 2 weeks to fully root in the cloners

no dome no mat no misting no gauges no checking in. just make a straight cut (i did my googles don't @ me lol) not 45 so it heals faster, put it in the cloner. two weeks later the clones are still immaculate and fully rooted. wash and reuse the cloners. i also made wicking pots out of clear saucers for transplants/mother. although these i got from geopot in usa, the local shops all sell the flimsy ones, not that these are that stable. maybe will try opaque plastic saucers also

Name:	!3rd week flowering1.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	163.7 KB 
ID:	374640   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!3rd week flowering male chop.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	163.9 KB 
ID:	374641   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!3rd week flowering male chop2.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	124.9 KB 
ID:	374642   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!3rd week flowering sugar leaves.jpg 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	374643   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!3rd week flowering cloners ready @2 weeks.jpg 
Size:	106.5 KB 
ID:	374644  
    Last edited by resi; 07-08-19 at 01:35 AM.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to resi For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (04-09-19), CityDweller (07-08-19), GEORGE (07-08-19)

Thanks

few more pics. couldn't get a clear picture but the hash passion clone i transplanted earlier had triple the roots

Name:	!3rd week flowering cloners ready @2 weeks2.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	64.5 KB 
ID:	374645   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!3rd week flowering hp transplant.jpg 
Size:	86.2 KB 
ID:	374646  
    Last edited by resi; 07-08-19 at 01:38 AM.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to resi For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (04-09-19), CityDweller (07-08-19), GEORGE (07-08-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,171 Times

Very nice journal you have going here. I hope that tapa updates soon so I can view the photos. Cheers and happy growing. Gonna tag along even without photos.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (04-09-19), GEORGE (07-08-19), lipnobody (07-08-19), resi (08-08-19)

Thanks

4th week flowering and light schedule set to 10:40/13:20. flavours are changing as the buds develop and i fertilized for the second and last time a few days ago
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!4th week flowering1.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	180.6 KB 
ID:	374786

Name:	!4th week flowering2.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	170.2 KB 
ID:	374787
    i realized the cloning powder recommended dose is too much for the size of clones i am taking. what has happened with two soil clones and one perlite clone is the part of the stem dipped in the powder has died but not rotted so the clones stayed healthy but didn't grow roots

it seems too much has prevented the bottom from healing which would then signal the next step of growing roots(?) i will in future just put dilute kelp water mixed with a touch of clone powder in the cloners, maybe also try a few just dipping the tip of the stem

some updates on the plants:

rockstar(?) - this is by far the frostiest and although the stems smell nasty, touching the buds is pure sweet deep indica resin. maybe it is the frostiest only because it is two months more mature than the other plants? it seems not be growing as many seeds as the plants closer to the male

Name:	!4th week flowering rockstar.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	133.9 KB 
ID:	374788
    hash passion - the second frostiest and the second most resiny bud touch smell with a deep sweet berry-ish resin smell like the rockstar. still the lightest green leaves and after staying under a foot for the entire veg time it then reached the top of the garden after switching the lights

Name:	!4th week flowering hash passion.jpg 
Size:	129.5 KB 
ID:	374789
    p1 - third frostiest, biggest and bushiest plant. the bud resin smells like exotic fruit and/or bubblegum but also with a peppery kick like ground up pot seeds

Name:	!4th week flowering p1.jpg 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	374790

18. The Following User Says Thank You to resi For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-08-19)

Thanks

p3 - had my eye on this one before flowering because of the deep colours and the lemon pinesol stems. this did not stretch that much after flowering like the rest of the plants. also unlike the others it is growing bud all the way up the stems and not in clusters. although i am hoping it will get more frosty

the smell of the bud though is something wild that i haven't smelled in ages like since the 90's. it is a classic smell that always meant the dankest of the dank it is pure sweet peppermint/spearmint/spice. like straight up with no soap or citrus or any pungency just the most sweet fresh minty complex incense smell that is addicting

Name:	!4th week flowering p3.jpg 
Size:	143.5 KB 
ID:	374791
    p4 - this is the tall wierd plant that has the darkest leaves and strange spindly branches that had to be cut and minimal smell as well as being the healthiest overall plant in terms of sheen. it was late to start budding but the buds are looking nice and they smell like pure sweetness with some spice. turning out to be better than i expected so will have a more interesting decision when time to sample

Name:	!4th week flowering p P4.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	113.6 KB 
ID:	374792

20. The Following User Says Thank You to resi For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-08-19)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast