Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Thanks to iron man i have a project ha

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    Lol And had a butchers at a good mates loft the other day hahaha youd love it man lol. Gonna need to build the whole thing floating above the joists like hahahaha I wouldnt be sticking to much weight on them.

Am i right in saying bare in mind ive been off the tools 15 years.

If I build a cls floor and chop in a double floor joist either side between the gable wall and the party wall and noggin it up nice. Can I then transfer the load into the rafters pulling the ridge board cuts tighter for the best strength. The pearlins aint great man and not particularly usefull

Would it be better to do the floor in 4 x 2 memory says it will nees to be, may need to chop a centre double joist too thinking about it.
    I think I get what your saying, if so NO

Fire brigade have a recent no no on joists chopped into the walls as apparently they fall when burning !!...easiest way (if you have the head room) is bolt a length of 4x2 on each opposing wall 50mm above insulation and run joist hangers off that...then use your 4x2 and chipboard the result

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

Gaz (03-09-19), GEORGE (03-09-19), IceCalibur (03-09-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 62,510 Times

Quote Originally Posted by AND View Post
    I think I get what your saying, if so NO

Fire brigade have a recent no no on joists chopped into the walls as apparently they fall when burning !!...easiest way (if you have the head room) is bolt a length of 4x2 on each opposing wall 50mm above insulation and run joist hangers off that...then use your 4x2 and chipboard the result
    Pukka job done nice one AND lol just need a decent hilti lol WF420 will be pleased I checked hahaha. Thanks mate I know exactly what to do now
    Last edited by Gaz; 03-09-19 at 04:38 PM.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

AND (03-09-19), GEORGE (03-09-19), WF420 (03-09-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,402 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    Pukka job done nice one AND lol just need a decent hilti lol WF420 will be pleased I checked hahaha. Thanks mate I know exactly what to do now
    Dont wanna be falling through the ceiling mate! Nice one AND now, if you fancy coming to demonstrate to us both how youd do it thatd be grand im sure we could help here n there

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WF420 For This Useful Post:

AND (03-09-19), GEORGE (03-09-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

Quote Originally Posted by WF420 View Post
    Dont wanna be falling through the ceiling mate! Nice one AND now, if you fancy coming to demonstrate to us both how youd do it thatd be grand im sure we could help here n there
    Pay my day rate & diesel...I'll be happy to come sit and smoke all your weed

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-09-19), IceCalibur (03-09-19), Karsa (11-10-19), Peanut butter (11-09-19), WF420 (03-09-19)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3